Program question
Any of you ever hear of a program that will take a collection of folders and take all of the contents and dump it into one folder? I convert a large amount of books and it takes me ages opening every effen folder to get at the Epubs. Anyone?
Gunldesnapper Krewe GW2
AT1 (AW) Fritsch <retired> USN
The half man!
I wanted to do this with my mp3s at one point, I think theres a folder for it but another quick way to do it is just use the windows find/search command and search for *. (whatever the book file is) and it will spit out a list of everything that you can just drag into a folder of your choice.
What i have is one folder full of other folders (folders by author) each has a epub, i want to pull EVERY single object out of these folders at once so i can sort by file type and grab what i need. ive been doing it the slow way, just hoping i was missing something.
Gunldesnapper Krewe GW2
The half man!
are all the epub;s the same extension? If so you can do a search in windows explorer for a wild card *.epub or what ever the 3 letter extension is and it will show you everything in all folders with that extension. Then you can sort the results by clicking on column.

After the search is complete, you can then drag the search criteria to your desktop and create a short cut of the search. The second time you click the short cut the search will be faster because it seems to index the results.

Are you running xp? or windows 7?
Maul, the Bashing Shamie

"If you want to change the world, be that change."
--Gandhi

[Image: maull2.gif]
That didnt work out lol, i have over 5000 books
Gunldesnapper Krewe GW2
The half man!