Application for Guild Wars 2
Hello all!

This is my application into The Purge within Guild Wars 2.

I come from a fairly well versed background in single player gaming and in MMO gaming. I feel I would be a good fit for The Purge as I am in my mid thirties, married with a child (four and a half) and love to game but long ago accepted that life will and must always come first. Both for me and others I play with.

To address some of the points I read in the sticky, I have had to play most MMO’s solo causing me to think creatively in an environment that is meant for more than one. But still prefer the company of a group/community, even if my role is support based. I don’t need to be front line action and don’t feel the need to ADHD the experience to death. Such as making a mad dash to 80 or jumping into the action without thinking first.

I do see a slight issue with PvP/WvW preference mentioned in the sticky. I am more of a PvE oriented player. I do enjoy PvP, but I am not very good at it. One aspect of competitive gaming I don’t enjoy is being treated as less of a human being for not having the same level of skill that others may have. That said, I feel, based on what I have read in the sticky, that it wouldn’t be a problem with The Purge. Because I recognize this shortcoming, I am very receptive to receiving instructions rather than spending time trying to assert myself as some douchey alpha dog. With all of that said, I fully intend to participate in PvP/WvW events. Again, I enjoy PvP, I’m just not very good.

I have been instructed to drop names and I have two. Rinndalir and Zouji. I know both in real life and have played with both briefly in Guild Wars, which wasn’t an MMO that appealed to me. Rinndalir is someone I know well and Zouji I know by association with Rinndalir.

If anyone has any questions for me or would like to know more about me, please let me know.

I am looking forward to being part of something bigger than myself as I have been gaming solo for way too long.

Thanks for the time and consideration!
The insulated walls of the Zero Room completely cut it off from the outside universe. It is, in fact, a pocket universe within a TARDIS's Micro-Universe. Zero Rooms are used by Gallifeyans to recover from difficult regenerations.

/dork
zeroroom Wrote:I am not very good at it [PvP].

Pfft, neither is half our guild Tongue
You don't win the Game of Death by dying first. The name is misleading.
Thats comforting to know. :o I actually don't care about winning anymore. I just enjoy the comradery.
The insulated walls of the Zero Room completely cut it off from the outside universe. It is, in fact, a pocket universe within a TARDIS's Micro-Universe. Zero Rooms are used by Gallifeyans to recover from difficult regenerations.

/dork
Welcome aboard!
Awesome! Thank you very much!

/dork