Conan server 1808 thread
I started a post for anyone that is as bored as I am and wants to pvp and break into peoples stuff in Conan. 

I found a few neighbors that were on decay and removed all the items of value. We have explosives cooking all the crafting stations have thralls. 
I only plan on one base this time around, believe it or not. The base near our former bat base and former Hyena base is T3 and tucked away in the mountains. 

Just holler in Global, ignore the trolls.

Diggles and I have a base against a cliff just above that gator cave with brimstone in the south.
ok I will look for it again.

(01-18-2020, 11:20 PM)Crice Wrote: ok I will look for it again.

I havent seen you in TS to get you an invite.  I found your base yesterday while exploring, lol been pretty busy or you got a big load of stuff from someone.

I got killed by a speedhacker last night but didnt lost anything too bad.  Other players in game reminded me of the player list that will show you who is online so you can report'em.
[should not have shot the dolphin]
The last server I was on 1590 it was the same in regards to stuff. I go exploring and always find a base that has decay. I choose to decay the door and empty the place and then decay/destroy the whole building once I am done removing the stuff. I will sit in TS more often.

(01-20-2020, 05:31 PM)Crice Wrote: The last server I was on 1590 it was the same in regards to stuff. I go exploring and always find a base that has decay. I choose to decay the door and empty the place and then decay/destroy the whole building once I am done removing the stuff. I will sit in TS more often.

Good advice.  We should also start using the player list to get an idea of who is in what clan and how many members they have.
What do you think about a base here in the start of the Jungle.  Its basically completely enclosed and you can easily make a 4+ door system (with a air gap without much resources at all.  It wouldnt be super hidden but would require them using alot of resources.  Plus we can spend more resources making a protected storage area or 2 inside that would require double more resources to crack.

https://youtu.be/7JV0blNtKcE?list=PLLrqJ...xjgc&t=697

I plotted it out in single player and could make a video if you wanted to see a rough idea.  I am definitely wanting to use foundations as walls and attach fence foundations on them to armor them even more, plus we can pretty much build and armor this up as we go and add more fortification later.  Plus if the area is not taken we can expand to the upper part and even use it as a decoy or fit a big wheel in it.

I havent checked to see if this location is taken, it very well may be.
(01-20-2020, 10:14 PM)Diggles Wrote:
(01-20-2020, 05:31 PM)Crice Wrote: The last server I was on 1590 it was the same in regards to stuff. I go exploring and always find a base that has decay. I choose to decay the door and empty the place and then decay/destroy the whole building once I am done removing the stuff. I will sit in TS more often.

Good advice.  We should also start using the player list to get an idea of who is in what clan and how many members they have.

I made two build kits T3 black ice & reinforced stone. Feel free to take and setup shop. We also have extra thralls we can move. I hate the desert area where I am at but it has been proven to be a safe spot on multiple servers. I am game with moving anywhere. We have 40 dragon powder atm.

(01-20-2020, 10:21 PM)Diggles Wrote: What do you think about a base here in the start of the Jungle.  Its basically completely enclosed and you can easily make a 4+ door system (with a air gap without much resources at all.  It wouldnt be super hidden but would require them using alot of resources.  Plus we can spend more resources making a protected storage area or 2 inside that would require double more resources to crack.

https://youtu.be/7JV0blNtKcE?list=PLLrqJ...xjgc&t=697

I plotted it out in single player and could make a video if you wanted to see a rough idea.  I am definitely wanting to use foundations as walls and attach fence foundations on them to armor them even more, plus we can pretty much build and armor this up as we go and add more fortification later.  Plus if the area is not taken we can expand to the upper part and even use it as a decoy or fit a big wheel in it.

I havent checked to see if this location is taken, it very well may be.

Jungle sounds good. You can do the design and building, we should have some of what you need already we just gotta move it over there. The base I am at now is 4 levels. What we are missing is named Thralls but not a huge deal as we have all T3's minus the alchemist who is named and a level 1 slave driver.

I am now in Redshirts. If anyone else that PVP's wants to kill time blowing in to peoples buildings and causing havoc please feel free to join us. We are setup so everything is available and we don't have to focus on farming, unless that is what you do.

I got a TaskMaster 1 & 2 in my wheels if you want or need them.  Wow that StarMetal Pick + REsource gather perk makes short work of nodes.  There are almost too many iron nodes in some areas now like near bat base.  I dont want to farm anymore stuff in my base as it isnt all that tough to break into. and pvp'er seem to be a bit more active.

We definitely need a better base area and soon.  I watched several more video on more secure locations, just need to scout to see if they are available.

https://youtu.be/rTwg75tARnM    Jungle hidden wall crack
https://youtu.be/cVuYqKNZjJc    Jungle hidden ceiling
https://youtu.be/jmJPstoGChU    Desert large ceiling
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmnsYhzoYYw  Desert/Noob River alcove/cave storage area (we could probably make this in a day and store reserves here)
I am not very ambitious but if you find a place and say its a good spot I will come support the efforts 110%.
Have you ventured far in the jungle? So many amazing cool looking places to build. You will find that we need to be near a gold source.
You might even like the Volcano?

In regards to the locations above:

Those are certainly secure. Yes to any? I lean towards the jungle or volcano since those are newer places.

Looks like this area is the only one available from nice base videos I watched. I put foundations down to block for now

https://youtu.be/DAMpOpia97M
Crice since you logged outside of base, i took your stuff off and put it in chest near bonfire/thrall wheel
Thanks Diggles. It wasn't my intention on logging outside. I had that fatal crash and couldn't get back in.

I really enjoy the horse.

Not sure how hard vaults are to break into but there are a bunch of vaults just west of the southern tip of the undead city.
Jungle Crack base decay timer is down to 8 hours. If you are on in the morning please check it and destruct and lay foundation blockers.
I logged out on the cliff above it with 11 sandstone foundations on me if you want to grab them.  You may even want to lay them up top since the land claim is a cylinder shape and would affect the cave crack

https://youtu.be/rTwg75tARnM

I think we before we go cracking safes and angering the locals we need a hard to penetrate base first Anne.  I think those ones out in the open should be easily killed by Trebs once we get up and running.  Maybe test it yourself in single player?  What sort of minimum distance do we need and how many shots to kill it?
I was on for a bit last night. You will notice all the crafting stations are now Improved crafting stations. I will see what I can do after work to grab that spot. That places reminds me of that place Arsilon built.

Ok I decayed that guys base and have placed some holders.

I gave in an bought the Seekers Of The Dawn Pack.
I made you an exceptional Katana with advanced damage. It is better than the legendary.

The sword is in the chest next to the black smith. Now we can role-play being samurai warriors. hahaha!

haha nice.  I'll be gone until late Sunday night.

Can you get a gate and drawbridge crafted?
Our base by gallomans tomb in the desert got broken into by Doon Coons. They stole everything from crafting stations in 1 room, including 2 thralls, but didn’t try to get into locked boxes. I replaced the tier two ceilings with basic sandstone ceilings. Tomorrow I might want to move anything that is left over there to Crice’s base.
I'm on the server too and I saw them do it. Two guys using jars on the roof although I don't know if they used orbs. I'm not sure why the didn't bust up the chests if they were really going to raid. I'm guessing they weren't super serious.
We should use the explosives we have, if the T3 didn't get broken into.

So, using the squatter method, I got myself a horse and I must say its a ton of fun riding and shooting arrows/spearing things. Did a Cantabrian circle around several mobs testing it out. Aiming is hard and driving will take practice but the advantage in PvP is clear like LiF (plus archery makes it really powerful). Its possible that heavy armored spear guys might suck but having mobility wins with being an archer.

Gah... sucking me back into it. Much like WW2 online driving and shooting tanks, this is pretty fun too. I might start looking at making a real base.