The Purge

PvP for People Who Aren't Asshats
It is currently Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:04 pm 

They should legalize everything in Montana.... Then with the tax proceeds, they could finally build an airport.... Shooting Montana into the 21st century.... Itd be exciting to have our big brother to the north finally getting into the swing of things....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:11 pm 

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30109090/

Crazy bitches ruining things for the rest of us.

Gnarnok - 70 Gladiator Rogue - Retired

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:22 pm 

Barrets kill groundhogs.. dead.

Plooot - lvl 80 Thief
Ill Tempered Rabbit -lvl 41 Hammer Guardian
Illusionary Doolist - lvl 10 irritating Mesmer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:45 pm 

I just want to say that Im for complete un-fettered gun control. Its down right un-American to have all these load guns in the public!

Please forfeit your guns and ammunition now.

"If you want to change the world, be that change."
--Gandhi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:48 pm 
Officer

Vanraw wrote:
I just want to say that Im for complete un-fettered gun control. Its down right un-American to have all these load guns in the public!

Please forfeit your guns and ammunition now.

You're welcome to come collect mine. :twisted:

Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state.
-Thomas Jefferson

Spread my work ethic not my wealth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:57 pm 

You need to mail them to

PO box 123
somewhere, Iowa

You can come vist them on Saturdays between 3:pm and 4:pm.

"If you want to change the world, be that change."
--Gandhi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:23 pm 

Vanraw wrote:
You need to mail them to

PO box 123
somewhere, Iowa

You can come vist them on Saturdays between 3:pm and 4:pm.

I didnt know they did 21 gun salutes in gay weddings!?!!?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:28 pm 
Officer

Original post updated with picture of new range gun (Ruger P85 9mm). I went to my father's for Easter and we went to the range like we always do. I wanted to put a hundred through the GI .45 to break it in and we got to talking about how ammunition prices have gotten so high it's getting difficult to go to the range as often as we like. Since I only have .45 my handgun ammo is damn expensive. He insisted I take home the Ruger 9mm for a cheap range gun.

I like this Ruger. Very durable and very reliable, no malfunctions, no failures to load or shoot and no failures to eject or stovepipes ever. It's had well over 10,000 rounds through it. I can regularly put 10/15 in a 3" diameter at 21 feet. Wife like's it too, better than the .45 which is a much harder shot and considerably louder. I can get 9mm ammo for around 25-33 cents a cartridge compared to 40-55 cent a cartridge for .45. Sound economical sense.

Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state.
-Thomas Jefferson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:39 pm 
Officer

Well, if I wasn't on the FBI/ATF watch list before I am now. Just ordered 3000 rounds each of 9mm and .45 ACP from Georgia Arms and will be picking it up directly from the gun show next Saturday. 6000 rounds should take me through a year of range time if I pace myself.

The coolest part is they each come in Military Ammo Cans which make for handy storage cases once emptied.

-Thomas Jefferson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:55 pm 

[with a slight transition from the "assault rifles" thread in the Politics sections]

With the thought in mind of defending a plot of land from a mob in the event of a civil unrest scenario, I've come to the conclusion that I need the following firearms:

1. Sidearm: Glock 17 or Glock 19 (short range defense and fall back when AR-15 jams)
2. Shotgun: 12-Gauge Shotgun (short to mid range defense, fallback if AR jams, and hunting)
3. Rifle: AR-15, M1, or M4 (Mid and Long range Defense, can be used for hunting too)

It just doesn't seem like I can get by with anything less then those three.

Possible additions would be a
1. A revolver for ultimate reliability (in the civil unrest scenario my glock might break a complex part that I can't fix myself).
2. A longer range rifle for defending a farm plot from an elevated/protected position

Thoughts?

As a side note, I'm less worried (not really worried at all now) about a civil unrest scenario then I was when we started talking about this, but still, it doesn't hurt to be prepared.

"Hamilton is really a Colossus to the anti republican party. Without numbers he is an host within himself. They have got themselves into a defile where they might be finished but too much security on the republican part will give time to his talents and indefatigableness to extricate them. We have had only middling performances to oppose to him. In truth when he comes forward there is nobody but yourself who can meet him. His adversaries having begun the attack he has the advantage of answering them and remains unanswered himself. For God's sake take up your pen and give a fundamental reply to Curtius and Camillas" - Thomas Jefferson to James Madison

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:36 pm 
Officer

You should probably start with those and learn to shoot them before expanding your wish list. That will probably help you decide what you like and don't like about each and what area you feel you need to expand in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:38 pm 

m14 has more stopping power than and better long range accuracy (can be used to snipe) however is much heavier and hard to control on auto fire

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:51 pm 
Officer

I own a Glock and I hate it. While it is accurate the magazines suck ass. I lose more skin just loading it then I would just dragging my thumb on the cement all day.

Stick to American side arms.

Vllad

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:54 pm 

Vllad wrote:
I own a Glock and I hate it. While it is accurate the magazines suck ass. I lose more skin just loading it then I would just dragging my thumb on the cement all day.

Stick to American side arms.

Vllad

Do you have the compact 17? If so, would you have the same problem with the larger 19?

What's a good alternative?

"Hamilton is really a Colossus to the anti republican party. Without numbers he is an host within himself. They have got themselves into a defile where they might be finished but too much security on the republican part will give time to his talents and indefatigableness to extricate them. We have had only middling performances to oppose to him. In truth when he comes forward there is nobody but yourself who can meet him. His adversaries having begun the attack he has the advantage of answering them and remains unanswered himself. For God's sake take up your pen and give a fundamental reply to Curtius and Camillas" - Thomas Jefferson to James Madison

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:01 pm 
Officer

Good point. I guess I would have to look at the magazine. From what I have seen the plastic lip on Glocks are all the same but I could be wrong.

Vllad

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:26 pm 

Vllad wrote:
Good point. I guess I would have to look at the magazine. From what I have seen the plastic lip on Glocks are all the same but I could be wrong.

Vllad

I don't know, I'm just guessing.

American Alternative to the Glock?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:31 pm 

The top 5 9mm are all made by non american companies~

Beretta FS92.
Ruger P89.

Last edited by Diggles on Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:41 pm 

Diggles wrote:
Beretta FS92.
Ruger P89.

What about the SIG P226?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:42 pm 

I used this guide when I was shopping for my first gun

http://www.best9mm.com/

granted, as a newbie I cannot come close to any of those haggle prices, especially when demand went thru the roof.

I ended up getting a revolver anyhow, as I found a good deal. 425 for a Risso .357 already ported. I will eventually want a 9mm to do target practice. Cant say what I'm leaning toward. Would be nice if ammo was cheaper~

I'm not sure I shot the sig you're talking about, but if it was a double wide mag, it was super fat and felt strange in my hand, plus kicked too much (i'm a whimp)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:51 pm 
Officer

Dustie, it's all pretty much opinion and preference but I wouldn't consider anything better than the high end Spiringfield Armorys, Kimbers and Les Baers. My personal preference for handgun is the 1911 model. My favorite caliber is 10mm or .45 ACP but the ammo is somewhat rare (10mm) and expensive (both). For overall versatility, popularity and affordability you can't beat 9mm.

Hands down most versitile firearm is the 12 gauge shotgun. That would be 'A' number 1 on my list if I owned nothing. Next would be a sidearm. What they always say is the side arm is just to get you to your rifle. And last would be an M1A.

-Thomas Jefferson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:30 am 
Officer

My next purchase will be a .40 Colt.

You can't fire a .45 fast enough to be as accurate as I would like. 9mm/357's are to small of a caliber in my opinion. The .40 is a good compromise.

I will never purchase a euro fire arm again.

Vllad

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:34 am 

Alright. The main thing I want to avoid with my hang gun, is a slider that flys off and hits me in the eye after 10,000 rounds. I was reading about problems with both the older Glocks and the Army's problems with the Barreta after 30,000 rounds (both with the barrel fracturing and sliders flying off and hitting people in the head).

Last edited by Dustie on Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:34 am 

Vllad wrote:

You can't fire a .45 fast enough to be as accurate as I would like. 9mm/357's are to small of a caliber in my opinion. The .40 is a good compromise.

Vllad

Berreta FS92 is the 2nd most fired/tested handgun next to the 1911, whats wrong with it (besides you having ham fists...heh)?

Why not just use lower caliber hollow points for real self defense? Wouldnt that have just as much killing power as a higher caliber non hollow point?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:14 am 
Officer

Vllad wrote:

Vllad

Check out the ballistics of the 10mm. I find it superior in almost everyway.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/10mm_Auto

-Thomas Jefferson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:57 pm 
Officer

Went to the gun show today. Doors opened at 9 AM, got there at 8:30 and was already 100 ft from the door. By the time the doors opened the line was easily 300 yards long. By far the most crowded I have ever seen this particular one. Immediately headed for the Georgia Arms area to pick up my ammo and put it in the car so I didn't have to carry a couple hundred extra pounds around.

Overall I wasn't really impressed with any prices but luckily I wasn't in the market for another firearm. I was however on the lookout for a tactical flashlight and rail for my 12 gauge. I picked up a UTG 200 lumens tactical flashlight with remote switch and a small tacticak rail designed to fit 1" shotgun tubes. I installed both and updated the pictures in the original post. I'm very pleased with the LED light. it's extremely bright and actually blinding when shined directly at your face in the dark. My enemies won't be able to hide from me now!

-Thomas Jefferson

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next