We'll soon all be Cyborgs
Vanraw Wrote:I think so dustie. though it might be like 2 thousand years from now. Look at the Aztec and Mayan as well as Egypt monuments.

A friend of mine wrote a short story about aliens coming to a uninhbaited earth like 10k years in the future that took this approach. One thing made me laugh was the aliens view on our highway system. It was obviously an archaic sporting event in which we would chase small creatures around and try to smash them with our mechanical devices.

As we know now from that show that shows what would happen to Earth if all humans were gone pretty much everything built by man (buildings, bridges, roads) is almost completely gone, as in no trace what so ever, in just a couple thousand years. Things like roads disappear under the soil and vegetation in just a matter of years.
"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state.
-Thomas Jefferson

Spread my work ethic not my wealth.

Messages In This Thread