The Purge

PvP for People Who Aren't Asshats
It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 707 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:35 pm 

Jakensama wrote:
Not sure why everyone online is sure he is going to die. GRRM is not going to end it with all the 'good guys' alive and all the 'bad guys' dead. Would be perfectly fitting for him to be in a winning position at the end.

Not seeing the big picture? He's like the only guy who has come out on top consistently throughout the whole series.

Yep, even after completely fucking up with Sansa marrying her off to Ramsey, he gets back in good graces with her(kinda) in the battle against Ramsey. He has control over sweet Robin and the Vale as well.

He may die... but I don't think it's a given that he is going to.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:38 am 
Officer

I think he's going to die, but its going to be Varis after LF tries to worm his way in with Dany.

My Music

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:44 am 
Officer

Jakensama wrote:
Not seeing the big picture? He's like the only guy who has come out on top consistently throughout the whole series.

Early on but in the show lately he has one failure after another. The Sansa thing blew up in his face. He really had no clue about Ramsey and that backfired on him. I am with Orsun. He is going to get his.

I disagree on the GRRM thing.

I think it would be more GRRM if they win the White Walker battle but no one is left around to enjoy the victory. I think Strife's comments above is totally dead on in some respects about the Hound. You can do all the planning you want but in the end you can't control the random nature of things. Tyrion's bug speech covers this very topic.

Littlefinger is the very kind of guy that GRRM will kill.

Littlefinger is the guy climbing 10 steps of a ladder to get to the top. After years of scheming when he is on the 9th step and just about to reach number 10 a Wile Coyote Anvil drops on his head. THAT is GRRM.

GRRM breaks all the molds between good and evil and he kills the confidence of people rooting not only for the good guy but also for those people rooting for the bad guy. GRRM will break Jake's heart with the death of Littlefinger in exactly the same way he breaks other peoples hearts by killing off the good guys.

It is what he does. GRRM IS cousin Orson (hmm, I just got that) smashing beetles.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:33 am 

I seem to remember that Targaryens had a tendency to marry their close relatives.... maybe Jon and Dany to cement Westeros against the Army of Wights?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:01 pm 
Officer

Since we are close to Season 7 I guess I will revive the longest thread on the board.

I have been re-watching the previous 6 seasons getting ready for the July release and I have to say after reading all my previous post and binge watching the entire series I have a different take on each season then I did when I watched it live.

I read my old thoughts and I disagree with this Vllad guy now.

Seasons 1-3 while entertaining is kind of irritating to watch the Starks bumble their way into death. I really enjoy 4 through 6 much more once you see all the shows back to back. I complained about the speed of the show previously but I really think they did a much better job once I went back and saw them again.

This show is much better watching it binged then once a week.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:55 pm 

Cleganebowl

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:49 pm 

Adimenti wrote:
Cleganebowl

Maybe!

I'm rewatching the entire series. It's amazing how enjoyable this show still is the 2nd (3rd/4th) time. Stuff makes a lot more sense the 2nd time around.

One question I'm not sure about...

Back when Tywin is in Harrenhall and Arya is his cup bearer, when Littlefinger comes and sees Tywin and Arya is giving him wine... I'm trying to decide whether or not Littlefinger recognized her enough to know who she was. I'm thinking he thought she looked familiar only, but didn't recognize her enough to actually know who she was. But, I'm not 100% convinced.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:15 am 
Officer

Strife wrote:

Back when Tywin is in Harrenhall and Arya is his cup bearer, when Littlefinger comes and sees Tywin and Arya is giving him wine... I'm trying to decide whether or not Littlefinger recognized her enough to know who she was. I'm thinking he thought she looked familiar only, but didn't recognize her enough to actually know who she was. But, I'm not 100% convinced.

I always took it as she looked familiar but he didn't know who she was directly. Otherwise Littlefinger would have used her for something. Littlefinger has been bungling in recent years but there is no way he would pass up that opportunity.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:12 am 
Officer

Winter has come to the Frey's.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:18 pm 

Yep.

That to me wasn't a great episode, but it set up a ton of shit to happen, so I guess it fulfilled it's intended purpose.

I'm not sure how much I like how OP they are making Arya... I'm curious if the faceless men come and track her down and kill her eventually. Why would they just let her leave with no repercussions?

Sucks to be Samwell. His job right now sucks ass!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:58 pm 

Because they know she is doing things that they want. Namely murdering dicks in Westeros. The Iron Bank of Bravos still has a fuck ton of money owed to them by the Crown of Westeros. Sansa is gonna kill Cerci so the Iron Bank won't get there money but they will get payed in blood.

That and the Faceless Men kinda work with/for/allies/respect? the Lord of Light so they may have seen something in the fires regarding her. Granted after she has murdered everyone in Westeros they may decide to kill her or invite her back in the fold. Who knows.

Granted once a girl has truly becomes No One then it won't matter if she lives or dies. The only reason the girl matters is because the girl is still Arya Stark.

HE CAN BOWL, HE CAN DRINK, HE CAN DRINK SOME MORE, ALA-BA-MA-MAN!
When wife asks him where he's been, just use the action button and Alabama Man busts her lip open!
"Shut up, Bitch!"
"Wow!"
BEATS HIS WIFE AND SLEEPS IT OFF, A-LA-BA-MA MAN!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:52 am 

Hot Pie on the Iron Throne.. book it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:15 am 
Officer

Jakensama wrote:
Hot Pie on the Iron Throne.. book it.

Your boy LittleFinger looks to have over played his hand.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:45 am 

I'm kind of not liking Daenerys this season, although I do like that she's not being a total bitch to Jon... so maybe she'll come around.

This was a pretty crazy episode, basically Cersei is looking golden right now... I'm thinking they are lifting her up though for an epic fall later in the season. Euron is quickly becoming one of my favorite characters. He's such an asshole.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:35 am 
Officer

Strife wrote:
I'm kind of not liking Daenerys this season, although I do like that she's not being a total bitch to Jon... so maybe she'll come around.

Is it possible that Danny is not the good guy? She seems to me to be closer to her father than she is someone like Jon. Even the Mad King didn't start out mad. Danny is rather ruthless and quite frankly without Tyrion may have already burned a few more people.

I am not saying she is Cersei but Danny is still young. She has always been dangerously close to going overboard. Jorah, Tyrion and Selmy have always kept her tempered but when she gets desperate how long before she goes full blown bat shit crazy?

For me personally you could see a couple of seasons ago that she can't be trusted to rule in my opinion. She is more like her brother every season. I think it is entirely possible she could become a ruthless killer every day she comes to believe more and more that the crown is her birth right.

She act more like her brother every season that passes.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:17 pm 

This is why they need an autonomous collective.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

When wife asks him where he's been, just use the action button and Alabama Man busts her lip open!
"Shut up, Bitch!"
"Wow!"

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:30 pm 

Vllad wrote:
Strife wrote:

Is it possible that Danny is not the good guy? She seems to me to be closer to her father than she is someone like Jon. Even the Mad King didn't start out mad. Danny is rather ruthless and quite frankly without Tyrion may have already burned a few more people.

I am not saying she is Cersei but Danny is still young. She has always been dangerously close to going overboard. Jorah, Tyrion and Selmy have always kept her tempered but when she gets desperate how long before she goes full blown bat shit crazy?

For me personally you could see a couple of seasons ago that she can't be trusted to rule in my opinion. She is more like her brother every season. I think it is entirely possible she could become a ruthless killer every day she comes to believe more and more that the crown is her birth right.

She act more like her brother every season that passes.

I think she'll end up still being the good guy, I just think she's learning that you can't be nice to everyone because they will fuck you over(the witch for example).

I think the way it's going right now is leaning towards her and Jon being married. The end of season 6 with her leaving Daario in the east was pointing towards her gaining an ally through marriage... what other ally could she gain right now through marriage? Jon's pretty much top of the list and there's really no close 2nd(although, maybe he's too close to the top of the list for it to actually happen).

I know the whole Jon + Dany marriage thing has long been a fan theory... but it kind of looks like it may pan out that way. Really it would be a win/win for both of them. Jon basically can't bend the knee because the north would go ape shit. Dany can't really just let Jon go being that he's in "Open revolt" against her by not bending the knee... But if they were to be married... it would solve both of those problems. Jon wouldn't have to bend the knee, and Dany would gain him as an ally.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:57 pm 

Holy shit, that was an episode. I think one of the best in a long time. I hated the ending though, fucking cliffhangers...

Arya is now a badass, but I still think Brienne would beat her in a real battle.

I am still not sure if Jon and Dany are going to end up getting married... I think they are teasing it, but not sure if it's just a tease or not.

The battle was freaking awesome, although I think that someone with a brain could more effectively use the dragons. Funny how the one thing that could hurt the dragon was the one thing that wasn't burnt.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:38 pm 
Officer

That was a great episode.

With all this investment with all the characters there I don't recall ever watching a battle scene where you could possibly root for both sides. The outcome was already determined I suppose very much like Hardhome was when the dragon showed up.

I really thought Bronn or Jamie was dying. I guess that may do it for the Lannister army.

Littlefinger I think knows he is in deep shit. Bran knows his secrets and Arya seems to scare him. That can't end well for him.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:25 pm 

Arya should scare anyone with half of a brain after they see half of what she can do.

As for Bran, Bran is no longer Bran. Bran died in the cave with Hodor. This episode helped to hammer that home.

The battle was epic. During the battle I was cheering for Bronn. I was always cheer for Bronn. It is sad that he lost all of that gold though. Maybe Jamie can give him a hand to make up for it.

"Shut up, Bitch!"
"Wow!"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:42 pm 

Granted the Lannisters were fucked in the battle to begin with. They were spread too thin and they didn't have full spears/pikes. You can't defend versus cavalry when you are only 4 men deep and you don't have full spears that you can brace against the ground. When they heard that Daenrys had the Dothroki, they should have made sure that they had full pikes/spears with them at all times.

"Shut up, Bitch!"
"Wow!"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:52 pm 

Vllad wrote:
That was a great episode.

With all this investment with all the characters there I don't recall ever watching a battle scene where you could possibly root for both sides. The outcome was already determined I suppose very much like Hardhome was when the dragon showed up.
Yep, didn't care who won, although I didn't want them to kill a dragon(not sure why).

Quote:
I really thought Bronn or Jamie was dying. I guess that may do it for the Lannister army.
Yea, I thought Bronn was gone... and he may be soon. I assume him and Jaime are going to be captured, and what use does Dany have for Bronn?

Quote:
Littlefinger I think knows he is in deep shit. Bran knows his secrets and Arya seems to scare him. That can't end well for him.
Curious to see what scheme he comes up with... shit's going to go down related to him eventually.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:53 am 

Strife wrote:
Quote:
Yea, I thought Bronn was gone... and he may be soon. I assume him and Jaime are going to be captured, and what use does Dany have for Bronn?

Since Tyrion was with Dany, I am sure he'll intervene on Bronn's behalf

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:12 am 
Officer

Bronn didn't get his castle and it doesn't sound like he has any notions that serving under the Lannister mad queen is going to be a long term thing for him. He seems like he will always end up on the winning side.

Tyrion will have to be careful. If Danny doubts his ability he won't have the gravitas to make any deals for his brother or Bronn assuming they are actually captured.

I am not a big fan of Jamie but what a set of balls on that guy.

That was some ruthless shit when guys were just baking in there armor, you could see the guys trying to get their armor off and get into the water.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:59 pm 

Maren wrote:
Strife wrote:
Quote:

Since Tyrion was with Dany, I am sure he'll intervene on Bronn's behalf

That's a good point, and like V says as well, Bronn could just switch sides...

Quote:
Tyrion will have to be careful. If Danny doubts his ability he won't have the gravitas to make any deals for his brother or Bronn assuming they are actually captured.

Wonder if Dany wll test Tyrion by killing(or threatening) to kill Jaime. That would be some shit if she did. Put him on the stocks and have Tyrion kick the bucket to hang him.

Jamie now knows that Tyrion didn't kill Joffery and really Jaime should have no ill will towards Tyrion, other than him killing his father.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 707 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next