Camelot unchained
Hi everyone! Just wondering who is going to go play Camelot Unchained. Lendryn and I are and we're wondering if we'll have our guild there Smile

Beta starts July 4th!
I will have to check it out!
Women's best makeup are their smiles.
I dunno if I'll play for beta at all. I assume beta will still be very very rough.

Warhammer beta, GW2 beta, etc, were basically completed games and it was a stress test / early showing more than anything else. I believe Camelot Unchained will be more like an Early Access game 1 year prior to release with half the stuff broken.

I did back it in Kickstarter so I have an account but other than signing in to see what's going on I doubt I'll put any real time into it until release or at least much further along than it will be for July.
I have no idea if I will or not. I need to look into it more
I don't own kid gloves.

Steam Friend Code : 1636490
Conceptually it might be "the perfect Purge game":

* MMO
* 3-team realm vs realm game
* Huge maps
* Shifting maps
* Player-made structures with more granularity than Conan or Minecraft
* Destruction via sieges
* No instancing of anything
* PvP focus from top to bottom
* PvE is for resources, not leveling

Combat is WOW style. They have some interesting ideas about spell interaction, i.e. shooting a bolt through a flamewall gives you a flame bolt, but fundamentally it's WOW style combat, probably a little slower paced. Holy trinity.

Things I am dubious about:
* Graphics style and quality. Oh hello 1996, I didn't expect to see you again.
* RvR pacing. Sounds like he's leaning towards "popcorn" sieging, more in line with GW2 pacing. There are good arguments for this but long term I worry it will suffer from Planetside syndrome: by being too fast paced, it means nothing you do today matters tomorrow. There ends up being no long term plan that looks ahead more than about 2 hours. Your character is persistent and you can have long term personal goals but I dunno if there's going to be stuff like Conan Exiles or LIF where we have persistent world goals that we work on for weeks at a time.

And I just worry they may lack the technical oomph to pull it all off. Might be Shadowbane revisited: great ideas, poorly executed.

But it does hit the spot on a lot of fundamental ideas that I think will be fun if they can deliver. The other stuff we'll just have to see.
i think the pace will be slow, because there is open world building, they have voxel cube building stuff
[should not have shot the dolphin]
We think the beta might be rough as well. We're excited about the concept of building, holding your own castles/buildings and pvp though. Sounds like a blast.
Beta 1 starts tomorrow!
Of those that are going to play, what realm are you going to choose?