The Purge

PvP for People Who Aren't Asshats
It is currently Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: 2-0 Jake!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:15 pm 

our league is stupid. We have 1 defensive player, 1 defensive line, 1 linebacker and one defensive back spot (4 total defensive players and the DP spot can be any position). So yeah JJ has had some weeks in which he scored 18-20 pts.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:52 pm 

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... 51599.html

JJ Should get the MVP based on simple logic. Take Aaron rodgers and replace him with one of the two other best players at his position (Manning or Brady or probably the next couple people) and they have not suffered at all. Watt's next competitor is a light year behind him.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:01 am 

Jakensama wrote:
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/j-j--watt-becomes-only-two-time-20-sack-player--does-so-on-safety-210051599.html

JJ Should get the MVP based on simple logic. Take Aaron rodgers and replace him with one of the two other best players at his position (Manning or Brady or probably the next couple people) and they have not suffered at all. Watt's next competitor is a light year behind him.

Andre Johnson "If he don't win the MVP, the NFL is out of their mind" *drops mic*

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:23 am 

Also, its only fitting that Kubiak's Baltimore offense only clicked when it could fuck us out of the playoffs. Fucking Aggie.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:00 am 

You had to know that Cleveland wasn't going to beat the Ravens though.. although they did get my hopes up for a little while.

I don't think Watt will win... I'm guessing he will be 3rd behind Rodgers & Brady, although I think Romo and Brady should probably be switched(Romo will probably be 4th or 5th in the voting). QB is the most important position so as much as it sucks that Watt won't win, even though he was by far the best defensive player in the NFL... it kind of makes sense.

Watt is hurt a little that he isn't #1 in sacks due to Houston somehow getting 4 fucking sacks today.

They mentioned today that Watt is the ONLY player in NFL history to have 2 20+ sack seasons... that's pretty cool.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:10 am 

The only hope is that Rodgers and Brady split the voting for him... which kinda went up in smoke after Brady lost to the bills and Rodgers limped back from an injury to smoke Detroit. I think he would have had a shot if we had squirmed into the playoffs, but the concept of "MVP" isn't "most valuable player" its "best player on the best team"

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:57 pm 

Tin, I like how we took your boy Case from the Rams practice squad last year and then sold him back to them for a pick :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:58 pm 

That's awesome. Case should be in the NFL, hes definitely better than a few backups

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:27 pm 
Officer

Are you guys dissapointed Fitz is gone?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:40 pm 

I'm not exactly any more excited about Hoyer. Hopefully we get Wilfork, he would be a nice addition to a D that is going to have to carry us anyway.

At least the cowboys couldn't hold onto their stupid sooner RB.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:21 pm 

Vllad wrote:

No. But like Jake, I'm not overly excited about our QB plans regardless of Fitz being here or gone. No one was excited about Fitz in the first place and anyone that had any positive thoughts about him was living off of the fact that he wasn't Schaub. Hopefully Mallet doesn't suck and it really was just him being hurt. I was hoping the Texans would have made a play for Brees but I'm not sure what they would have had to give up for him... But, also like Jake said.. It's all about the defense because unless Foster can stay healthy and unless the Texans get some more help catching the ball, they offense is going to be tough..

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:50 pm 

Jakensama wrote:
I'm not exactly any more excited about Hoyer. Hopefully we get Wilfork, he would be a nice addition to a D that is going to have to carry us anyway.
Didn't know we were in on him... that would be pretty awesome.

Quote:
At least the cowboys couldn't hold onto their stupid sooner RB.

The Cowboys O-line was legit last season and is the only reason Murray was as good as he was. He's a fumble waiting to happen. I'm not happy he's gone, because he was really good last season behind that awesome O-line, but I'm not that sad about it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:50 pm 

Vllad wrote:

No. Best part about him was his beard and he shaved that. Like was already said, not real happy with Hoyer... hopefully savage/mallet are 1-2/2-1 whatever.