The Purge

PvP for People Who Aren't Asshats
It is currently Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Outline
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:48 pm 

one of the things that kills some games and caused the purge a lot of angst was server balance and selection.

i guess in the very beginning with the world set up, it would not be a problem but after the server has matured at all newbies would be tempted to join the faction that already has the best access to resources. so the winners get bigger while the ones losing may well get smaller.

how do you handle it so groups like the purge have access to being together in mass?

also, how many characters per server? and what happens if they choices the players make ends up with characters on totally different factions? how do you handle player trades between rival factions? wouldn't it just be easier to use a mule and buy from one place and sell to another?

so if you are going to hurt my faction because i traded some gold for some metal or wood with the 'enemy' i might just roll up another new character with neutral faction and take the hit from dealing with him and then have him deal with the 'enemy' after that i can delete him and start another lvl 1 trade mule.

the game play is only part of the equation when it comes to a successful game. some of the very starting components need to be reverse engineered from what you think the end game is going to be. in WAR many of us have a crafter alt that we mail stuff to and from so we are not reliant on the AH or guildies for the stuff we want. i don't think that was what Mythic had in mind when they started.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:34 pm 

Eve model, no server sharding
1 server, 3 characters

no item mailing, no universal bank, contracts for trades can be written in the marketplace but cost a % of the asking price of the goods being exchanged + a transaction fee

Ie...Private Item Sale Contract
Seller: Diggles
Buyer: Digs
Item: Field plate armor, quarter horse trained mount, claymore
Sell price: 900 GP
Sale Term: 2 weeks
Escrow cost: 25 GP

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:35 pm 

Updated the outline.

"Hamilton is really a Colossus to the anti republican party. Without numbers he is an host within himself. They have got themselves into a defile where they might be finished but too much security on the republican part will give time to his talents and indefatigableness to extricate them. We have had only middling performances to oppose to him. In truth when he comes forward there is nobody but yourself who can meet him. His adversaries having begun the attack he has the advantage of answering them and remains unanswered himself. For God's sake take up your pen and give a fundamental reply to Curtius and Camillas" - Thomas Jefferson to James Madison