Headset...was it the Logitech G35?
Oh my god Diggles you play with non-surround sound headphones? No 5.1? What is this, 1982? Why don't you just use Walkman ear buds! Maybe pay an illegal immigrant to follow you around in cRPG with a second monitor and a pair of coconuts he can clap together behind your head so you know where the horses are coming from!

No, really, though, I like the 5.1 headsets. They do make a difference in telling where things are. Not as good as physical surround-sound speakers but noticeably better than plain stereo. If you do have some money to burn, I would definitely get some sort of 5.1 surround sound setup as a gamer. There are some pretty decent surround sound speaker systems that are alright for gaming (you don't need the expensive stuff, like for TVs, because you don't need a receiver and you don't need that much wattage).

Once you go 5.1, you can't go back down to stereo. These days even plain on-board sound chips support 5.1 or 7.1. Just need something to plug into em. (Although the Logitech headset is USB so doesn't need a sound card at all.)

Messages In This Thread