The Purge

PvP for People Who Aren't Asshats
It is currently Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:03 pm 
Officer

Jakensama wrote:
Thudz wrote:
The term "Assault Weapon" is used to fear monger. They're rifles, semi automatic at that. At their very core they are no different than any rifle used to hunt they simply have different accessories and configurations tailored more toward utilitary uses.

I dunno when I fired my crazy hoarding guns for ww3 uncles' AR-15 in alaska it felt a bit different than the 30-06 we used for deer hunting when I was a kid :)

And if you fired my Weatherby .30-.378 you'd think "What in the hell would you fire this thing at? Godzilla?". A firearm is a firearm, they can all inflict fatal wounds. Singling certain ones out because they look different is idiotic.

Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state.
-Thomas Jefferson

Spread my work ethic not my wealth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:06 pm 
Hail to the King

I think it's vitally important to be prepared for Godzilla attacks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:13 am 

Thudz wrote:
Back to ammunition...

I'm getting alittle concerned and I'm thinking about picking up ammunition for guns I'm even thinking about buying in the future when I come across a good deal.

I've always said that banning guns will never work but if they found a way of limiting the ammunition supply you'd essentially ban guns.

Alot of the supply has disappeared because of concerns over gun bans and new ammo regulations. There's a bill circulating in Georgia state congress about requiring serial numbers stamped on the bottom of every cartridge. I believe there's a similar bill soon to go into the US congress. Don't know the bill numbers.

Obama's Attorney General was on TV last week and already stated that the administration wants to bring back the ban of '94 and make it permanent. They only want to tweak it a little. Let me give you an example of how they want to tweak it.

Cop-killer bullets. They want to ban them. Now before you say that they ought to be banned, understand their definition of cop-killer bullets. This isn't some super high-tech teflon coated round they are talking about. It's any cartridge capable of penetrating body armor. So that 30-06 that you have at home? Those cartridges won't be available any longer under the new ban.

Bulgy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:21 am 

Bulgy wrote:
Thudz wrote:
Back to ammunition...

I'm getting alittle concerned and I'm thinking about picking up ammunition for guns I'm even thinking about buying in the future when I come across a good deal.

I've always said that banning guns will never work but if they found a way of limiting the ammunition supply you'd essentially ban guns.

Alot of the supply has disappeared because of concerns over gun bans and new ammo regulations. There's a bill circulating in Georgia state congress about requiring serial numbers stamped on the bottom of every cartridge. I believe there's a similar bill soon to go into the US congress. Don't know the bill numbers.

Obama's Attorney General was on TV last week and already stated that the administration wants to bring back the ban of '94 and make it permanent. They only want to tweak it a little. Let me give you an example of how they want to tweak it.

Cop-killer bullets. They want to ban them. Now before you say that they ought to be banned, understand their definition of cop-killer bullets. This isn't some super high-tech teflon coated round they are talking about. It's any cartridge capable of penetrating body armor. So that 30-06 that you have at home? Those cartridges won't be available any longer under the new ban.

Bulgy

Clearly the founding fathers meant ".. so long as those arms (fire arms) do not produce lethal injuries"

In other words, you can all keep your b-b guns.

"Hamilton is really a Colossus to the anti republican party. Without numbers he is an host within himself. They have got themselves into a defile where they might be finished but too much security on the republican part will give time to his talents and indefatigableness to extricate them. We have had only middling performances to oppose to him. In truth when he comes forward there is nobody but yourself who can meet him. His adversaries having begun the attack he has the advantage of answering them and remains unanswered himself. For God's sake take up your pen and give a fundamental reply to Curtius and Camillas" - Thomas Jefferson to James Madison

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:33 pm 
Officer

Bought a new addition to the Armory today.

Springfield GI .45 3" Micro Compact (Parckerized, 6 + 1)

This is going to be my new CCW. Pictures to come.

First thing I'm going todo is replace the fixed low profile military style sights with some adjustable night sights. The rest will probably stay standard. Maybe a laser grip.

Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state.
-Thomas Jefferson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:16 pm 

Thudz, you have any old WW2 era stuff?

My friend just bought an old Mosin-Nagant.... I was a bit surprised how cheap they are, but considering the mass production, I guess theres an assload of em out there.

Just wondering if you ever had a chance to get any old bolt action rifles, or an MG42 or anything hehehe.... That'd be an awesome collectors item....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:23 pm 
Officer

Alio wrote:
Thudz, you have any old WW2 era stuff?

My friend just bought an old Mosin-Nagant.... I was a bit surprised how cheap they are, but considering the mass production, I guess theres an assload of em out there.

Just wondering if you ever had a chance to get any old bolt action rifles, or an MG42 or anything hehehe.... That'd be an awesome collectors item....

I don't personally own any but my friend has a M1 Garand that I've fired alot. I often eye them at shows but have never "pulled the trigger".

OP updated with pic of GI .45.

-Thomas Jefferson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:14 am 
Officer

If you put my father's safe and my safe together we'd be close to this. Well maybe not yet. :mrgreen:

-Thomas Jefferson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:09 pm 

ok Thudz, time to put the gun meister to the test.

i need a clip for a .243 made in Austria Klienguenther MK-1 for the impending zombie war.

while it may not be the optimum anti-zombie weapon, with the 6.5 x 20 leupold scope on it, headshots from several yards are expected.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:22 pm 
Officer

bonestomper wrote:
ok Thudz, time to put the gun meister to the test.

i need a clip for a .243 made in Austria Klienguenther MK-1 for the impending zombie war.

while it may not be the optimum anti-zombie weapon, with the 6.5 x 20 leupold scope on it, headshots from several yards are expected.

First off the proper term is magazine not clip. :wink:

That's a .308 cartridge right? Should be able to use a .308 BAR magazine or 7mm MK1 magazine.

Try... http://www.brownells.com/aspx/ns/store/ ... 668&p=4816

You could call them to confirm.

-Thomas Jefferson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:42 pm 
Officer

I hate my Glock .45. While it is very accurate the magazines are a complete joke.

The springs are to tight so you really can't get more then 7 rounds in it and the magazine style makes it painful to load. The Glock is already to heavy and the magazine is twice the weight of a Colt.

Stick with American firearms.

Vllad

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:45 pm 
Officer

Vllad wrote:
I hate my Glock .45. While it is very accurate the magazines are a complete joke.

The springs are to tight so you really can't get more then 7 rounds in it and the magazine style makes it painful to load. The Glock is already to heavy and the magazine is twice the weight of a Colt.

Stick with American firearms.

Vllad

Never really liked the Glocks. I'm partial to the 1911. .45 ACP is the superior everyday load however. I'd never skimp on magazines. With the thousands and thousands of cartridges you push into the damn things I hate when they snag or the springs are too tight.

-Thomas Jefferson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:09 pm 

Just ordered a Smith and Wesson .357. 686 plus with a 4 inch barrel. Should come in some time this month.

Now I just can't find any ammo anywhere for any caliber I own in Atlanta..... Sucks!

Bulgy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:03 am 

Let me know what you are looking for, my in-laws own a gun shop in Rabun County up north and go to a lot of gun shows.

I've got em keeping an eye out for a nice reproduction Lemat for me:P

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LeMat_Revolver

Plooot - lvl 80 Thief
Ill Tempered Rabbit -lvl 41 Hammer Guardian
Illusionary Doolist - lvl 10 irritating Mesmer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:15 am 

Isn't the M1 Garand the rifle that myth busters used to shot right through bullet proof glass? On a similar note I loved the M1 in the Battlefield 1942 extra Asia pacific maps they released later on in the game.

Also if you want to be truly prepared for the zombie apocalypse then you need your Zombie Survival Handbook. I would also suggest you invest in a good machete, hatchet, a whet stone, and a large sturdy metal blunt instrument.

http://www.amazon.com/Zombie-Survival-G ... pd_sim_b_1

HE CAN BOWL, HE CAN DRINK, HE CAN DRINK SOME MORE, ALA-BA-MA-MAN!
When wife asks him where he's been, just use the action button and Alabama Man busts her lip open!
"Shut up, Bitch!"
"Wow!"
BEATS HIS WIFE AND SLEEPS IT OFF, A-LA-BA-MA MAN!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:31 am 
Officer

I've always wanted to live in Montana. I hope more States follow suit.

HOUSE BILL NO. 246

INTRODUCED BY J. BONIEK, BENNETT, BUTCHER, CURTISS, RANDALL, WARBURTON

AN ACT EXEMPTING FROM FEDERAL REGULATION UNDER THE COMMERCE CLAUSE OF THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES A FIREARM, A FIREARM ACCESSORY, OR AMMUNITION MANUFACTURED AND RETAINED IN MONTANA; AND PROVIDING AN APPLICABILITY DATE.

BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF MONTANA:

Section 1. Short title. [Sections 1 through 6] may be cited as the "Montana Firearms Freedom Act".

Section 2. Legislative declarations of authority. The legislature declares that the authority for [sections 1 through 6] is the following:

(1) The 10th amendment to the United States constitution guarantees to the states and their people all powers not granted to the federal government elsewhere in the constitution and reserves to the state and people of Montana certain powers as they were understood at the time that Montana was admitted to statehood in 1889. The guaranty of those powers is a matter of contract between the state and people of Montana and the United States as of the time that the compact with the United States was agreed upon and adopted by Montana and the United States in 1889.

(2) The ninth amendment to the United States constitution guarantees to the people rights not granted in the constitution and reserves to the people of Montana certain rights as they were understood at the time that Montana was admitted to statehood in 1889. The guaranty of those rights is a matter of contract between the state and people of Montana and the United States as of the time that the compact with the United States was agreed upon and adopted by Montana and the United States in 1889.

(3) The regulation of intrastate commerce is vested in the states under the 9th and 10th amendments to the United States constitution, particularly if not expressly preempted by federal law. Congress has not expressly preempted state regulation of intrastate commerce pertaining to the manufacture on an intrastate basis of firearms, firearms accessories, and ammunition.

(4) The second amendment to the United States constitution reserves to the people the right to keep and bear arms as that right was understood at the time that Montana was admitted to statehood in 1889, and the guaranty of the right is a matter of contract between the state and people of Montana and the United States as of the time that the compact with the United States was agreed upon and adopted by Montana and the United States in 1889.

(5) Article II, section 12, of the Montana constitution clearly secures to Montana citizens, and prohibits government interference with, the right of individual Montana citizens to keep and bear arms. This constitutional protection is unchanged from the 1889 Montana constitution, which was approved by congress and the people of Montana, and the right exists as it was understood at the time that the compact with the United States was agreed upon and adopted by Montana and the United States in 1889.

Section 3. Definitions. As used in [sections 1 through 6], the following definitions apply:

(1) "Borders of Montana" means the boundaries of Montana described in Article I, section 1, of the 1889 Montana constitution.

(2) "Firearms accessories" means items that are used in conjunction with or mounted upon a firearm but are not essential to the basic function of a firearm, including but not limited to telescopic or laser sights, magazines, flash or sound suppressors, folding or aftermarket stocks and grips, speedloaders, ammunition carriers, and lights for target illumination.

(3) "Generic and insignificant parts" includes but is not limited to springs, screws, nuts, and pins.

(4) "Manufactured" means that a firearm, a firearm accessory, or ammunition has been created from basic materials for functional usefulness, including but not limited to forging, casting, machining, or other processes for working materials.

Section 4. Prohibitions. A personal firearm, a firearm accessory, or ammunition that is manufactured commercially or privately in Montana and that remains within the borders of Montana is not subject to federal law or federal regulation, including registration, under the authority of congress to regulate interstate commerce. It is declared by the legislature that those items have not traveled in interstate commerce. This section applies to a firearm, a firearm accessory, or ammunition that is manufactured in Montana from basic materials and that can be manufactured without the inclusion of any significant parts imported from another state. Generic and insignificant parts that have other manufacturing or consumer product applications are not firearms, firearms accessories, or ammunition, and their importation into Montana and incorporation into a firearm, a firearm accessory, or ammunition manufactured in Montana does not subject the firearm, firearm accessory, or ammunition to federal regulation. It is declared by the legislature that basic materials, such as unmachined steel and unshaped wood, are not firearms, firearms accessories, or ammunition and are not subject to congressional authority to regulate firearms, firearms accessories, and ammunition under interstate commerce as if they were actually firearms, firearms accessories, or ammunition. The authority of congress to regulate interstate commerce in basic materials does not include authority to regulate firearms, firearms accessories, and ammunition made in Montana from those materials. Firearms accessories that are imported into Montana from another state and that are subject to federal regulation as being in interstate commerce do not subject a firearm to federal regulation under interstate commerce because they are attached to or used in conjunction with a firearm in Montana.

Section 5. Exceptions. [Section 4] does not apply to:

(1) a firearm that cannot be carried and used by one person;

(2) a firearm that has a bore diameter greater than 1 1/2 inches and that uses smokeless powder, not black powder, as a propellant;

(3) ammunition with a projectile that explodes using an explosion of chemical energy after the projectile leaves the firearm; or

(4) a firearm that discharges two or more projectiles with one activation of the trigger or other firing device.

Section 6. Marketing of firearms. A firearm manufactured or sold in Montana under [sections 1 through 6] must have the words "Made in Montana" clearly stamped on a central metallic part, such as the receiver or frame.

Section 7. Codification instruction. [Sections 1 through 6] are intended to be codified as an integral part of Title 30, and the provisions of Title 30 apply to [sections 1 through 6].

Section 8. Applicability. [This act] applies to firearms, firearms accessories, and ammunition that are manufactured, as defined in [section 3], and retained in Montana after October 1, 2009.

- END -

-Thomas Jefferson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:17 pm 

uh, cliff notes plz?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:35 pm 
Officer

Diggles wrote:
uh, cliff notes plz?

Basically Montana is stating that regardless of what gun laws the Federal Government passes any firearm made in Montana and sold in Montana will be legal in Montana.

-Thomas Jefferson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:37 pm 

Thudz wrote:
Diggles wrote:
uh, cliff notes plz?

Basically Montana is stating that regardless of what gun laws the Federal Government passes any firearm made in Montana and sold in Montana will be legal in Montana.

..Except those that can't be carried by one person or have a bore bigger then 1 1/2 inches. Which rules out the deck gun I have mounted on my roof.

"Hamilton is really a Colossus to the anti republican party. Without numbers he is an host within himself. They have got themselves into a defile where they might be finished but too much security on the republican part will give time to his talents and indefatigableness to extricate them. We have had only middling performances to oppose to him. In truth when he comes forward there is nobody but yourself who can meet him. His adversaries having begun the attack he has the advantage of answering them and remains unanswered himself. For God's sake take up your pen and give a fundamental reply to Curtius and Camillas" - Thomas Jefferson to James Madison

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:44 pm 
Officer

Dustie wrote:
Thudz wrote:
Diggles wrote:
uh, cliff notes plz?

..Except those that can't be carried by one person or have a bore bigger then 1 1/2 inches. Which rules out the deck gun I have mounted on my roof.

I'm most disappointed with Section 5.4 making automatic firearms an exception.

-Thomas Jefferson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:48 pm 

hopefully this will poke the eye of the Feds and revive states rights on whats legal and whats not....ie HEMP/POT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:50 pm 
Officer

Diggles wrote:
hopefully this will poke the eye of the Feds and revive states rights on whats legal and whats not....ie HEMP/POT

That's the whole point. All the states can hope for is for a federal court to hear a case against this law and side with the state. Once that happens the flood gates open.

-Thomas Jefferson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:50 pm 

Thudz wrote:
Dustie wrote:
Thudz wrote:
Diggles wrote:
uh, cliff notes plz?

I'm most disappointed with Section 5.4 making automatic firearms an exception.

The most interesting part about 5.4 is that it's clearly talking about 2 seperate shells (i.e. a 3 round burst, auto etc), but it could also be interpretted to mean shot. For example, if there are 40 pellets in a shot gun shell, then that's certaintly more then 1 projectile per firing action.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:36 pm 

heh so barrett .50 sniper rifle is legal in Montona?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:25 pm 
Officer

Diggles wrote:
heh so barrett .50 sniper rifle is legal in Montona?

That should be legal in most every state. There is nothing illegal about it.

-Thomas Jefferson

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next