The Purge

PvP for People Who Aren't Asshats
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: WWII Online
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:33 pm 

So they are gearing up to release WWII Online early access on Steam this summer.

Any interest in giving this game a whirl again if there might be a surge in population?

It looks like they have Free 2 Play option where you are limited to Rifle and Trucks which might not be bad just to dabble a bit to see if it's worth going back to (there is a 2 week unlimited before F2P locks down from what I can tell assuming you can rank up enough in that time for it to even matter). Existing accounts are not eligible for the F2P option as this was set up just for the Steam release and is incompatible with any of the old Playnet accounts. I haven't re-subbed my old account to see if my old rank and everything else is still there (I would assume it is).

So I did create a new F2P account and popped in just to poke around. While there are some new pieces of equipment and some quality of life enhancements for the most part the UI & Graphics appear to be the same (unless you played before ragdoll physics that is new). I still managed to crawl down a hedge row and get popped by someone I didn't see.

I'm not sure how interested I am in $14.99 / mo subscription for full equipment unlock but if Naval Action goes back on hiatus and there isn't anything else out there people want to play, just a thought. I don't have any active subscriptions currently (recently killed my PS2 subscription since no one has played much of that lately) so it would be "in the budget" so to speak if it comes to that.

Naval Action: Arsilon - Spain (PVP1), France (PVP2)
EQII: Arsilon - Wizard, Thalena - Fury, Ulrok - Berserker, Valience - Dirge, Ashlyn - Ranger
Elder Scrolls Online: Thalena - Templar, Arsilon - Dragonknight
GW2: Thalena - Elementalist
Rift: Arsilonne - Warrior, Arathon - Mage, Valience - Cleric, Arrienne - Rogue
Aion: Thalena, Arsilon
APB: Arsilon - Enforcer, Thalena - Criminal
EVE: Arsilon
Global Agenda: Thalena
POTBS: [British] Arsilon Gunn, Thalena Biggs, Amazing Mumford
Star Trek Online: Ar'silon - Klingon, Thalena - Federation
WAR: Arsilon, Valience, Thalena
WW2OL: Arsilon

Post subject: Re: WWII Online
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:57 pm 

uhh...you're talking about a 16 year old FPS game, that I think maybe 3 of you found entertaining. You've gone off the deep end.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:04 pm 

Speaking of World War 2, we need to update the Purge Mod for HoI 4. Zan said he would look into it on Tuesday.

HE CAN BOWL, HE CAN DRINK, HE CAN DRINK SOME MORE, ALA-BA-MA-MAN!
When wife asks him where he's been, just use the action button and Alabama Man busts her lip open!
"Shut up, Bitch!"
"Wow!"
BEATS HIS WIFE AND SLEEPS IT OFF, A-LA-BA-MA MAN!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:36 am 

I've thought about it. I played a bit when the new battlefield mechanics were added, US troops, and the bazooka/shrieks were added. I still enjoyed it. The expense for it is tough to rationalize now though.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:41 am 

Screwing around with Rifleman can still be fun which requires $0.

BUT (and this is a big but) it really would only be fun if several people did it. Wandering solo w/ a Rifleman isn't all that exciting.

Even then I only bring it up under scenario where they get a big influx of new players when they officially get it on Steam Early Access (which I also find a bit ironic since the game has been around as long as it has).

I'd have to see what the intermediate tier subscription (I think it $8 per month) offers vs the full $15. But yeah, not sure its worth the $$ unless there literally is nothing else going on that people are interested in.

Naval Action: Arsilon - Spain (PVP1), France (PVP2)
EQII: Arsilon - Wizard, Thalena - Fury, Ulrok - Berserker, Valience - Dirge, Ashlyn - Ranger
Elder Scrolls Online: Thalena - Templar, Arsilon - Dragonknight
GW2: Thalena - Elementalist
Rift: Arsilonne - Warrior, Arathon - Mage, Valience - Cleric, Arrienne - Rogue
Aion: Thalena, Arsilon
APB: Arsilon - Enforcer, Thalena - Criminal
EVE: Arsilon
Global Agenda: Thalena
POTBS: [British] Arsilon Gunn, Thalena Biggs, Amazing Mumford
Star Trek Online: Ar'silon - Klingon, Thalena - Federation
WAR: Arsilon, Valience, Thalena
WW2OL: Arsilon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:53 am 

Rifleman are super useful and action packed but you need to be part of a larger group to be more effective. I thought the Stuka, C110, and early 109 were available too? Planes tend to be more single player friendly and fun but are super tough (especially if the old allied aces are around). Tanks and scout cars are doable too but require patience and time. Same with ATs.

I wish they'd just revamp that game to a newer version.

PS. If NA does slow down, I'll probably play a little Conan Exiles. The new patch comes out tomorrow for the alpha.