The Purge

PvP for People Who Aren't Asshats
It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 680 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:35 pm 

Jakensama wrote:
Not sure why everyone online is sure he is going to die. GRRM is not going to end it with all the 'good guys' alive and all the 'bad guys' dead. Would be perfectly fitting for him to be in a winning position at the end.

Not seeing the big picture? He's like the only guy who has come out on top consistently throughout the whole series.

Yep, even after completely fucking up with Sansa marrying her off to Ramsey, he gets back in good graces with her(kinda) in the battle against Ramsey. He has control over sweet Robin and the Vale as well.

He may die... but I don't think it's a given that he is going to.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:38 am 
Officer

I think he's going to die, but its going to be Varis after LF tries to worm his way in with Dany.

My Music

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:44 am 
Officer

Jakensama wrote:
Not seeing the big picture? He's like the only guy who has come out on top consistently throughout the whole series.

Early on but in the show lately he has one failure after another. The Sansa thing blew up in his face. He really had no clue about Ramsey and that backfired on him. I am with Orsun. He is going to get his.

I disagree on the GRRM thing.

I think it would be more GRRM if they win the White Walker battle but no one is left around to enjoy the victory. I think Strife's comments above is totally dead on in some respects about the Hound. You can do all the planning you want but in the end you can't control the random nature of things. Tyrion's bug speech covers this very topic.

Littlefinger is the very kind of guy that GRRM will kill.

Littlefinger is the guy climbing 10 steps of a ladder to get to the top. After years of scheming when he is on the 9th step and just about to reach number 10 a Wile Coyote Anvil drops on his head. THAT is GRRM.

GRRM breaks all the molds between good and evil and he kills the confidence of people rooting not only for the good guy but also for those people rooting for the bad guy. GRRM will break Jake's heart with the death of Littlefinger in exactly the same way he breaks other peoples hearts by killing off the good guys.

It is what he does. GRRM IS cousin Orson (hmm, I just got that) smashing beetles.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:33 am 

I seem to remember that Targaryens had a tendency to marry their close relatives.... maybe Jon and Dany to cement Westeros against the Army of Wights?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:01 pm 
Officer

Since we are close to Season 7 I guess I will revive the longest thread on the board.

I have been re-watching the previous 6 seasons getting ready for the July release and I have to say after reading all my previous post and binge watching the entire series I have a different take on each season then I did when I watched it live.

I read my old thoughts and I disagree with this Vllad guy now.

Seasons 1-3 while entertaining is kind of irritating to watch the Starks bumble their way into death. I really enjoy 4 through 6 much more once you see all the shows back to back. I complained about the speed of the show previously but I really think they did a much better job once I went back and saw them again.

This show is much better watching it binged then once a week.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 680 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28