Stanley Cup
We're at the semifinals! Devils, Rangers, Flyers, Kings, Blues, Predators, and Coyotes. Body checks, amazing saves, great goals, over time! All the great stuff that hockey fans love. I am a Devil's fan Broduer, Elias, Sykora, Kovalchuk, etc.... Go DEVILS!
wibbly wobbly timey wimey
Pshaw, Ice Soccer..

I guess since I am a NYCer now I have to go for the Rangers... As long as Dallas isnt in it I am happy.
Even though I live in St. Louis, I dont give a shit about the blues. Buts its pretty unbelievable the difference a GOOD coach made. Hes taken them from noobie laughing stock to playoff worthy in less than a year
[should not have shot the dolphin]
What have the Stars done to earn your ire Jakensama? Also how long has it been since Blues have won a stanley cup?
Noticed you left out the Caps... they did take out the B's you know!

So far the playoffs have been fun to watch. Lots of close games, great plays, and hits.
I'm a huge Pens fan, so I'm pretty disappointed. Pulling for Nashville now, but as long as the Caps or Flyers don't win, i'll be okay.
I don't own kid gloves.

Steam Friend Code : 1636490
Shinigami Wrote:What have the Stars done to earn your ire Jakensama?

They are from Dallas, I am from Houston - I am morally obligated to hate every team that comes from there. The only way I could root for a team from Dallas would be if they were playing a team from Boston.
I also hate the Stars since they should be the fucking NORTH STARS.

Can't believe they let them keep the name.
Skelas

Burnt to a crisp.
Jakensama Wrote:
Shinigami Wrote:What have the Stars done to earn your ire Jakensama?

They are from Dallas, I am from Houston - I am morally obligated to hate every team that comes from there. The only way I could root for a team from Dallas would be if they were playing a team from Boston.

Meh... I'm from Houston and consider the stars my 2nd favorite team... albeit, a very distant 2nd. I don't have any ire towards Dallas or any of the Texas sports cities(am a Texans fan first, followed by a Cowboys). I would rather root for a Texas team over a team from another state(except for the Pens, as I grew up watching them before Texas had a hockey team).

I think all the Houston vs Dallas hate is just envy Smile
I don't own kid gloves.

It warms the heart to see so many hockey fans. I understand the hate for Dallas it mirrors the hatred I fuel for the Rangers. As a Devils fan it is nearly a commandment to scorn and despise them. Also no love for caps myself. Why the hate for Boston? My bad on the Caps second team I hate more than the Rangers.
Skelas Wrote:I also hate the Stars since they should be the fucking NORTH STARS.

Can't believe they let them keep the name.

Texas = Lone Star state, duh

For the first several years they actually sold out every game. I think Mike Madano's retirement game was probably a good reflection of the loyalty their team earned from fans. Its a great club, and I love how people hate them heh.
[should not have shot the dolphin]
Strife Wrote:Meh... I'm from Houston and consider the stars my 2nd favorite team... albeit, a very distant 2nd. I don't have any ire towards Dallas or any of the Texas sports cities(am a Texans fan first, followed by a Cowboys). I would rather root for a Texas team over a team from another state(except for the Pens, as I grew up watching them before Texas had a hockey team).

Dude, you can't be a fucking fan of both the Texans and the Cowboys, its like saying "I like the Giants but the Jets are okay too". You pick one or the other.

As for envy towards Dallas... not sure what there is to be envious of... Gee, I would love to live in a city which is filled with credit card millionaires and is a culinary wasteland. I would probably shoot myself if I had to live in either city again, but at least in Houston I would have some good food to distract my impending suicide.. Seriously, i've been to every habitated continent and dallas' food ranks up there with Botswana...

On a different note, the Texans are predicted to be the #2 team in the AFC - our D is powerful and it should be a fun year barring any more injuries (although with a 3rd string QB we still went a round deep into the playoffs and would have been farther if it wasnt for jacoby fucking jones, who is nolonger with us)
Jakensama Wrote:
Strife Wrote:Meh... I'm from Houston and consider the stars my 2nd favorite team... albeit, a very distant 2nd. I don't have any ire towards Dallas or any of the Texas sports cities(am a Texans fan first, followed by a Cowboys). I would rather root for a Texas team over a team from another state(except for the Pens, as I grew up watching them before Texas had a hockey team).

Dude, you can't be a fucking fan of both the Texans and the Cowboys, its like saying "I like the Giants but the Jets are okay too". You pick one or the other.
Why? The Oilers left town and left me with only 1 team in texas to root for so I grew to be more of a Cowboys fan in my late teens, which is when I really got into football. When the Texans started, I wasn't just going to drop all affiliation with the Cowboys. And your comparison would only be true if the Oilers never left Houston, and even then it's still just silly. The whole Houston/Dallas hatred thing is just silly and one sided... Some Houston fans hate Dallas, and Dallas is oblivious to Houston.

Quote:As for envy towards Dallas... not sure what there is to be envious of... Gee, I would love to live in a city which is filled with credit card millionaires and is a culinary wasteland. I would probably shoot myself if I had to live in either city again, but at least in Houston I would have some good food to distract my impending suicide.. Seriously, i've been to every habitated continent and dallas' food ranks up there with Botswana...
Who cares about Dallas as a city. The Mav's have been awesome for a while, the Cowboys(while not lately), have actually won a Super Bowl and are probably the most popular team in Football.

Quote:On a different note, the Texans are predicted to be the #2 team in the AFC - our D is powerful and it should be a fun year barring any more injuries (although with a 3rd string QB we still went a round deep into the playoffs and would have been farther if it wasnt for jacoby fucking jones, who is nolonger with us)
Yep, we should be a force this season if Schaub can stay healthy, and our Defense is good enough to win games even with Yates taking snaps... although, no way we're in the top 3-5 with him as QB.
I don't own kid gloves.

Shinigami Wrote:It warms the heart to see so many hockey fans. I understand the hate for Dallas it mirrors the hatred I fuel for the Rangers. As a Devils fan it is nearly a commandment to scorn and despise them. Also no love for caps myself. Why the hate for Boston? My bad on the Caps second team I hate more than the Rangers.

I don't hate anyone really. However, the Devils earned my dislike a long time ago when they were playing get up a point and play boring ass defense for 3 periods... snore. Since I lived around Caps hockey for a bit growing up, I feel I must pull from them although I'm far from diehard. Since they are usually underdogs (and choke in the playoffs), it works for me and honestly Boston should have beat them but that was a good series to watch.
3-1 game total so far! One more game and just 2 steps away from Stanley Cup! The Kings are pummeling the Blues hope no one is from St. Louis.
I'm pretty happy to see the Flyers getting worked over and breaking down... Giroux will probably get suspended for the next game and the devils will (hopefully) close them out
I don't own kid gloves.

DEVILS TO THE SEMIFINALS! :mrgreen:
I bet Adi's stoked about how well his crush did in game 5 against the devils... oh wait, he was suspended and got to watch his team get knocked out of the playoffs... so sad.... :mrgreen:
I don't own kid gloves.

My team was knocked out long ago, but Giroux is a stud no matter what. I actually think he tallied 14 points vs the lowly Pens.

I guess all I can hope is the Kings win now since they beat the 'Nucks.
Adimenti Wrote:My team was knocked out long ago, but Giroux is a stud no matter what. I actually think he tallied 14 points vs the lowly Pens.
yea, he had a Flyers record for a playoff series or something.
I don't own kid gloves.

Classic Rangers and Devils standoff for the semifinals! This is shaping to be an awesome final!
The number 6 seed (Devils) has never won a conference final.
Well then by sheer probability of wins/losses they have all the more chance to do it this time. Or we can just say cross your fingers and I can only hope that things go differently.
1-1 semifinals! LETS GO DEVILS!
DEVILS TO THE FINALS! Respect for the Rangers they fought valiantly but now it's the L.A. Kings vs. Devils for the win! I want that big shiny trophy. Because as we know nothing beats big and shiny. :mrgreen: