The Purge

PvP for People Who Aren't Asshats
It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:34 am 

First, "I read that whole post you said applicants should read."

Second, I was playing PvP for the first time in ESO and ran into KillingFrenzy and some others laying ambushes. I thought that was exactly my style of play, as opposed to the guys that were just running straight at the enemy and attacking, so I asked if I could join him while I got my bearings.

He was nice enough to not only let me follow them around, he let me join their group and get on Teamspeak. I stuck around for a few hours and overall felt really really bad that I was only level 15.

But it was fun, and I'd like to join the guild. I'm 30, married (no kids yet, but when they come, they will be given a sword and helmet in the hospital) and enjoy playing ESO with my wife (she is actually more into it than I am). I work full time but spend evenings play ESO.

Let me know if there is anything else you need me to do. KillingFrenzy recommended I go here if I wanted to join, but isn't an official sponsor or anything. There were about 12 in the group with me, but I don't remember anyone else's name.

Cheatingdeath23
Main character: Cyvim

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:50 pm 
Officer

Didn't spend a ton of time with him, but seemed like a decent guy. The more the merrier.

Burnt to a crisp.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:19 am 
Officer

I was in that group - Cyvim seemed like a pretty good guy, didn't sweat deaths. I would have no problem with him running with us again.

"Consensus: The process of abandoning all beliefs, principles, values, and policies in search of something in which no one believes, but to which no one objects; the process of avoiding the very issues that have to be solved, merely because you cannot get agreement on the way ahead." -Margaret Thatcher

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:17 am 

Thanks guys. I've stocked up on Grand Soul gems now so I can revive people next time.

Let me know what I need to do going forward, please.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:23 am 
Officer

Keep an eye out for us and run with us a bit more - let us get to know you better and let yourself get to know us better.

"Consensus: The process of abandoning all beliefs, principles, values, and policies in search of something in which no one believes, but to which no one objects; the process of avoiding the very issues that have to be solved, merely because you cannot get agreement on the way ahead." -Margaret Thatcher

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:26 am 

Zirak wrote:
Keep an eye out for us and run with us a bit more - let us get to know you better and let yourself get to know us better.

Sounds good, but where do I find you in game? Or should I go on the Teamspeak channel and ask where you are in game?

I enjoyed playing in the group and knowing what was going on... I've played PvP a few times since but even when grouped up in game, it was a disorganized mess. I preferred going out on my own, but I'm too low level for that to be effective.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:01 pm 
Officer

Yeah, you have our TS information - feel free to drop in and see what we are up to.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:08 am 

Join us in Teamspeak. I promise no end of mad hawt cyborz.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:11 am 

Riz wrote:

Will do. Last night I tried to get into Cyrodiil (between 10PM and 11PM EST) and I was stuck on the loading screen for 10 minutes each time, so I quit. [Queued up for my campaign, got the invite and when I tried to join it stayed on loading screen]

Does it normally take that long, or was I bugged?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:24 am 
Officer

There is something wonky with getting into Cyrodill sometimes. If you are stuck looking at a loading screen for more than like 30 seconds then just close the client with Alt-F4 and try again. It can sometimes take several attempts but you should eventually get in.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:34 am 

Cheatingdeath23 wrote:
Riz wrote:

Will do. Last night I tried to get into Cyrodiil (between 10PM and 11PM EST) and I was stuck on the loading screen for 10 minutes each time, so I quit. [Queued up for my campaign, got the invite and when I tried to join it stayed on loading screen]

Still make sure you try and join up on Teamspeak as well even if not PVP'ing. Can usually find someone on to chat and get to know. Just try and avoid Skelas...

WoW - Rallick/Mootendo - The Purge
EQ - Nintelten <Defiant>

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:42 am 

Rallick wrote:
Cheatingdeath23 wrote:
Riz wrote:

Still make sure you try and join up on Teamspeak as well even if not PVP'ing. Can usually find someone on to chat and get to know. Just try and avoid Skelas...

Be sure and think of the dumbest question you can think of and ask Diggles about it.

Naval Action: Arsilon - Spain (PVP1), France (PVP2)
EQII: Arsilon - Wizard, Thalena - Fury, Ulrok - Berserker, Valience - Dirge, Ashlyn - Ranger
Elder Scrolls Online: Thalena - Templar, Arsilon - Dragonknight
GW2: Thalena - Elementalist
Rift: Arsilonne - Warrior, Arathon - Mage, Valience - Cleric, Arrienne - Rogue
Aion: Thalena, Arsilon
APB: Arsilon - Enforcer, Thalena - Criminal
EVE: Arsilon
Global Agenda: Thalena
POTBS: [British] Arsilon Gunn, Thalena Biggs, Amazing Mumford
Star Trek Online: Ar'silon - Klingon, Thalena - Federation
WAR: Arsilon, Valience, Thalena
WW2OL: Arsilon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:10 am 
Hail to the King

Welcome aboard!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:19 am 

Slamz wrote:
Welcome aboard!

Sweet, thanks. I look forward to playing with you guys some more, although I need to keep leveling up so I don't get owned as much.