New Rig
Any thoughts?

Workstation/Gaming PC Package - (Black/AirFlow/RGB) 

● Corsair Obsidian 1000D (SuperTower) Case w/Commander Pro 
● Intel i9-10900k 10-Core/20-Threads CPU up to 5.3Ghz Unlocked 
● Z490 Chipset MSI MPG Gaming Edge Motherboard 
● Corsair iCUE AIO CPU Liquid Cooling Solution 
● Nvidia RTX3070 Graphics Card 8GB 
● 64GB (2x32GB) DDR4 3200 C16 (Dual Channel) Memory 
● 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD Drive (Main) 
● 4TB 2.5” SSD Storage Drive (Secondary) 
● 850W 80+ Gold certified Power Supply 
● Integrated WiFi 6, Bluetooth v5 & USB 3.2 Gen 2 Ready 
● Windows 10 Professional x64
Are you going to be overclocking it?
A-LA-BA-MA MAN!
HE'S QUICK, HE'S STRONG, HE'S ACTIVE!
You can take Alabama Man to the bowling alley, where he drinks heavily and chews tobacco!
HE CAN BOWL, HE CAN DRINK, HE CAN DRINK SOME MORE, ALA-BA-MA-MAN!
When wife asks him where he's been, just use the action button and Alabama Man busts her lip open!
"Shut up, Bitch!"
"Wow!"
BEATS HIS WIFE AND SLEEPS IT OFF, A-LA-BA-MA MAN!
Not really but I have had some games starting to give me serious cooling problems. Especially how hard drives work today. Plus, I see that becoming more the norm with new games coming out. I may not be able to afford a new rig in 4 years.
I am a bit concerned that a liquid cooling system may require more operational maintenance and that it may be more fiddly than just blowing dust out of fans and heatsinks. That may be a non-issue if that "AIO" solution is also designed for easy (or no) maintenance.

Aside from that it looks like a solid system. Should last for years without any trouble aside from fan bearings occasionally going bad or the PSU dying. Not counting Win10 shooting itself in the foot via updates.
New World: Snowreap
Life is Feudal: Snowreap Iggles, Taralin Iggles, Preyz Iggles
Naval Action: Taralin Snow, Snowy Iggles
EQ2: Snowreap, Yellowtail, Taralin, Disruption, Preyz, Taralynne, Snowy, Snowz
ESO: Snowreap, Yellowtail
PS2: Snowreap
GW2: Snowreap, Yellowtail, Preyz, Taralin, Taralynne
RIFT: Snowreap, Yellowtail, Preyz, Taralin, Snowy
PotBS (British): Taralin Snow, Taralynne Snow, Snowy Iggles, Edward Snow
PotBS (Pirate): Taralin Snowden, Taralynne Snowden, Redshirt Snowden
WW2O: Snowreap
WAR: Snowreap, Preyz, Lbz, Leadz, Snowz, Taralin, Snowmeltz, Yellowtail, Snowbankz
APB: Snowreap, Sentenza
STO: Snowreap@Snowreap, Snowz@Snowreap
AoC: Yellowtail, Snowreap, Snowstorm, Redshirt
WoW (Horde): Snowreap, Savagery, Baelzenun, Wickedwendy, Taralin, Disruption, Scrouge, Bette
WoW (Alliance): Yellowtail, Wickedwendy, Snowreap
AC1: Snowstorm, Yellowtail, Shirt Ninja, Redshirt
I'd go for it, including the cooling. I guess in theory the fear of liquid cooling is if the pump ever breaks then there goes your CPU but I'm not sure it's any riskier than a CPU fan failure on a conventional setup. And the liquid cooling really is way better and does open up overclocking as an easy option later if you choose. There's no maintenance to them beyond the usual dust because it's just a closed loop system anyway.

The last rig I bought was one of those nice pre-built machines and the cooling it came with was utterly insufficient. I upgraded it to a larger heatsink and fan because the case doesn't really have a place for a liquid cooling setup but my previous case and previous setup (with a liquid cooling system) was great and I actually got a lot more life out of it because I could overclock it with no heat problems. Next rig, I'm paying a lot more attention to the case and making sure liquid cooling is in there.

Good call on 64 GB RAM too. I think 32 GB has come to be the new minimum. I'm not sure but I suspect with higher end graphics cards and just game engines in general doing more, they try to keep a whole lot more in memory than they used to and 16 GB means you're just stressing your Windows paging file that much more.
(08-10-2021, 11:06 AM)Slamz Wrote: Good call on 64 GB RAM too. I think 32 GB has come to be the new minimum. I'm not sure but I suspect with higher end graphics cards and just game engines in general doing more, they try to keep a whole lot more in memory than they used to and 16 GB means you're just stressing your Windows paging file that much more.
Issue I'm having, although once I made the tweaks you mentioned in the Crowfall threads, I haven't had many issues other than slightly slower zone loading times.
I don't own kid gloves.

Steam Friend Code : 1636490
Other than a component becoming obsolete the most common failure of PC's are always heat related. More so now than anytime in the past. I don't see in the future anyway around liquid cooled towers. While still cutting edge and expensive my gut is telling me if I want more than 5 years out of a rig liquid is the way to go. Fans are still fans but the sole reliance on them just will not work in my opinion with current components. It may take less than 10 seconds of fan failure before you burn these new CPU's out.

You could run a lot of fans with some towers that run like 6 but the noise index goes way up as well as the power requirements which adds more heat.

The idea I think is to run a combination of fans and liquid so you have good heat management and if something goes wrong it doesn't immediately burn something out. At the very least you have time to react.
Modern liquid cooling is nothing like the old school liquid cooling. It is an all in one system. Computers have an automatic shut off which turns everything off once the CPU reaches a set temperature. 

You could go AMD and get a 12 core processor at the same clock speed for around $30 cheaper. 
https://www.newegg.com/amd-ryzen-9-5900x...6819113664

I always like ASUS motherboards. But here is the MSI AMD socket of essentially the same motherboard.
https://www.newegg.com/msi-mpg-x570-gami...6813144261

What company will be putting this together?
A-LA-BA-MA MAN!
You can take Alabama Man to the bowling alley, where he drinks heavily and chews tobacco!
When wife asks him where he's been, just use the action button and Alabama Man busts her lip open!
"Shut up, Bitch!"
"Wow!"
(08-10-2021, 05:23 PM)Zouji Wrote: What company will be putting this together?

I have a local company that have built rigs for me before. I get a very long guarantee and free maintenance.
Free maintenance even after you drop it in the snow?

Too many games to fit in signature....
(08-10-2021, 07:13 PM)Arsilon Wrote: Free maintenance even after you drop it in the snow?

Well... that one I had to pay for. 

I didn't drop it in the snow, I slipped on the ice and fell in the snow while it through up in the air in slow motion as it fell in my driveway splitting in many pieces. 

.........still the best rig I ever had even post drop.
(08-09-2021, 08:06 PM)Vllad Wrote: Any thoughts?

Hmm, I might have over done it. The build above is too heavy for me to lift. I can't get it out of the truck. I may have not read the dim's correctly, the tower is WAY bigger than I expected. I thought it was 27" x 27", however with all of the glass hardware it is close to 32". The case by itself weighed 65 lbs but now assembled it is over 100 lbs. 

I didn't really think about how long of cords I am going to need to run a super tower. 

I didn't think this through.
(10-18-2021, 01:24 PM)Vllad Wrote:
(08-09-2021, 08:06 PM)Vllad Wrote: Any thoughts?

Hmm, I might have over done it. The build above is too heavy for me to lift. I can't get it out of the truck. I may have not read the dim's correctly, the tower is WAY bigger than I expected. I thought it was 27" x 27", however with all of the glass hardware it is close to 32". The case by itself weighed 65 lbs but now assembled it is over 100 lbs. 

I didn't really think about how long of cords I am going to need to run a super tower. 

I didn't think this through.
HAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAH!  
Damn, 27"x27" is freaking huge....  my new PC is HUGE and it's only like 15" x 15"

I'd be curious to see pictures once you get it set up... seems a lot of wasted space to need a tower that large.  Mine has a ton of space in it(granted, my new PC doesn't have Dvd/BlueRay/CD Rom drives, or anything like that.
I don't own kid gloves.

Congrats Vlad. You now know what if feels like to be cat that hopped into a stack of boxes that is currently in the process of falling over. Also a cat that just popped a water balloon.
A-LA-BA-MA MAN!
"Shut up, Bitch!"
"Wow!"
Waiting on pictures of this beast! Congratulations! The specs look amazing!!!!

Did you get DVD/BluRay etc drives? Just curious if those are even really a thing anymore on new computers.

My case doesn't even have slots for them... looks like a lot of the newer cases have that area used for Fans and such.
I don't own kid gloves.

Also, is everything liquid cooled on yours Vllad? On mine the liquid cooling is just the processor, everything else is fan cooled. I looked up some pictures of the case you got and it looks like the liquid cooling may go to the video card as well which would be cool. When I was building mine, there was only like 1 video card that had that option and it was a pretty big expense to do so.
I don't own kid gloves.

(10-20-2021, 12:00 PM)strife Wrote: Also, is everything liquid cooled on yours Vllad?  On mine the liquid cooling is just the processor, everything else is fan cooled.  I looked up some pictures of the case you got and it looks like the liquid cooling may go to the video card as well which would be cool. When I was building mine, there was only like 1 video card that had that option and it was a pretty big expense to do so.

Yea the whole thing is liquid and fan cooled. 

That is the one thing I went overboard on since I live in a cold weather town and the heat in the house runs for over 6 month's a year. I have noticed since I moved to Buffalo in 06 that over heating is more relevant since my California or Georgia days.

.zip   com- 3.zip (Size: 3.04 MB / Downloads: 10)

That is a 64 oz cup and a 40" screen with my old tower next to it. I will add some more pictures with a mouse or something to put it in perspective. Total weight, 164 lbs.
Two more.

Attached Files
.zip   com- 2.zip (Size: 2.89 MB / Downloads: 10)
.zip   com-1.zip (Size: 2.9 MB / Downloads: 5)
(10-21-2021, 05:12 PM)Vllad Wrote: That is a 64 oz cup and a 40" screen with my old tower next to it. I will add some more pictures with a mouse or something to put it in perspective. Total weight, 164 lbs.

Jesus Christ. What did they do fill it full of rocks? 

I assume all the extra weight is liquid cooling, but that would be like 50-60+ lbs. of liquid cooling weight. 

Also your computer weighs more than me.
A-LA-BA-MA MAN!
"Shut up, Bitch!"
"Wow!"
Damn Vllad, things a beast. Makes your Motherboard look tiny. You have room for another computer in there.
I don't own kid gloves.

If it's liquid cooled, why do you need such a big case? All that space for airflow isn't really as useful, is it?

We are waiting in anticipation to see you turn it on and try it out. What a beautiful machine! *drools

With all that memory we'll make you start hosting the tabletop sessions.