Phase 4 investors.....
Good perspective on the herd trading mentality out there. I see this too. There is still allot of money on the side. It will be interesting to see what the next year looks like. I still say flatish, and that we are near the top of teh channel right now.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.thestreet.com/story/11013620/1/beware-the-phase-4-investor-stampede.html">http://www.thestreet.com/story/11013620 ... mpede.html</a><!-- m -->
Maul, the Bashing Shamie

"If you want to change the world, be that change."
--Gandhi

[Image: maull2.gif]
I'll take the opposite side of that - I say the market is up 20+% by year end.

I do thing there is some "irrational exhuberance" in certain stocks, but that's always the case. Maybe Netflix will be $400 next year, and maybe it will be $100. Difficult to know with a stock like that. But I think if you invest in good solid names like Apple, Microsoft, Intel, IBM, CAT, etc, you will do well.

I have a mixture - I'm in AAPL, MSFT, INTC, HAS, etc, but I also have bets in FFIV, RBCN, POT and AMZN. They are all options, so if it doesn't play out no big deal. But I suspect all four of those somewhat frothy stocks will be a lot higher by year end. POT is already up 20% YTD. RBCN is up 15% today alone...
Ex SWG, L2, CoH, Wow, and War
Currently PvPing in the stock market
Hey interesting to look back on this stuff. On February 17th 2011 I said the market would be bouncy but close flat. The Dow was 12,318. Today its 12,319. I guess I missed Smile

On the other hand Grieve.... 20%... Smile
Maul, the Bashing Shamie

"If you want to change the world, be that change."
--Gandhi

[Image: maull2.gif]
Ahem, yes, I might have been a bit off on that one. :oops: And most of those individual names, except Apple (which luckily I put most of my money into.

And hey, the market still has 3 more days to finish up 20%... Wink
Ex SWG, L2, CoH, Wow, and War
Currently PvPing in the stock market