08-04-2013, 09:53 PM
Yeah, I do think social networking is not only here to stay, but will be even more pervasive with newer technology, and Facebook is in a good position to be THE social network of the future.
But as you say, it's their game to lose, just like Yahoo, AOL and MySpace. There's nothing really substantial that I can see holding them in their position of power. They do have momentum, though, and I think that counts for more as more people use the service for long periods of time -- they don't want to redo all their connections even if a newer, better service pops up.
I might have said the same thing about MySpace once too, though. Facebook is another stock I could see either going to outer space or $1 pretty much at any time.
But as you say, it's their game to lose, just like Yahoo, AOL and MySpace. There's nothing really substantial that I can see holding them in their position of power. They do have momentum, though, and I think that counts for more as more people use the service for long periods of time -- they don't want to redo all their connections even if a newer, better service pops up.
I might have said the same thing about MySpace once too, though. Facebook is another stock I could see either going to outer space or $1 pretty much at any time.
