Headset...was it the Logitech G35?
Last night on vent you guys mentioned a good and comfortable headset and recommended it for me, was it the Logitech G35?
If not, what was it?

I really want to get one because I just haven't been able to find a comfortable headset and always used a free standing mic instead. As you know (Diggles), it picks up my game volume, no matter how low I set it, when I PTT. Now, I do have a really sh*tty mic, I won't deny that, so my options are to either get a decent mic with good noise filtering (I can pick one up from a music instrument store) or a good gaming headset.

I'm not just doing this for me, but for the good of all man kind. Oh, and my physical well being (I'm scared of Diggles).
Fretty
Guild Wars 2: Fretty The Charming - Mesmer(currently inactive)
Rift: Nico - Cleric Extraordinaire // Fretty - Radical Rogue(currently inactive)
Eve: Fret V2 - EW Master of the Universe (currently inactive)
Your head, my lap. 'Nuff said.
G35 is a keyboard, Fretty.

I've always had mic issues though, so I'm not gonna recommend anything there =P
Gameless (for now)
Can't I hold the keyboard to my face and get the same results?
Fretty
Rift: Nico - Cleric Extraordinaire // Fretty - Radical Rogue(currently inactive)
Fretty you are right dont listen to Orsun. The Logitech G35 and the Plantronics Gamecom (The new version of old DSP500 for you CS fans) are two of the better headsets imo.

Logitech G35
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104281&cm_sp=ProductSpotlight-_-26-104-281-_-01132011">http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... _-01132011</a><!-- m -->

Plantronics Gamecom
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826265066&Tpk=Plantronics">http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... lantronics</a><!-- m -->%u00ae%20GameCom%u00ae%20777
Thanks Jarbauq.
Is the Logitech G930 just as good as the G35 but wireless, or am I missing something?
One thing I didn't like about the idea of a headset was being wired to the computer, but a wireless headset would obviously help in that regard. Plus the G930 comes with an extending charging cable that allows you to charge while you're using it if need be.

So, is there any reason not to get the G930 instead? Or is it just the money difference that makes the G35 more popular?
Fretty
In my experience the wireless headsets arent as good but I have no clue if thats true or not as I have never owned one.
G15 is to keyboard
as Orsun is to:
a) dumbass
b) idiot
c) *ucktard
d) all of the above

Oh and I have the Plantronics Gamecom. Here's the problem I have. If I wear it around my neck and just use the mic (ie use my speakers for sound rather than the headphones) then people can hear me. If I wear it over my ears to use the headphones, the mic doesn't quite sit far enough infront of my mouth to pick up my voice and everyone says they can't hear me. It is also a pretty heavy head set, and my ears hurt after a longer gaming session. I've dropped this mic many many many times, so I think teh connection is a little loose - sometimes people can't make out what I'm saying at all. Of course that might be the scotch talking...
Gameless (for now)
Jarbauq Wrote:In my experience the wireless headsets arent as good but I have no clue if thats true or not as I have never owned one.

What is the reason you don't think they are as good? Sound quality? Latency?
Fretty
We had two guys in the guild who used them in WoW and it was always one thing or another that I remember I didnt care for them. Sound quality at times on our end then having to charge them or batteries running out.

Like I said I have never had one so I cant personally tell you why they arent good but from a standpoint of gaming I'm not a wireless fan. I want no lag, I dont want to have to worry about batteries and I forsure dont want to worry about having to charge the damn thing.

I'm very old school with certain things one being a headset. I'm a cord fan just have to tuck it under the keyboard and im golden same with my mouse. I have one of the nice logitech G9 mouses. I got a sick deal on it but if it broke I so would pay the money to get a new one. Its just a perfect mouse for me. Its got a nice tight wrapped cord but I just tuck that under my keyboard also and I never have to worry about it. Response to the click is a must when shooting someone in the face. Believe me if you could ask my keyboard how many times it has been punched in the face because the jump button didnt work you would be amazed or scared hahaha.
I have the Logitech G35 headset. It's great. By far the most comfortable headset I've had, and it's surround sound, and it's USB so there's only one thing to plug in (and if you want you can leave your speakers hooked to your sound card/motherboard and alternate between the two by telling Windows which to default to).

I can wear the G35s literally all day without any discomfort.

In fact, I recently sat on them and they are now being held together with duct tape. Big Grin I'll probably replace them with the same thing at some point. I can't imagine what a better set of headphones would be like.
Slamz Wrote:I have the Logitech G35 headset...... I can't imagine what a better set of headphones would be like.

They look like this..

[Image: Razer_Barracuda_HP-1.jpg]

Yeah, I'm biased, but I've been using this set for over 3 years now paired with their soundcard and they have been simply amazing. the direction sound is just great and almost unfair against rogues in stealth.

Matching soundcard....

[Image: Razer_Barracuda_AC-1_Sound_CardmmyStandard.jpg]
[Image: astro-gaming-a40-audio-system-20081218041139931-000.jpg]

Nuff said.
Patrick - 7X GM Dexxer (retired)
Zik the Elflord - 75 Elf BW Thief (retired, because the servers got taken down..)
Xyphos - 40 Swordmaster (retired)
WoW Toons - Three 120's, and Twenty Eight 100+'s
GW2 - The Xyphos Army
the price of these things is so absurd i could never rationalize or justify it.

I can accomplish the same thing with $35 with a good pair of headphones and a decent desktop-monitor mic.

Headphones I use are Koss UR-40's ($30 or less on Amazon) and they're the 2nd pair I've had. Before that I had 2 pairs of AWIA headphones that they discontinued but were essentially the same as these KOSS.

[Image: ur40-1.jpg]
[should not have shot the dolphin]
Oh my god Diggles you play with non-surround sound headphones? No 5.1? What is this, 1982? Why don't you just use Walkman ear buds! Maybe pay an illegal immigrant to follow you around in cRPG with a second monitor and a pair of coconuts he can clap together behind your head so you know where the horses are coming from!

No, really, though, I like the 5.1 headsets. They do make a difference in telling where things are. Not as good as physical surround-sound speakers but noticeably better than plain stereo. If you do have some money to burn, I would definitely get some sort of 5.1 surround sound setup as a gamer. There are some pretty decent surround sound speaker systems that are alright for gaming (you don't need the expensive stuff, like for TVs, because you don't need a receiver and you don't need that much wattage).

Once you go 5.1, you can't go back down to stereo. These days even plain on-board sound chips support 5.1 or 7.1. Just need something to plug into em. (Although the Logitech headset is USB so doesn't need a sound card at all.)