Particle Effects! aka I Can't See Shit
Just for the record, I really wish game makers would back way the hell off of particle effects. They seem to just keep getting bigger, brighter and more obnoxious as time goes by.

There are times where I literally have no idea what the fuck is going on in a battle because there's lights, leaves, vines, lightning bolts, red circles, blue circles and other forms of bullshit everywhere.

There is something to be said for having a visual effect that lets you know when someone is doing something important. They cast a heal spell and a beam of light comes down on the target or something. Fine. But we don't need every single mundane sword swing and direct damage attack to look like a combination 4th of July and rave party. I understand that the wizard has thrown a fireball. Good for him. He doesn't need to explode mini-fireballs from his hands, erupt rings of fire from his head in addition to hurling the fireball and then have the target explode in a dazzling array of sparks and red circles.

Actually it's not terrible when one guy does that.

It's terrible when 10 people do that and various other attacks and now, instead of information about what attacks are happening, you literally just can't tell what's happening anymore, or even see your own character.

Prioritize your particle effects system to show important information and keep the basic attacks simple.
Yes, some particle effects are over the top like a warrior does not need ANY.
But a toggle or slide bar in the user interface is necessary.
Kakarat Keys ~ Thief ~ Guild Wars 2
Kakarat ~ Shaman ~ WoW ~
Kakarat ~ Witch Hunter ~ WAR:AoR
Riona ~ Knight of the Blazing Sun ~ WAR:AoR
Kakarat ~ Swashbuckler ~ EQ2 ~ Venekor
Eef Eigten[F-18]~ 60 Aracoix Rogue ~ Shadowbane
Kakarat ~ 60 Ogre Warrior ~ EQ ~ VZ
Amen. Aion pissed me off with that (and other things too). Hell even EQ1 with full particles on was rediculous - it was enough to cause some major 'Nam fashbacks, I'm sure.
Gameless (for now)