Conan server 1808 thread
So Doon coons broke in to the gallomans tomb base again last night. Everything in the second floor crafting room is gone, including beds and crafting stations. They broke into the first floor but didn’t destroy anything, just took what was in the stations. My guess is that they’ll be back again tonight. I’d like to be there.
I had a horse, couldn’t get used to maneuvering it. Both my pets got killed in the raid these past two days, no big deal. We have 4 shacklebacks still sitting in a crafting station on the inside. Thought I might put a couple out. Having lunch now. Going to then move anything left of value to crices base. Although by the look of what he has in cupboards, it’s probably not needed.

We are also getting closer to the purge line. I think Purges on a PVP server is a dumb idea. Any big enough clan can defend themselves so it just hurts the little guys.
Reminder that the purges are guild specific.

a) Purges can only spawn on the server at all after a set period of time
b) After that time has elapsed, there will be a check on if any guilds have exceeded the purge trigger line
c) If 1 or more guilds have passed the trigger line, one of those guilds is selected at random.
d) Then if they have built in more than one location, one of their locations is selected at random.
e) Based on that selected location, one of the eligible purge types for that location is selected.

So you can control how quickly you can become a target by how much activity you do as a guild.
You can control what purges you are eligible for by where you build.

Too many games to fit in signature....
(01-26-2020, 12:52 PM)Arsilon Wrote: Reminder that the purges are guild specific.

a) Purges can only spawn on the server at all after a set period of time
b) After that time has elapsed, there will be a check on if any guilds have exceeded the purge trigger line
c) If 1 or more guilds have passed the trigger line, one of those guilds is selected at random.
d) Then if they have built in more than one location, one of their locations is selected at random.
e) Based on that selected location, one of the eligible purge types for that location is selected.

So you can control how quickly you can become a target by how much activity you do as a guild.
You can control what purges you are eligible for by where you build.
 I had made a false wall next to the first floor door and put a ton of valuables in their
[should not have shot the dolphin]
I didn’t get back on this afternoon but will be on this evening, probably 2 hours from now.
If people are still playing on 1808 you should join red shirts long enough to empty my base around the corner. It has 50 dragon powder for explosives, all the thralls and flawless gear. If it all decays I don't care, so either or.

I am playing something else for the time being.

(01-28-2020, 10:26 AM)Crice Wrote: If people are still playing on 1808 you should join red shirts long enough to empty my base around the corner. It has 50 dragon powder for explosives, all the thralls and flawless gear. If it all decays I don't care, so either or.

I am playing something else for the time being.

I found a base that was decayed and got about 6 thralls from it plus tons of mats.  I'm not super serious about this although I'm setting up an open air base with strong points similar to old bat base (without the heat).  Setting up mini pyramids with palisades around them as troll/trap bases then scattering around chests and stations.  Still trying to figure out horse storage as I don't see a good way to do it.

Speaking of horses, the combat on horse is fun as hell.  I killed a scorpion boss using a steel pike and bow at level 37ish.  It took a while but it was super effective.  I still see people running around so soon I'll start PvPing on horseback.
So Crice’s base got broken into by Dune Coons or however they spell it. They didn’t destroy crafting stations, that I know of, so I may still use it. There is 1 box they didn’t break into in a room they did loot so I’m sure they will be back. I took some black ice walls, foundations, ceilings, and a door and made a very small 4x1x1 base with a bed and storage box. I plan to make some stone foundation bases in different areas, upgrade them to reinforced wood, and see how long they last. 2 clans are building in my noob desert area, so couldn’t go back there.
The Purge is all playing Albion online now. Abandon this game and server for now
The clan Them has bases all over the map, that I’ve seen. I’m sure they use the map room to get between bases and not travel that distance. While heading back to my hideout in noob area, I ran across 2 of those large banks(can’t think what they are called) on black ice foundation behind a cliff south of the southern river (in the starting area).
Ya, thats also who raided my base. I think "Them" and "Cereal killers" are the big guys and NAPed. I see a lot of the vaults around too. They are pretty vulnerable to hit and run but the orb mechanics changed so I don't know what's needed.

I've got a hidden spot in a cave that "Them" failed to seal/land claim. Then I'm looking at a safe spot or two in the north. So, I'll probably only scout for the next few days. Reso of Them is a encumberance build so during raid time if you see him and kill him he'll probably have tons of bombs.
Since I haven’t been able to get on for at least 7 days, almost everything of mine decayed (since I build small). And someone killed me, so I’m back to being in the desert naked with nothing. I do still have an incomplete base up north, but there is nothing in it but crafting stations.
I will try Conan with you Dharus once they come out with new maps, if and when that happens.

(02-17-2020, 09:33 PM)AnneWildcat Wrote: Since I haven’t been able to get on for at least 7 days, almost everything of mine decayed (since I build small). And someone killed me, so I’m back to being in the desert naked with nothing. I do still have an incomplete base up north, but there is nothing in it but crafting stations.

You can use the hanging base.  Its got some higher traffic but it has all the basic needs.  I'm about to scout more in the jungle.  I have an idea but I'm not sure it'll work.
PS Anne... I pull the elevator during raid times. There is a spare one in the chest by you or you can take the one on me if needed. Also, I picked up the Pict DLC and Derketo DLC if you want armors from them.
Not sure if I’ll be on before Friday. But if possible can you make me some iron or steel tools and some light or medium armor and put it in a chest. Thank you.
(02-19-2020, 08:39 AM)AnneWildcat Wrote: Not sure if I’ll be on before Friday. But if possible can you make me some iron or steel tools and some light or medium armor and put it in a chest. Thank you.

Sure but I think the mats are available between the two chests.
I enjoy this thread for the lolz.

Thanks Dharus for the tools and clothes! I logged in for a brief time today, collected some iron ore and brimstone. Put the brimstone in the fire bowl cauldron and I think I logged out with the iron ore on me. Will probably be back on later today, but if not, Sunday.
(02-21-2020, 02:01 PM)AnneWildcat Wrote: Thanks Dharus for the tools and clothes! I logged in for a brief time today, collected some iron ore and brimstone. Put the brimstone in the fire bowl cauldron and I think I logged out with the iron ore on me. Will probably be back on later today, but if not, Sunday.

No problem.  I think I just missed ya but I wasn't on long either.  I've been cooking T3 bricks on and off again throughout the week and I setup mini towers on the canopy overlook waypoint in the jungle.  However, I noticed that old Dragon base opened up as did Ghost but I want to try something new.  I'm also realizing that thralls are now no longer a joke which makes those two locations more defensible than before and tempting.  I've avoided being significantly noticed but I suspect the the lull in activity the alphas (which I think are BANG and Them) are going to look to hanging base for sport.  I did find a lot of hidden spots in the jungle that small stash locations could be built.  Making T3 1x1s gives max decay timer too.
Looks like from the log we got purged yesterday. Not sure what base got hit. It was sandstone. I don’t think it was the one I started up north as I didn’t use any ramps.
(02-22-2020, 11:11 AM)AnneWildcat Wrote: Looks like from the log we got purged yesterday. Not sure what base got hit.  It was sandstone. I don’t think it was the one I started up north as I didn’t use any ramps.

I was on when it happened.  It was against hanging base but since there are three different structures nearby I wasn't sure which ones were the target.  They got part of the ramp underneath the base before I killed them (I died too because I got stuck).  The good news is that attached structure to the ramp avoids the Purge from spawning into the hanging base.
Oh crap, got killed by a guy with a good weapon that was camping by the dregs. Lost my tools, weapon, clothes, and my elevator. Luckily I put down a bed in base. I was out farming gators for bone. Thought it was an npc but got killed in 2 hits. Saw before I died it was some real person.
(02-22-2020, 04:43 PM)AnneWildcat Wrote: Oh crap, got killed by a guy with a good weapon that was camping by the dregs. Lost my tools, my clothes, and my elevator. Luckily I put down a bed in base. I was out farming gators for bone. Thought it was an npc but got killed in 2 hits. Saw before I died it was some real person.

Elevators are easy to make.  I think there are extra ones in there as well.  I'm thinking light armor isn't going to be viable with the damage available currently.
Why arent you guys playing Albion with us?