Kakarat ~ Shaman ~ WoW ~
Kakarat ~ Witch Hunter ~ WAR:AoR
Riona ~ Knight of the Blazing Sun ~ WAR:AoR
Kakarat ~ Swashbuckler ~ EQ2 ~ Venekor
Eef Eigten[F-18]~ 60 Aracoix Rogue ~ Shadowbane
Kakarat ~ 60 Ogre Warrior ~ EQ ~ VZ
whoever thinks these are a good idea is stupid, they are annoying as fuck
[should not have shot the dolphin]
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-18895384">http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-18895384</a><!-- m -->

At least the UK judge ruled that they had to post a "we are competition impeding douchebags" notice on their website for 6 months.
The real problem here is the patent offices that are allowing / approving such bull shit patents. Seriously, as long as they are allowing such things, Companies like apple and such will continue to abuse it.

Next up, the color white.
Maul, the Bashing Shamie

"If you want to change the world, be that change."
--Gandhi

[Image: maull2.gif]
I gonna patent the .27 inch slightly lower, slightly to the back, asymmetrical hang on my left nut.
Moristans: err

What the f*** Skelas - I know this is NSFW, but I coudn't watch this at work...

-Orsun
I'm going to patent the emission of visible light.

Also the reflection of visible light, so I can get those eInk Kindles too.
Maul is right, blaming Apple for this is pretty stupid. Blame the system. Trust me, it's far from just Apple getting these patents. My company is putting huge pressure on us to submit patents every quarter, even basing bonuses on it.

Apple has a relatively small number of patents compared to other companies. For example, just in 2010, IBM was granted 5,896 patents, Samsung was granted 4,551, Microsoft was granted 3,094, and Apple? Just 563. They just get all the publicity. Microsoft has been far more successful litigating against Android than Apple, but you never hear about it.

Apart from anything else, the government resources needed to investigate and award all those patents is ridiculous. They need a better way to handle things.

As for Apple, you might say all these little things are stupid, but software is made up of lots of little things. Cases are about 20 or 30 little things grouped into a whole, and then those groups get whittled down.
Ex SWG, L2, CoH, Wow, and War
Currently PvPing in the stock market
Grieve Wrote:Microsoft has been far more successful litigating against Android than Apple, but you never hear about it.

Probably because Bill Gates wasn't on record saying he was willing to piss away all of his stockholders money on a personal vendetta.
Grieve Wrote:Apple has a relatively small number of patents compared to other companies. For example, just in 2010, IBM was granted 5,896 patents, Samsung was granted 4,551, Microsoft was granted 3,094, and Apple? Just 563. They just get all the publicity. Microsoft has been far more successful litigating against Android than Apple, but you never hear about it.

Not really a relevant comparison as Apple has quite a tiny and focused product line compared to the other companies mentioned.
[should not have shot the dolphin]
Grieve Wrote:Maul is right, blaming Apple for this is pretty stupid. Blame the system.
Don't hate tha playa, hate tha game!

On one hand I always feel like those suing for patent infringement are assholes.. on the other hand, if they have a legitimate idea, they should get paid for it.

I don't know patent law by any means, but I'm confused by this.
Quote:The '134 patent claims priority back to 2007 and includes pretty broad coverage on a disappearing vertical scroll bar on portable touch screen devices
I don't own kid gloves.

Steam Friend Code : 1636490
Jakensama Wrote:At least the UK judge ruled that they had to post a "we are competition impeding douchebags" notice on their website for 6 months.
Looks like the notice is finished and has already been leaked...

[Image: 394572_408887235814357_979606795_n.jpg]
Ex SWG, L2, CoH, Wow, and War
Currently PvPing in the stock market