The Purge

PvP for People Who Aren't Asshats
It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 6:02 pm 
cRPG Warband

Just an update, Warthunder now has tanks (ground forces) in the game.

DLing the update as I type this and going to check it out.... my ME 410 w X2 500lb bombs cant wait.... :)

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 3:14 am 
cRPG Warband

let me know how it is, so I can decide if it is worth downloading again.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 7:13 pm 
cRPG Warband

Ok so, the tanks have not yet been added into the matches with the planes, because the developers are waiting for some of the tank players to get more "rank" in the game first so they can compete etc...

The tank game-play is difficult, compared to the original "World of tanks" as there are not "red" enemy target outlines and driving the tanks is much more realistic and thus a bit difficult to master. It is a bit choppy and feels rough overall, though I am just getting started w a shit tank and new to it; thus far I say it is worth a try to see how you feel about it overall.

They have also added some new features to the planes; fire damage is more dangerous now and you don't see %100 fighters anymore, there is a good mix of plane types now as most players are using planes that have ground attack capabilities. So the overall game is more realistic and fun for me as I tend to fly my ME 410s.

I will update as I go to let ya know if its a real hit or just an "ehh... yeah"..

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 8:38 pm 
cRPG Warband

ground forces is rubbish from what i hear

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 5:17 am 
cRPG Warband

Actually after playing it for a night, its pretty fun. Much more realistic and thus more difficult to master, however, you have to aim taking in consideration range and ammo load out etc.

Its worth a try to see if you enjoy it; its just not as "arcade" as WoT was, overall its pretty fun.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 2:21 pm 
cRPG Warband

Sharp curve too it, tried it and was terrible so gave up on it pretty quick.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 8:03 pm 
cRPG Warband

Ok they have added planes to the tank battles now. AA ground units are very dangerous when players are on them, so watch out.

How it works is, you get one Plane per match and two tanks (in the tank matches) if you go into a Plane match it may be reversed etc...

For me, I mean I like my ME410, but lately I have dropped down to the HE 112-B0 fighter, which can out turn nearly every allied plane and comes w two 20mm cannons (low ammo count though) and a pair of MGs too. I have been dropping allied aircraft with this slow little plane with ease. The only planes that are dangerous for me are the Yaks, but once hit they go up in flames.

As for tanks, I am mostly using the Aust F2 with the high vols gun, for a tier II its solid; can destroy most tanks 1-3 rank and have fair armor.

And of course, being bombed by player planes sucks lol...

My call on this game is; its fun, challenging and really has potential.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:31 pm 
cRPG Warband

I need to by my side in M&B brother! no more tanks n planes.. hammers, shields n lances