The Purge

PvP for People Who Aren't Asshats
It is currently Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ipad ebook shortcuts
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:39 pm 

Strange question but figured you guys would probably be best source of info before I sit down to search for hours on the web..

Is it possible to make shortcuts to ebooks that are within their own Apps on iPad? Its a very difficult concept to search internet for, figured I'd try you guys before wasting time on web!

I have a client who is Emergency room doc and has 3-6 ebook apps from various publishers and only uses 1 ebook from each app...he'd like the ones he has to reference frequently all in 1 spot. So far I've only put all the ebook apps in a group folder

Post subject: Re: Ipad ebook shortcuts
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:18 pm 
Hail to the King

*not an Apple person*

I can't imagine how such a thing would be possible, unless the individual apps offered direct support for it. It's kinda like asking if there's a way to create a shortcut into a particular screen of an app. The operating system can't possibly know about the internal workings of the app, so no. If the app itself can generate a shortcut to export to your desktop, that would be the only possible way (Android apps could feasibly do this, if the app author took the time to implement it. Under iOS, I don't know if such a thing is possible -- that is, apps generating shortcut icons.)

So basically, I would find whichever app seems to have a forum or a direct line to the developer and ask him for a way to do it, then see if he has an answer that's applicable to the others.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:28 am 

In Android i've been able to use a file browser and drag the individual files to the homescreen to play on their app (I have my Playstation emulator games directly booting this way).. Doubt apple can do that, but if they have a file browser thats what i would try.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:46 pm 

I think that if the files are in their own apps then he is shit out of luck. Otherwise you could just use ePub.