Officers vs Raid Leaders: the Purge concept
In most guilds, people who lead raids are the officers and guild leaders.

In The Purge, officers and guild leaders are administrators. Administrators are there to moderate chat, conduct invites, boot people, setup permissions and generally do paperwork. They may also lead raids but they don't have to and most don't. I often say that being promoted to officer in The Purge is the greatest penalty I can invoke. Officers have to deal with drama and the tedious chores of guild maintenance.

"Raid Leaders" within The Purge do not have to be officers, or vice versa. A raid leader who is not an officer is free to organize raids, set the rules for the raid and make sure people abide by those rules. (For example, if you want to organize the "I Get All Loot" raid event, you are welcome to try! The only thing you can't mandate is participation...) Raid Leaders of this nature don't get to do guild invites or boot people from the guild but they also don't have to do paperwork or deal with any drama or guild maintenance outside of their own raid. If there's a problem during a raid, the raid leader has the authority to boot someone from the raid, and guild officers will likely end up settling the dispute from there.

If you don't like the way a raid leader conducts his raids, the best solution is just to stop attending their raids and maybe conduct your own.

Any member can become a raid leader just by organizing raids. It's not really a rank so much as a thing you just start doing. (In some games, a raid leader may have some special privileges like the ability to change the message of the day or put things on the in-game calender, etc, but otherwise they are just a regular member who likes to organize events.)

Any member agreeing to be an officer is an administrator/moderator/therapist and will be expected to help in those functions. Generally the officers are people I have personally been gaming with for a long time.