Iowa
I absolutly hate this time in Iowa. But the press and such is being idiots. Watch it and learn biotches.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLZZ6JD0g9Y[/youtube]
Maul, the Bashing Shamie

"If you want to change the world, be that change."
--Gandhi

[Image: maull2.gif]
FYI, you guys have no idea the price we Iowans pay for this first-in-the-nation caucus status; Our holiday season has been cram-jammed with non-stop robo calls at all hours of the day/night, 5 minutes of political ads on TV for every 5 minutes of programming, candidates stumping in every cafe and town hall, and newspapers full of photos, articles and letters to the editor. Thankfully, tomorrow they all move on to New Hampshire and we'll have a little peace.
Maul, the Bashing Shamie

--Gandhi

Well it does sound like a lot of local businesses reap the rewards. I wish our station had wall to wall political ads, maybe we'd have a bigger engineering budget. Wink
Vanraw Wrote:FYI, you guys have no idea the price we Iowans pay for this first-in-the-nation caucus status;

Truly not fair, its bad enough that you have to live in Iowa in the first place!
I did some work at the University of Iowa's tv station a decade ago. At the end of the day, their chief engineer said to me, "I'll take you to a great restaurant tonight." 15 minutes later, we pulled into a Red Lobster.
I went to debate camp there (yeah I wasnt a dork), even at 16 i pitied the students...
Breand Wrote:I did some work at the University of Iowa's tv station a decade ago. At the end of the day, their chief engineer said to me, "I'll take you to a great restaurant tonight." 15 minutes later, we pulled into a Red Lobster.

You know we dont grow them their lobsters here in Iowa. Thats imported food. ....

If your ever here in the Iowa City, Cedar Rapids area, let me know. We have some culture.....
Maul, the Bashing Shamie

--Gandhi

Vanraw Wrote:You know we dont grow them their lobsters here in Iowa. Thats imported food. ....

If your ever here in the Iowa City, Cedar Rapids area, let me know. We have some cultures... of cheese that we received from Wisconsin.

Fixed
A-LA-BA-MA MAN!
HE'S QUICK, HE'S STRONG, HE'S ACTIVE!
You can take Alabama Man to the bowling alley, where he drinks heavily and chews tobacco!
HE CAN BOWL, HE CAN DRINK, HE CAN DRINK SOME MORE, ALA-BA-MA-MAN!
When wife asks him where he's been, just use the action button and Alabama Man busts her lip open!
"Shut up, Bitch!"
"Wow!"
BEATS HIS WIFE AND SLEEPS IT OFF, A-LA-BA-MA MAN!
One of the absolute best things about Iowa, is its not Texas, Or Wisconsin, or New York, a shit lets just clump the east coast and teh west coast in there. Ill take back the Wisconsin.
Maul, the Bashing Shamie

--Gandhi

no reason why same state should hold primaries first every year. Sorry but some bible beating farm town state has no bearing on the American democracy. Order should be randomly selected EVERY time. Get to know other states and their views

tell me again why the media pays attention to Iowa, other than the fact that their first? Its not like Ohio or Pennslyvia that have actually predicted/decided winners on a regular basis
[should not have shot the dolphin]
I can care less about first in nation, but I do care when i hear completly ignorant statements about iowa like

"Bible beating farm town state "

Thats the purpose of the video.
Maul, the Bashing Shamie

--Gandhi

Vanraw Wrote:One of the absolute best things about Iowa, is its not Texas, Or Wisconsin, or New York, a shit lets just clump the east coast and teh west coast in there. Ill take back the Wisconsin.

Yeah, every day i wake up in NYC wishing it was flyover country.

You are right that 99% of Texas (i.e. everything not Austin), all of Wisconsin, and everything in New York State that isn't the city sucks too though.... Actually there are only two cities worth living in in this stupid country...
Vanraw Wrote:I can care less about first in nation, but I do care when i hear completly ignorant statements about iowa like

"Bible beating farm town state "

Thats the purpose of the video.
At least not everyone in Iowa goes to work on a horse(if not obvious, was a reference to TX)...
Vanraw Wrote:One of the absolute best things about Iowa, is its not Texas
HEY!!!

They video was slightly comical... But everything I needed to know about Iowa I learned in Field of Dreams Wink

I do find it pretty stupid how much attention it's getting... I mean, Bachmann just dropped out, Perry is probably dropping out due to poor results in 1 state(or at least partially due to that), Paul now thinks he has a chance....
I don't own kid gloves.

Steam Friend Code : 1636490
Strife Wrote:I do find it pretty stupid how much attention it's getting... I mean, Bachmann just dropped out, Perry is probably dropping out due to poor results in 1 state(or at least partially due to that), Paul now thinks he has a chance....

Yea the thing that is interesting is less then 3% of registered republicans in iowa partcipated.

I do like the influx of money, but glad to see all the bozos go home for 3 months.
Maul, the Bashing Shamie

--Gandhi