The Purge

PvP for People Who Aren't Asshats
It is currently Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:35 pm 

Diggles wrote:
I'd rather do what that Texas guy did...tell 911 you're about to cap this mofo coming at you..

You mean about to cap the mofo robbing your neighbor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:18 pm 

Diggles has a point.. my last gf before i got married loved the ruger .22 target pistol i got her.. got her into guns in a big way.

Plooot - lvl 80 Thief
Ill Tempered Rabbit -lvl 41 Hammer Guardian
Illusionary Doolist - lvl 10 irritating Mesmer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:26 pm 

Thudz wrote:
I bought this one at David's Gun Shop on Buford Hwy in Norcross. The staff is very friendly and very knowledgable. I go to an indoor range on the corner of Spalding Dr. and Medlock Bridge Rd. in Norcross because it's close to work. They let you shoot rifle and shotgun indoors as long as they're slugs.

I live in Windward and I'm thinking about joining Bulls Eye in Cumming (On 141 just West of 400). I think they have an outdoor and indoor range. That would be much more convenient for weekend shooting since it's much closer to where I live.

I've heard of David's but never been there.

Is that range the American Classic Marksman over there? I've been there a few times. They don't have good ventilation in that place if you ask me. It's good for the winter, but the last time I was there during summer between the gunpowder and the heat is wasn't worth it.

Bulls Eye in Cumming is nice and they run the AC! If you go often they offer a yearly membership. It's cheaper if you get 3 other people and buy yearly. There's a message board I frequent where you can find 3 others probably fairly easy to join (georgiapacking.org).

Bulgy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:39 pm 
Officer

Bulgy wrote:
Thudz wrote:
I bought this one at David's Gun Shop on Buford Hwy in Norcross. The staff is very friendly and very knowledgable. I go to an indoor range on the corner of Spalding Dr. and Medlock Bridge Rd. in Norcross because it's close to work. They let you shoot rifle and shotgun indoors as long as they're slugs.

I live in Windward and I'm thinking about joining Bulls Eye in Cumming (On 141 just West of 400). I think they have an outdoor and indoor range. That would be much more convenient for weekend shooting since it's much closer to where I live.

I've heard of David's but never been there.

Is that range the American Classic Marksman over there? I've been there a few times. They don't have good ventilation in that place if you ask me. It's good for the winter, but the last time I was there during summer between the gunpowder and the heat is wasn't worth it.

Bulls Eye in Cumming is nice and they run the AC! If you go often they offer a yearly membership. It's cheaper if you get 3 other people and buy yearly. There's a message board I frequent where you can find 3 others probably fairly easy to join (georgiapacking.org).

Bulgy

Yeah it's called something like that. I go because it's 2 minutes from work and I can get lunch time sessions in pretty easy. It's probably the worst range I've ever been in but it's convenient and they let you shot rifles, carbines and shotguns indoors. I'm going to visit Bulls Eye sometime soon and will probably get a membership. I'm eyeing my friends AR-15 cause he wants to get rid of it, it has less than 500 rounds through it but is post 1994 ban so it doesn't have the muzzle flash suppressor on it (one can be easily machined on I guess, no biggie).

Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state.
-Thomas Jefferson

Spread my work ethic not my wealth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:31 pm 
Officer

Went to the range during lunch today and put 20 shells through her. Felt good. Very happy with the purchase.

Guy in the lane next to us had a tricked out AR-15. BiPod, quad tactical rail, laser, scope, folding stock. That's my next purchase, I'm thinking of building one.

Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state.
-Thomas Jefferson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:58 pm 
Officer

Anybody noticing a shortage in the ammunition supply? It's been hard to find any 223 (5.56mm) and .45 Auto. Most of the online sites I order from are all back ordered. I even broke down and went to WalMart and they had shit. They didn't even have any 12 gauge buck. The associate there said their supply shipments have been few and far between and smaller each time.

I know demand it through the roof right now but I've heard rumors of cuts in production. It's a sign of bad things to come.

-Thomas Jefferson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:06 pm 

Out of curiosity, why would one need a flash suppressor unless they were sniping someone from the book depository at night?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:26 pm 
Officer

Jakensama wrote:
Out of curiosity, why would one need a flash suppressor unless they were sniping someone from the book depository at night?

Technically to not give your position away. Personally it helps me stay on target because the flash from the muzzle is much reduced. Think of it like trying to shoot something with a camera flash going off right in front of you everytime you pull the trigger.

Plus they're cool.

-Thomas Jefferson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:26 pm 

Jakensama wrote:

Would you want a big flashing light next to you if you were in a gun fight for your life?

(I have no clue what I'm talking about, I'm just guessin that might be one answer).

"Hamilton is really a Colossus to the anti republican party. Without numbers he is an host within himself. They have got themselves into a defile where they might be finished but too much security on the republican part will give time to his talents and indefatigableness to extricate them. We have had only middling performances to oppose to him. In truth when he comes forward there is nobody but yourself who can meet him. His adversaries having begun the attack he has the advantage of answering them and remains unanswered himself. For God's sake take up your pen and give a fundamental reply to Curtius and Camillas" - Thomas Jefferson to James Madison

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:30 pm 

I think his question was more geared to why would there be a ban against not having one(which I'm also curious about). But I could be horribly wrong!

Gnarnok - 70 Gladiator Rogue - Retired

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:35 pm 
Officer

Maybe to keep people from trying to saw-off part of their barrel to conceal the weapon?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:38 pm 
Officer

Gnarnok wrote:
I think his question was more geared to why would there be a ban against not having one(which I'm also curious about). But I could be horribly wrong!

The 1994 Assault Weapons Ban had a piece in it that banned the flash suppressor for certain rifles. Even though it expired some manufactures have never resumed producing them although it's an easy modification for a gunsmith.

-Thomas Jefferson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:39 pm 

Ah! Well that makes a ton more sense than anything I could come up with :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:39 pm 
Officer

Looking at the weapon ban info, looks like the ban was against having one, not gainst NOT having one like Gnarnok mentioned.

Are you referring to something else?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:41 pm 

It was just portrayed like you had to have one in Thudz' post, which made us wonder.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:43 pm 
Officer

Back to ammunition...

I'm getting alittle concerned and I'm thinking about picking up ammunition for guns I'm even thinking about buying in the future when I come across a good deal.

I've always said that banning guns will never work but if they found a way of limiting the ammunition supply you'd essentially ban guns.

-Thomas Jefferson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:44 pm 
Officer

Gnarnok wrote:
It was just portrayed like you had to have one in Thudz' post, which made us wonder.

From my point of view it is a necessity. :P Can't be giving up my position!

-Thomas Jefferson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:45 pm 
Hail to the King

If I remember right, the assault weapons ban was pretty silly. The parameters for what was illegal was so narrowly defined, you'd have to almost make an effort to come up with a weapon that was illegal.

Like you could have an assault weapon, just not with this attachment or that attachment or these two attachments together, etc.

It's been a while since I read the text of the ban but I seem to recall that it was a ban more in theory than in practice anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:46 pm 

Thudz wrote:
Gnarnok wrote:

From my point of view it is a necessity. :P Can't be giving up my position!

haha fair enough.

The only gun in my house is a muzzle loader which I don't really go near. I think keeping your position with that gun might pose some small problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:47 pm 

Gnarnok wrote:

I think Jake was wondering why you would want a supressor.

Thudz wrote:
Back to ammunition...

I'm getting alittle concerned and I'm thinking about picking up ammunition for guns I'm even thinking about buying in the future when I come across a good deal.

I've always said that banning guns will never work but if they found a way of limiting the ammunition supply you'd essentially ban guns.

What's the shelf life? Here is it years, decades, centuries?

"Hamilton is really a Colossus to the anti republican party. Without numbers he is an host within himself. They have got themselves into a defile where they might be finished but too much security on the republican part will give time to his talents and indefatigableness to extricate them. We have had only middling performances to oppose to him. In truth when he comes forward there is nobody but yourself who can meet him. His adversaries having begun the attack he has the advantage of answering them and remains unanswered himself. For God's sake take up your pen and give a fundamental reply to Curtius and Camillas" - Thomas Jefferson to James Madison

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:49 pm 

Dustie wrote:
Gnarnok wrote:

I think Jake was wondering why you would want a supressor.

Guess I just read into it too much :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:50 pm 
Officer

Slamz wrote:
If I remember right, the assault weapons ban was pretty silly. The parameters for what was illegal was so narrowly defined, you'd have to almost make an effort to come up with a weapon that was illegal.

Like you could have an assault weapon, just not with this attachment or that attachment or these two attachments together, etc.

It's been a while since I read the text of the ban but I seem to recall that it was a ban more in theory than in practice anyway.

That was the major jest of it. However it got even sillier by defining certain aspects of the rifle as being "menacing looking" and then banning them because they looked a certain way.

The term "Assault Weapon" is used to fear monger. They're rifles, semi automatic at that. At their very core they are no different than any rifle used to hunt they simply have different accessories and configurations tailored more toward utilitary uses.

-Thomas Jefferson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:50 pm 
Officer

Slamz wrote:

Yeah, I thought it was kinda dumb too.
Like, having a Flash Suppressor was legal. But having both a Flash Suppressor and a Grenade Launcher was not. But having just the Grenade Launcher was also legal. =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:53 pm 
Officer

Dustie wrote:
Thudz wrote:
Back to ammunition...

What's the shelf life? Here is it years, decades, centuries?

Stored properly (dry and cool) modern ammunition will last decades.

-Thomas Jefferson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:58 pm 

Thudz wrote:
The term "Assault Weapon" is used to fear monger. They're rifles, semi automatic at that. At their very core they are no different than any rifle used to hunt they simply have different accessories and configurations tailored more toward utilitary uses.

I dunno when I fired my crazy hoarding guns for ww3 uncles' AR-15 in alaska it felt a bit different than the 30-06 we used for deer hunting when I was a kid :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next