Molten Core - Some Strategy
Raduk and I talked after the raid for a bit, and I was asked to list out some of the basic strategy that can make things a bit easier for the raid.

Let me start out by saying that the run last night went very good from my experience. You had a good split of all the classes, and people listened well. I'm very impressed. Now, lets get on to the good stuff:

[EDIT 1] - Added Imps.

Player Gear
-------------
I inspected a lot of people last night. Some had some pretty decent gear on, and some are wearing a lot of greens. The greens aren't half bad, but you could have a lot more DPS with just a couple hours a week spent in certain instances.
For Warriors and Hunters, I REALLY suggest visiting Dire Maul North and West. The drop rates for a Tribute Run and farming the treeant boss in West are above 25% for some sweet items, and even though they are not set drops, in many cases they are much better. THey also all include 1% crit on them. You will notice my hunter has 26% crit which let me hit #2 in DPS last night. In top MC raids, a hunter cant even get CLOSE to the DPS of mages and rogues, so 1-2 more blues woudl really help you out a lot I think. I also want to say that I know you are PvP focused, so I dont want to make this seem like a requirement or anything. DM runs can be fun, so dont fret.
For cloth, focus on UBRS/LBRS raids (to save time) and a few baron runs. All of those instances can be raided in an hour and you can end up with a good upgrade every 1-2 runs. In most cases, you can have solid 60 gear in 8 hours of play time.

Player Stats
--------------
Mages/Warlocks - I can't stress this enough: You need stamina. The best PvE casters have Stamina/Intellect split and run with over 4800 stamina buffed. This makes a huge difference to your survivability. Dont worry about spirit too much for instances. Remember that its ok to have a PvP and PvE set Wink
The reason thsi stamina is important is not just for the occasional agro you get, but also against the Imps explained later.

Rogues - Stamina + Crit or Agi gear is your friend. Most rogues have 2500-2700 HP at 60 if they are pure PvP, but this REALLY hurts your healers when you go in to an instance. DPS competitions in instances are a joke, and dont focus on that PLEASE. Just do your part and stay alive longer. That way when a healer needs mana to keep the tanks alive, they have it. Also, if you do not PvP too much, think about a solid combat spec. It gives you a nice DPS boost for MC/Onyxia.

Tanks - Defence. Most warriors when asked what their Defence is, say somehting around 7500. Thats your armor class or AC. Defence is a skill that provides an increased chance to block/parry an attack. The higher it is, the more chance you have to survive an attack. Those of you that are Def spec'd also have Last Stand, which can save a raid group if you can use it against a boss like Luci. Anyway, for warriors I suggest focusing on Defence instead of AC. Higher Defence is worth more. A warrior with 6500 armor and 8500 armor only has a 5% difference in damage resistance. For example, with Luci doing a 2000dmg hit, that is only 100 more damage taken. However, if the 6500 armor Warrior has 50 more defence, he will, overall, resist more than 2500 damage over the course of a 5 min battle. This has ZERO bearing on yoru talent build, so dont fret if you are Fury/Arms spec'd. You can simply grab some Def gear from the 60 instances like UBRS/Scholo/Strath/DM and bring it with you just when you do MC.
Stamina/Strength should be your focus for instances. Fury spec'd guys, i know you love your crit builds, but it doesnt help in keeping you and the raid alive. You are the center point of the group, and if you fall, so do we.

Hunters - Agi/Stamina (repetitive isnt it?). You are the backup DPS for rogues and mages. You are incredibly important as your DPS doesnt drop after 60 seconds when the other classes run out of mana. Remember to pickup so crit items from DM, they will put your dps from 180-260. Trust me Wink

Druids/Shaman - It purely depends on what your role is. If you are off-tanking, go for str/stam build. If you are healer/caster, go for int/spirit. You have a naturally higher stam than most and lots of survivability, so stamina isnt that important as a caster for you.

Priest - Intellect/Spirit. Although druids hav e some great healing abilities and can innervate themselves, Priest's healing spells cost a tad less due to talents. This makes you the second most important player in the raid. One, very commonly used gear strategy, is to go for +mana items instead of high intellect. The reason, is that with the right gear, you can get over 250 mana a tick, which equates to almost a full heal every 5 seconds.

Extra Items
-------------

Admiral's Hat - It's funky but stylish Wink It is a cloth hat with +20 stamina, but you dont wear it for its stats. It has a unique ability to buff any player for +20 stamina AND the buff stacks with PW:F. This is incredibly useful for Tanks. If 5-10 players have it made for them from a tailor, you can just buff before everyone boss fight and do a lot better.

Fire/Shadow Prot Pots - Helps every class against Luci and other bosses. Makes those curses not hurt quite so bad.

Elixir of the Mongoose - Every hunter and rogue should use this. Warriors can if they want although they will not gain quite as much. +25 agi and +2% to crit goes a LONG way.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

General MC Strategy
-------------------
1. Tanks should always be allowed to gain agro on a mob for at least 30 seconds (except on Surgers).
2. All party hold off on any DPS until Tanks say they are ready.
3. All party except for Warlocks should hold off on using de-buffs/curses/poisons/stings/etc. Each mob can only have 15 debuffs on them at once, and therefore you dont want to take up one of those 15 slots with a poor one.
4. Warriors must be allowed to use Sunder Armor on the mobs when building agro. This helps, although not much, but it can help increase DPS a tad which keeps the agro on them.
5. Warriors should set a taunt rotation. Make an order and rotate through. Having 5 warriors hit taunt at once is useless in 6 seconds, and then half the mages are dead.
6. One Shaman should have Mana Tide Totem. This Shaman, and 4 healers should be in the same group (since Mana Tide only works in a party). This gives thousands of extra mana to the healers. When you reach a boss, swap the healers for mages. that way then have a neverending supply of mana for debuffing magic curses (for example, from Lucifron).
7. There are two choices in how to pull. Some very successful groups use hunter pullers instead of MT. The reason, is that if MT pulls, he cannot use charge, and therefore cannot get the additional rage to cast a quick taunt or sunder. If you use a hunter puller, he can run out of the way, and while the mob is coming, the MT charges. This takes some practice witha good hunter and a superb warrior.
The other, more simple strategy, is just to simply shoot the mob from a distance, tank him, and hope no mages/rogues do DPS before you are ready to release. Remember that healers will get agro from mobs simply for doing their job.

Giant Strategy
----------------
Create 1 group. Healer, tank, shaman, Warlock w/ Imp & backup tank.
Have a hunter mark a giant, and the MT w/ at least 2 warriors goes for the Giant. Charge is ok for the 2 other warriors as long as MT has Taunted.
The group listed at the top tank the NON marked giant. They simply control the mob till the entire rest of the raid group finishes the marked Giant. Then they switch since agro has been established.
Any troubles? Druids shapeshift, taunt, wait for warrior taunt, shape shift out. This should ONLY be required if an extra mob comes in such as a Lava Dog or some freak accident.

Lava Spawns, etc
--------------------
Simple strategy.
MT in, followed by the rest of the warriors in charge. Build up agro.
Rest of group focuses on mob until Spawns pop. Macro tells the group to attack spawn, then kill spawn. Then refocus, rinse repeat.

Surgers
---------
You cant MT a surger. Don't even try. Their entire purpose in life, from Blizzard's own testimonial, is to hit everyone in a completely random fashion. They do not attack a DPS doer. They do not attack anything based on agro or threat. The easiest and quickest strategy is to simply shoot or charge him (based on which one you are on), and have everyone huddle around him. Get VERY close, (yes, even cloth) and make a ball. It keeps him in one place, and everyone gets to do DPS without him running out of range and knocking a group over. It is very effective, and you can kill them in under 30 seconds (15 seconds if well geared).

Fire Dogs
-----------
REALLY simple. All rogues and warriors stand on the OTHER side of the dog, so he spins away from the crowd. Then, simply keep his agro for 30 seconds, and have everyone else join in.

Fire Dog Packs
-----------------
This may sound complicated, but it really isnt.
All you do is setup the raid groups 1->5 with an MT, rogue, healer, mage and lock/hunter. Each party tanks a dog. Mark these before the party in a clockwise manner to make it easy. The other 3 groups are control. They simply tab through the dogs every 10 seconds to whichever one is the highest in HP. This makes it SO easy, that if done right all dogs hit 20% HP within 3 seconds of eachother. When the dogs are all @ 20%, all mages, hunters and warlocks AE at the same time. This causes a completely no stress situation with no failures. It just takes an extra 5 minutes to do it the first and second time, so everyone knows their role. Afterwards, you can do it in 15 seconds of prep.
Another great strat here is to have an 6th warrior on patrol for dead MTs or free running dogs. He simply taunts the ones not under the influence of a toxic taunt.

Imps
------
You do not have to fight the first set of imps, just the second. The second set of imps can be easily cleared without losing anyone if done properly.
First, each mage and warlock needs to be shielded by a priest. Do it quickly. At that exact second, each of the mages, warriors and warlocks sprintsin to the room. The warriors each hit their AE Taunt, while the casters use their zero-range AE. The healers focus purely on the casters and tanks, while the rest of the raid fills in on DPS.

Lucifron
---------
There is a simple layout to the encounter. There is a sunken cave, and a large opening in to Magmadar's cave. At the right of the opening, there are a set of smaller spires.

Lucifron needs to be pulled in a specific way, so that he doesn't get in the way of killing the gaurds. To minimize impact from his curses/magic debuffs, he should be pulled as follows:

Make an MT group. 2 MTs, 2 healers, 1 mage. At least one of the healers MUST be a druid and have some decent Stamina gear.
The MT + 2 hunters walk to the cave entrance. Each hunter selects a gaurd and turns on Aspect of the Cheetah. The hunters pull both the gaurds and the warrior gets ready to intercept Lucifron. The hunters when shooting the gaurds turn around and run down in to the cavern all the way till they hit the bottom wall. The Warrior either uses charge OR a simple taunt based on their skill and placement. The warrior must intercept Luci BEFORE she moves past the spires. The best possible outcome is that the warrior has her while she is still inside the cave, hits taunt, and slowly walks backwards towards the right wall, in FRONT (towards magmadar and the other dogs) of the spires.

Once there, if EVERYONE is on the back wall of the cavern below, Lucifron's curses and magic spells will NOT hit ANY other party members. This means that the mage and healers in the MT group can purely focus on their 5 man group and keeping Luci under control.

One shaman using mana tide should be in a group with mages. He will keep their mana full, and help them with Debuff. At least 3-4 mages shoudl be given the assignment to simply cure debuffs. Thats it. Killing Luci is easy if no one is taking gross damage from her spells.

At least 1 hunter should be casting Venom Sting on Luci the entire battle.
At 30%, the hunter can have her at 0 mana and this makes the rest of the fight easy.

All Warlocks should cast Shadow resistance on healer classes.

As the gaurds come down, one of the gaurds should be marked. A seperate MT group tanks the other gaurd. This puts roughly 30 people on the marked gaurd to kill her. Then, everyone moves to gaurd 2.

The trick to the entire encounter is to keep Luciron up top, and keep everyone straddling the wall to the bottom. If dont correctly, all totems, pets, etc should be on that wall, and no one will take excess damage or die. The gaurds die quick to 30 people doing DPS. Hunters, you are the only class that is gimped during the gaurd battle. Try to get ranged on the wall, but if you cant, just go melee/Monkey/Deterrence and you will be fine.

When the gaurds are done, everyone go to Lucifron. Keep her where she stands in front of the spires and just go nuts. Hunters/Mages/Druids/Priest with range increasing talents should stand at least 45 yards. Her range on the curses is 40 yards so you get my point Wink

Rogues, hate to tell ya, but you are the last concern for healers in this encounter. You do a LOT of DPS, but being so close, you will die in seconds. Healers should conserve mana for ranged DPS and tanking classes.

All healers should run Mana Conserve and Decursive mods. They prevent 5 healers from casting a heal on the same person and wasting mana. Ask around in the guild if you dont have them.

At least 1 shaman needs to drop a Grace of Air totem at the hunters inthe back AND 1 GoA at the front w/ the rogues. We have calculated the DPS boost, and it equates to over 15k extra damage on Lucifron. The rest of the totems are up to you. However, try to focus on totems that heal/buff players vs ones that build agro or do damage. Their effect is so little, it really isnt worth it.

As a recap on debuff/curse strategy, leave the warriors to use Sunder Armor, and the Warlocks to cast their curses. Warlock curses do WAY more damage than any other class (other than PWTongueAIN).

Priests. Heal until 20% HP on Lucifron. When she hits 20%, 1 Priest should be casting PWTongue. Early in our encounters, we had situations where only 1 healer, tank, shadow priest and a couple hunters were alive and they finished her off because PWTongue is just ridiculously powerful. Assign this role before the encounter to avoid confusion.

Raid Management
---------------------
No more than one person should be leading the raid at the same time. Switching leadership for certain encounters is fine, but having multiple people talking and giving orders gets really confusing and frustrates people.
Macros are your friend. MT should have a macro set up for every job, such as when they are pulling, when others should attack the mob, when they are taunting, etc.

Anyway, this is what 99% of the successful MC guilds do. Its flawless and fast. You can start MC and get to Magmadar (after Lucifron) in under an hour with this strat and only stop for one 5 minute AFK. It takes just a tad of focus the first time, and then you will be a pro.

Ask any questions you have. I know I haven't covered everything, but this is the basic of the first encounter. I can list of the Magmadar strategy after we do him next Wink

Have great night, I'm going to bed!
Great input, thanks.

As a warlock with a mix of Green/Blue/Purple (mostly green) I agree with the gear ideas, but be aware that we do try to make these runs and have many people who want to do Instances other then MC. Now that we have some new people joining, like yourself, maybe these 1-2 hour runs will become more frequent...

Stamina...for me I am ALL Stamina...with Imp out and grouped, I had almost 5100 HP/4000 Mana last night which is very common for me and my gear setup and which I think is pretty strong. As a cloth wearer, I usually do not run out of mana, and if I die, it's not usually quick (but I'm still a cloth wearer...8-( so I have to agree with this as well).

Most of the other things seem correct, but I've done MC 3 times, and we are getting better, but time will also make a big difference, so as long as we continue to improve and learn....WOOT

One personal note. All Warlocks need to put thier pets on PASSIVE!!! I saw several Imp bolts shoot out well before Zeeroh called for us to assist. I also use the mod that makes my pet assist automatically, but in this type of run, our pets can really screw up agro (just like totems can). The only reason I have Imp out, at least up to the point we have gotten to (Lucy) is for the Stam buff, otherwise I'd be leaving it at home until it's really needed....