The Purge

PvP for People Who Aren't Asshats
It is currently Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 715 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:07 am 

Now I have an undead Dragon... Ho Ho Ho...

HE CAN BOWL, HE CAN DRINK, HE CAN DRINK SOME MORE, ALA-BA-MA-MAN!
When wife asks him where he's been, just use the action button and Alabama Man busts her lip open!
"Shut up, Bitch!"
"Wow!"
BEATS HIS WIFE AND SLEEPS IT OFF, A-LA-BA-MA MAN!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:38 am 
Officer

The Sansa and Arya thing I am not getting. I do get it, they don't know each other anymore but the part that puzzles me is I am not even sure Littlefinger is pulling the strings on this one. Dirtbag suggest that Brienne can deal with Arya then the next thing you know Sansa sends her out of town. Uh? Arya is supposed to be able to tell when someone is lying and Bran is the three eyed raven. A single sit down should be able to explain everything even if you hate your sibling. I am confused.

Most people have been critical of the wight plan but I think it is brilliant. However the convince Cersei thing is a head scratcher. If your army is already at Kings Landing, why not just beat her then?

Jon bending the knee may get him stabbed some more but I guess we have to wait on that one. Jon keeps making the same mistakes but as Davos said, good, go out and fail some more.

Ouch, the Night King has a dragon.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:10 pm 

She sends Brienne off because she would need to stop any fighting between the sisters. No clue whither or not the meeting she is going to is even real or if they faked the raven scroll.

I think Sansa thought she could deal with her little sister on her own. Sansa wants power, but she doesn't know to what lengths she will go to take it.

Arya isn't a faceless man yet. The girl still has a name, so the girl can still make mistakes. I'm guessing she is going to say fuck it and go South to kill Cerci.

Bran died north of the wall. The Three Eyed raven isn't Bran. Simply because it inhabits Bran's body and has his memories does not make it Bran. The Three Eyed Raven won't get involved unless it has to, to keep the undead at bay.

Also the Army near Kings landing is the Dothroki horde. While they are great at defeating an army on the field, laying a siege is completely different. The Unsullied Army would have to move from Casterly Rock to support a siege.

Daenrys doesn't want to kill half of Kings Landing in a siege. Therefore she won't attack it unless she can take it with minimal bloodshed.

Also the Wight King plan was about like something my tabletop RPG group would do. Effective, but really really stupid.

When wife asks him where he's been, just use the action button and Alabama Man busts her lip open!
"Shut up, Bitch!"
"Wow!"

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:48 am 
Officer

Zouji wrote:
She sends Brienne off because she would need to stop any fighting between the sisters. No clue whither or not the meeting she is going to is even real or if they faked the raven scroll.

Uh? How is sending Brienne off going to make the girls stop fighting?

Zouji wrote:
Bran died north of the wall. The Three Eyed raven isn't Bran. Simply because it inhabits Bran's body and has his memories does not make it Bran. The Three Eyed Raven won't get involved unless it has to, to keep the undead at bay.

Again this makes no sense. You are basically telling me that if you are Sansa or Arya and your brother has visions that you aren't going to go poke him for information because your brother is too busy sitting by the tree.

Zouji wrote:
Also the Army near Kings landing is the Dothroki horde. While they are great at defeating an army on the field, laying a siege is completely different. The Unsullied Army would have to move from Casterly Rock to support a siege. Daenrys doesn't want to kill half of Kings Landing in a siege. Therefore she won't attack it unless she can take it with minimal bloodshed.

The Unsullied are at Kings Landing. Burn the Mud door down and lets get this over with.

Zouji wrote:
Also the Wight King plan was about like something my tabletop RPG group would do. Effective, but really really stupid.

The Wight plan is very difficult but it isn't stupid. It is the most tangible way to prove there existence. That very plan was used extensively in real life in the 20th century. It was the crux of most commando's operations.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:16 pm 

Quote:
Uh? How is sending Brienne off going to make the girls stop fighting?

It won't. If one girl wanted to end the other girl in an "accident" it would prevent her from interfering.

Quote:
Again this makes no sense. You are basically telling me that if you are Sansa or Arya and your brother has visions that you aren't going to go poke him for information because your brother is too busy sitting by the tree.

Sansa and Arya are still Starks. Starks suffer from the same syndrome that prevents them from doing simple things to unravel potential deadly plot points.

Quote:
The Unsullied are at Kings Landing. Burn the Mud door down and lets get this over with.

When did the Unsullied get to Kings Landing?

"Shut up, Bitch!"
"Wow!"

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:57 am 
Officer

Zouji wrote:
It won't. If one girl wanted to end the other girl in an "accident" it would prevent her from interfering.

So you are saying Sansa is going to attempt to kill Arya?

Zouji wrote:
When did the Unsullied get to Kings Landing?

It was in the trailer right after the episode. The Unsullied and Dothraki are at Kings Landings.

I watched the episode again and the haunting vision of Viserion bleeding out, closing its eyes and sliding back into the water was amazing. Best CGI death I have ever seen.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:58 am 

I don't think either sister will kill the other, but I do think that both are thinking about it. They have both been through too much violent shit for them not to think of murder as a problem solver.

"Shut up, Bitch!"
"Wow!"

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:42 pm 

I think Arya is just testing Sansa. I think as "OP" as the writers have made Arya, that she's playing Littlefinger as well. I kind of believe Arya giving Sansa the dagger was a sign that she trusts her.

I wouldn't be totally surprised if Arya kills Littlefinger and then uses his face to control the Eyrie.

So I know Jon said he'd bend the knee... but if he's fucking Dany and they use their marriage to join the North... is he really bending the knee? I think that would be a suitable way to keep the North happy as well.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:35 am 

So incest is still the cool thing to do in Westeros, and the Undead Dragon didn't breath ice. I don't know what that was. Some kind of cold fire or something?

I wonder if we are ever going to see the pale hunting spiders as big as hounds that the white walkers were supposed to have. Or at least that old Nan said they had.

"Shut up, Bitch!"
"Wow!"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:28 pm 

Zouji wrote:
So incest is still the cool thing to do in Westeros, and the Undead Dragon didn't breath ice. I don't know what that was. Some kind of cold fire or something?

At this moment though, Jon and Daenerys do not know it is incest. They will find out next season when they get to Winterfell.
The blue fire from the dragon had to have some heat to take down the great wall, unless it was just the force of the blue fire hitting it.

Cerci is always conniving. I can't wait until Aria takes her out looking like Jamie Lannister... haha at least I hope.

Riona ~ Knight of the Blazing Sun ~ WAR:AoR
Kakarat ~ Swashbuckler ~ EQ2 ~ Venekor
Eef Eigten[F-18]~ 60 Aracoix Rogue ~ Shadowbane
Kakarat ~ 60 Ogre Warrior ~ EQ ~ VZ

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:54 pm 
Officer

Zouji wrote:

I don't know what that was. Some kind of cold fire or something?

Sodium makes flames yellow, carbon/Hydrogen blue.

Salt in a living thing makes it yellow so therefore dead things would shoot out blue??? Most likely someone just said hey that looks cool. Either way it had to be fire otherwise the Knight King can't get over the wall.

I guess that settles if the Knight King was just watching Jon sit at the lake because it was a trap. Without the dragon he doesn't get over the wall which is why he has been taking his time getting down to the wall. It couldn't happen until Danny came to Westeros.

FINALLY LITTLE FINGER IS GONE! It all turned when he sold Sansa to the Boltons. If he took out Bran maybe he survives this but I guess that wasn't one of his many possibilities he could think of. As Olena said, Littlefinger lacked the imagination needed to survive.

I really thought Jamie was dead in this episode. It turns out Cersei was just playing another manipulation to get him to stay. Jamie called her bluff and finally walked out. I must say this separation was better in the show than in the books.

The Wight plan actually worked. It made Jamie realize his sister is beyond following. Poor Bron.

The Hound and the Mountain are going to fight. I never put much thought into that but at this point it is unavoidable.

Aegon, 6th of his name. Just doesn't have the same ring to it as Jon. I wonder how Danny is going to take that. Boning or not, this will cause problems for her.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:43 pm 

As long as she still commands the Dragons, the Unsullied, and the Dothroki then she is fine. Besides, I'm assuming Jon is gonna sacrifice himself in some heroic way after knocking Danny up.

"Shut up, Bitch!"
"Wow!"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:17 pm 

Vllad wrote:
Zouji wrote:

I don't know what that was. Some kind of cold fire or something?

Sodium makes flames yellow, carbon/Hydrogen blue.

Salt in a living thing makes it yellow so therefore dead things would shoot out blue??? Most likely someone just said hey that looks cool. Either way it had to be fire otherwise the Knight King can't get over the wall.
Wow, you win making something totally fake and for the sake of the show actually sound like it makes sense logically. Good job!

Quote:
FINALLY LITTLE FINGER IS GONE! It all turned when he sold Sansa to the Boltons. If he took out Bran maybe he survives this but I guess that wasn't one of his many possibilities he could think of. As Olena said, Littlefinger lacked the imagination needed to survive.
Pretty much like I figured. I knew that Sansa and Arya weren't actually going to be at odds. I called it last week that Arya would kill Littlefinger, but it didn't go down exactly how I expected it. Although when they brought Arya in, I looked at my wife and said that this trial would be for Littlefinger, not Arya. I thought it was pretty obvious the way they set it up that it wasn't going to be Arya on trial.

Quote:
I really thought Jamie was dead in this episode. It turns out Cersei was just playing another manipulation to get him to stay. Jamie called her bluff and finally walked out. I must say this separation was better in the show than in the books.
I did too! When Cersei did her head nod to the Mountain, I thought she was saying to kill him. That still doesn't really make sense to me... why didn't the Mountain kill him? I guess you could say Cersei planned it beforehand, but I'm not sure that really make sense.

Quote:
The Wight plan actually worked. It made Jamie realize his sister is beyond following. Poor Bron.
I was a little surprised that Jamie didn't go to Bron and them both leave... I think Bron is smart enough to know which side has the upper-hand and with Jamie leaving, why would he stay?

Quote:
The Hound and the Mountain are going to fight. I never put much thought into that but at this point it is unavoidable.
Yep, the Hound just called him out... basically slapped him in the face with the glove. The Hound is a great character... maybe ultimately my favorite character.

Quote:
Aegon, 6th of his name. Just doesn't have the same ring to it as Jon. I wonder how Danny is going to take that. Boning or not, this will cause problems for her.
Very curious to see how that works out... and not totally sure if they will stop screwing after they find out they are blood.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:51 pm 
Officer

Strife wrote:
I guess you could say Cersei planned it beforehand, but I'm not sure that really make sense.

I think that is exactly what she did. She has had Jamie tied around her finger for so long just doing shit like this. Claiming to be pregnant for example may be another manipulation. She is using it to fool Tyrion as well as a reason to show her compliance with the Knight King.

It does make sense that Cersei used a threat to keep Jamie in tow but Jamie called her bluff this time.

Essentially like Littlefinger, Cersei's machinations are only effective when their are area's of grey that still exist in the world. However machinations stop being successful when things become more black and white. As Jamie said, there are only two outcomes if they betray Danny. The Undead win then they ride south and kill them. Danny wins and she rides south and kills them. Their are no other conceivable outcomes so machinations just don't have the influence they typically do.

There just isn't a place in the world any longer for people like Littlefinger and Cersei when a pending apocalypse is knocking at the door.

From Jamie's perspective when the day comes that Brianne say's fuck loyalty plus having witnessed his men burn from Dragon fire it is time to re-examine ones priorities.

Nothing like an apocalypse to clean the world of anarchist and schemers.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:08 am 

Why would Jon and Danny get put off to learn they're related. Boning family is a Tragareon (sp) tradition.

As an aside... i think Martin is probably a strange dude.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 715 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29