Twine ... This is cool.
This is a serious cool idea.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/supermechanical/twine-listen-to-your-world-talk-to-the-internet?ref=NewsDec0911&utm_campaign=Dec09&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter">http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sup ... newsletter</a><!-- m -->
Maul, the Bashing Shamie

"If you want to change the world, be that change."
--Gandhi

[Image: maull2.gif]
That is pretty cool - I wonder how I can convince my wife we need one? Smile I don't think she's going to go for spending $125 just to detect if the basement is flooding while we're on vacation...

I think that has to be the most successful Kickstarter I've seen - $260,064 pledged of an original $35,000 goal!

(Man, it's really ugly, though. They need to get Jonny Ive involved!)
Ex SWG, L2, CoH, Wow, and War
Currently PvPing in the stock market
They couldn't make it rounded or attractive. Apple would sue them.
Slamz Wrote:They couldn't make it rounded or attractive. Apple would sue them.

They also couldn't find a cool name since Lucas apparently has a patten on common english words.

Vllad
Yea name and look are meh, but remember we are talking about engineers. If we open a fried chicken place we would call it HDC "Hot Dead Chickens".
Maul, the Bashing Shamie

--Gandhi

Vanraw Wrote:Yea name and look are meh, but remember we are talking about engineers. If we open a fried chicken place we would call it HDC "Hot Dead Chickens".
I want to eat at that restaurant!
Zirak / Thanoslug in lots of MMOs
[Image: homicidal.jpg]
"Consensus: The process of abandoning all beliefs, principles, values, and policies in search of something in which no one believes, but to which no one objects; the process of avoiding the very issues that have to be solved, merely because you cannot get agreement on the way ahead." -Margaret Thatcher
Slamz Wrote:They couldn't make it rounded or attractive. Apple would sue them.

But the name of the product ends with an 'e', just like Apple. Clearly an attempt to infringe on Apple's unmatched creativity... I forsee this quickly passed on from their photoshop division to their legal group..

Man I should have gone through with Law School and worked for Apple's legal division, that well of employment aint going to dry up any time soon..
I dont think shape and name matter. Last time I checked doesnt Apple have a copyright on cool ideas?
Maul, the Bashing Shamie

--Gandhi

Vanraw Wrote:Last time I checked doesnt Apple have a copyright on cool ideas?
Are you asking us, or Apple?

I'm sure they have a patent for that. "A COOL IDEA. IN THIS PATENT, WE HAVE A COOL IDEA. IT IS OURS. YOU CAN TELL IT IS OURS BECAUSE IT IS COOL."

(It would probably get upheld by German courts.)
For Christmas, I'm going to you guys some therapy sessions to try to help you move past your deep-seated issues with Apple...

Or I'll just get you some Apple stock, so you'll start being happy when they win court cases.
Grieve Wrote:Or I'll just get you some Apple stock, so you'll start being happy when they win court cases.

About 500 dollars worth I reckon....
Jakensama Wrote:About 500 dollars worth I reckon....
Hopefully by the time I win our bet, that won't even buy one share... Wink
Grieve Wrote:
Jakensama Wrote:About 500 dollars worth I reckon....
Hopefully by the time I win our bet, that won't even buy one share... Wink

High hopes. Wink
Fretty
Guild Wars 2: Fretty The Charming - Mesmer(currently inactive)
Rift: Nico - Cleric Extraordinaire // Fretty - Radical Rogue(currently inactive)
Eve: Fret V2 - EW Master of the Universe (currently inactive)
Your head, my lap. 'Nuff said.