I forget...why did we discard Albion Online?
P.S.
Don't worry TOO much about the guild island. We have a little shared guild storage there and the personal bank there so it's at least a little useful as-is. I'll mash "upgrade" on any building that can take it but don't feel like you need to rush and gather. It might become more important later, when we start doing PvP, especially if we end up as criminals and can't use the NPC cities anymore but for now it's more of a curiosity.

There's only so much room for crafting stations though I think eventually there's space for it all, that will be some distance away. We need to figure out growing and cooking since that's where NPC upkeep comes from in this game. (When they run out of food, they'll stop working.)

I've been putting spare resources into one chest and spare gear in another. If you see anything you like, grab it. You should consider building up your own spare gear (probably tier 4 or better) in your own bank but a lot of this gear doesn't sell for a ton of money so we might as well work up a stockpile. Btw, if you ever decide to try a new spec, you should just buy the T3 and T4 items before you go out as I found it's really quick to power through low tiers of a new skill and you'll wish you'd brought higher tier with you.

Looks like yellow PvP will start around tier 5 and red at 6, so by tier 6 you'll be in a position to start losing gear.

Looks like Outlands (black zone PvP) begins at tier 5 so once we feel comfortable with T5 content (and spare gear) we could check that out.
For a tank I am not sure how sustainable doing those elite dungeons are given the repair cost.

Well... obviously you don't repair, you just replace but still it would cost 28k to repair from 30% or I can replace the equipment for 16k.

Either way it isn't really sustainable since I only made 6k on the dungeon run.

I did one single green zone, it cost me $1200 to repair for the single run and I made $1480 (no I didn't die). One of the two chest didn't have any loot! I am sure their are some random factors depending on the loot that drops but in general making cash just doing combat I don't think works over the long run.

3 days of trying not to craft and just kill things and I have 3k gold in the bank. It is the weapon repair/replace cost that is a killer. Maces sell for 6k to 8k and they represent 1/3 of the repair cost.

The heavy burden on tanks for repairs I could see driving bad behavior from your tank classes. Either that or you have to be able to freely replace the gear that is lost. That means you need to be able to farm your own shit and actually make your weapons and armor. That is a huge time sink just to tank. Maybe the biggest killer is you get some loot in the dungeon but then die so you can't really sell it until it is all repaired. Once you get loot in your inventory you simply can't die in order to make a profit. You won't make up for it.

So then I decided ok, I will do food, fishing etc. Their are no NPC butchers or cooks in the game so the user cost is insane to use the player owned ones in town which again kills any ability to make cash. So... I am going to have to build my own by building my own island. That means farming up enough cash to afford the 17k. At this rate that is 51 green dungeons solo with no dying, maybe less if you are lucky. Then you need to farm up enough items to get your building down.

When you do the math it just doesn't make sense.

It looks like you are banging on stone or doing whatever everyone else is doing to make cash but combat alone I don't think is an option. That is very disappointing. This is a crafting game with combat thrown in, in order for you to have a reason to craft. I am not opposed to crafting but just so we are clear Albion is all about crafting. The combat is secondary.
I dunno, I made tons of money soloing green shard dungeons. Most of my money comes from these book drops. I forget what they're called but you click the book and it gives you 1000 or 10000 points in your equipped gear. They sell for about 30-35k on the auction house (often the buy orders on these are very close to the sell orders so you can just sell it directly and not lose much).

For gear, I've started doing sell orders now that I realize you don't need to go back to pick up your money:

1) Type in the name (or partial name) of the item you want to sell, e.g., "robe"
2) Select the tier of the item in the filter
3) Switch to the "buy" tab in the market and see what the cheapest one is
4) Switch to the "sell" tab and put a sell order in for something less than the cheapest one

Like if I see tier 4 robes are selling for 5198, I will put mine up for 5000 and it sells pretty quick. If I sold direct I might have only gotten 800 or something.

Basically take all your loot to the market and take the time to "properly" sell it and you'll get a whole lot more money than just dumping it. And beware of using any clickies you find because they might sell for a ton. Granted we might find out later there was a reason to save them but for now the money seems worth it. I think they are highly valued by people trying to quickly retrain in a new area and they'd rather just buy 30 books for a million silver and click them all than grind it out.

I've hit 100k in my personal bank almost 3 times now this way, mostly soloing green shard dungeons. That was how I paid the guild startup fee so quick (which was right around 90k. I got about 10k from Crice but the rest was mine) and the initial guild island (it was just over 100k and I had it on me). I'm back up to about 80k now.
Dungeon:
My measure for success is not dying at all, managing aggro, geared properly, food buffs and knowing what to do or learning quick from failure. Come prepared.

Albion Premium Status:
Spend the $9.99 on the 30d premium with the 1000 gold and horse skin. If you play the game more than a a few days then it seems fair to me. Support the product and developers as a one time fee. $1000 gold = 3 million silver..... just saying.

Market Sales:
Always use Sell Orders, not just sell. The Sell Orders give a low average on the value of the item but it's close enough. Bump up the price a little from Sell Order if you want to be a little greedy like me.

Yeah some of our failures/deaths are from basically powerleveling people. Like last night we probably should have looked for a T3 elite dungeon. Or maybe T5 solo (and run it as a group).

I bet we could blow through T5 solo dungeons with 3-5 of us and make a lot better bank. It may be that the elite dungeons aren't worth it. The loot really doesn't seem like it's any better.
I rode south to the red PVP zone and found people pvping. No traffic from miners, and harvesters that I saw.

(01-28-2020, 10:41 AM)Crice Wrote: That is helpful information Zouj. Thanks. I would be interested in cursed and will be doing some more looking into of Arcane to see if it is really useful or all in my head.
Many items in that sheet from 2018 appear outdated/changed... Still pretty helpful compilation though
[should not have shot the dolphin]
(01-28-2020, 12:39 PM)Slamz Wrote: Yeah some of our failures/deaths are from basically powerleveling people. Like last night we probably should have looked for a T3 elite dungeon. Or maybe T5 solo (and run it as a group).

I bet we could blow through T5 solo dungeons with 3-5 of us and make a lot better bank. It may be that the elite dungeons aren't worth it. The loot really doesn't seem like it's any better.

I think I need to respec to fire, it just makes sense? Maybe frost... although I saw healing and cursed together would be good?

Question: Does this mean I just pickup a cursed staff and work my way back up the tree?

Time for an Albion subforum yet? 

Reddit has an intro post that has tons of stickied posts & videos with lots of good information
https://www.reddit.com/r/albiononline/co...of_albion/

I also found this one about Gathering crafting and Islands
https://www.reddit.com/r/albiononline/co..._question/
[should not have shot the dolphin]
Slamz Wrote:I dunno, I made tons of money soloing green shard dungeons. Most of my money comes from these book drops. I forget what they're called but you click the book and it gives you 1000 or 10000 points in your equipped gear. They sell for about 30-35k on the auction house (often the buy orders on these are very close to the sell orders so you can just sell it directly and not lose much).

What if you don't get any book drops? I did 7 green's last night and got nothing that would sell, in-fact in 4 of those the only thing I received was a single 1000 coin bag. I made a grand total of 3k on all 7 runs. That includes selling in the market.

Granted I was paying for repair cost. I could just run the armor into the ground but right now I wouldn't have enough money to replace it if I did. It is 16k ish to fully replace everything.
Incidentally, Reddit has a lot of complaints about people getting crap loot. Apparently loot used to be too good and was cramming the market so now they are "correcting" the markets by making drops be crap. So says the rumor-mill, anyway.

Thought this was interesting:
https://youtu.be/g82UGyOBojk

Snippet of some group on group PvP fight. Apparently they found each other in a group dungeon (presumably in Outlands). Looked like the video maker's group was smaller but heal heavy. Curious how the whole fight went as it looked like they were severely outnumbered (and two of them ran off to have this fight). I might have to try the Ranger tree healing staff and see how that interacts with the Mage tree heal staff.
Interesting, from Reddit:

Quote:There is a special market in carleon - the black market.

It takes only a subset of gear (armor, weapons, bags, capes) and anything that people put there and only those things (some exceptions like tomes, silver bags are generated by system) end up in PvE loot.

So no gear on black market = no drops.

So it may be that what messed up the economy was actually an influx of new players and not enough people sending stuff to the black market. Bottom feeder glut, basically.

No idea if what he said is true but seems like a neat idea. The system doesn't simply generate loot from thin air. The players have to create them and sell them to the NPCs who then add it to the loot table.
(01-25-2020, 08:47 AM)Arsilon Wrote: Why did we poo poo this way back when again?  Or did we try it and it sucked?  I don't remember.

Grindy and very repetitive. 

The pvp hasn't been very good so far.
Pretty sure it was the grindy. I do think its interesting....but there definitely is some grind involved.

Too many games to fit in signature....
The grindey may be a lot of us doing it wrong though. We probably didn't really need the guild crafting buildings. And now that I'm doing black zone dungeons in tier 4 gear and successfully soloing them for about 3x what I was getting in the blue, I realize I probably could have started that a long time ago too and probably don't even need or want tier 6 gear.

It's like we've been grinding for T2 Battleships in EVE and all we really needed were Kestrels.

A full set of T4 gear + a T3 riding mount is probably about 15k silver. Which you can easily make solo in one black zone dungeon run (I want to say I made quite a bit more than that).

Granted a guy in T8 gear will waste you but if you go out with a group I think group dynamics will matter more (and if you kill him, 1 single piece of his T8 gear will buy you about 5 new complete sets of T4 gear). We've basically been playing Everquest PvE so far. The PvP zone is right there! Time to saddle up and take some risks!

But like most MMORPGs, 1v1 is not the way to go. Classes are not balanced for 1v1 combat and you'll just be the scissors to someone else's rock. The hard part of this game may just be that it's not convenient to get groups together and you need groups.
We kinda need someone in PURGE to say "Let's go do this". I hope that is what you are saying lol.

Definitely get your "affordable" gear sets sorted out because my plan is to stick to Outlands for the foreseeable future.

I mean really you could wear T6 gear and take a good mount if you have enough in the bank that it feels easily replaceable.

You might also turn on "combat looting". There's some option in the settings that disallows looting while you're in combat with the idea being to stop you from accidentally clicking a loot bag when you meant to select a target. I think it's worth changing it so you can loot in combat because in a big PvP fight it's probably worth it sometimes to start grabbing stuff on the ground and make a runner.

I was waiting for the game to naturally direct us to the Outlands but if you do that, you won't go until you need tier 7, which is silly when you can go as soon as you can handle tier 5 dungeons.
I'm pretty sure there is something we're missing. The scaling is exponential not linear as you go up through the tiers. I don't see that being sustainable, even in a pay for premium type model, for a game to have any level of overall player growth.

I have seen people say you can't play this game like you do other games, so this may be part of it. If you think of it, i need to grind up Tier 1 gathering, so I can grind 1 crafting, but then I need to grind tier 1 mobs to get silver to pay for combine costs, it just doesn't work.

Similarly if you look at the amount of silver cost scaling through the tiers vs. the types of things we were doing up to now, it just doesn't scale. I think the idea of just skipping a bunch of this stuff is probably the way to go. Sure you can go gather tier II or tier III mats or whatever if you have 30 minutes to kill -- sell it and that just paid for your next Tier IV or Tier V gear set.

There has to be something to the end game pvp or something that starts to drop exponentially more silver -- the economy can't be sustained solely on people buying gold with RL money and converting it to silver --- again, that in game silver has to be coming from somewhere we haven't seen yet.

Paying for your premium out of ingame silver still seems out of reach, yet there are people that do it in a matter of 2 days....so again, something we're missing or just haven't seen yet.

Too many games to fit in signature....
And for sure Outlands is part of what we've been missing. I can't imagine what tier 8 drops are like. A single tier 8 hat is like 75k at the low end. Tier 8 NPC trash mobs probably drop thousands for 1 kill. But tier 6 isn't exponentially harder than tier 5 so I don't think difficulty ramps up the way rewards do. The game definitely pushes you to skip into higher tiers though it doesn't exactly spell it out for you.

There are also events and so forth that I've not looked into. Like zone-boss mobs, even in the starter continent. Who knows what that's about. They spawn rarely but it's announced on the map. And then there's the factional gameplay where you can take over outposts. No idea what the rewards are.

There's definitely a lot we still haven't tried. I think we're just now poking our noses out of the newbie content.