Speaking of Zombies
There are lots of cool zombie games and movies out although very few have put you in the role of a zombie trying to infect the general populace. What if zombies had varying degrees of intelligence? What if your goal was to create new types of zombie infections and unleash them on people? What if the military and special forces teams tried to stop you? What if scientists and presidents and dictators tried to stop you? You might have more success unleashing your virus on 3rd world populations because of immuno-susceptibility but unleashing it on a 1st world population might disperse the virus globally more quickly.

I don't remember playing or hearing of any games angled from this perspective but it could be really fun. From designing new infections of varying virulence and contagion to unleashing your zombie hordes with strategies from massive waves in highly populated areas to a slow trickle in rural areas. Releasing the virus or zombies in rural areas might give the virus enough time to develop some nasty mutations before it hitches a ride to the slaughterhouse in town on farmer Bill's truck full of chickens before it explodes on the population.

It could be a strategy game or open ended sandbox style game or some combination of a Bioshock/Civilization/DungeonKeeper type of game.

This is a blockbuster in the making!
Caveatum & Blhurr D'Vizhun.
[Image: glarebear_av.gif]
[Image: sterb037.gif]
You control "special" zombies in Left 4 Dead versus mode, and there is an asston of strategy involved, but yeah it's FPS style and not what youre talking about. Cool idea for sure.
Yeah I was aware of that and that's definitely cool too I was just trying to open up the idea a little more and see what we could dream up.
Caveatum & Blhurr D'Vizhun.
[Image: glarebear_av.gif]
[Image: sterb037.gif]
I don't know how you stumbled upon my plan to take over the world using a zombie horde, but clearly I will have to accelerate my timetable for release of the plague agent, even though I admittedly haven't yet perfected the device that allows me to control the zombies.

still, I shall surely work out the last few bugs in the device any day now, and anyway it will take weeks or months for the zombie plague to spread back to the location of my secret lair, so I see no reason not to proceed with the release of the protovirus immediately.

-ken
New World: Snowreap
Life is Feudal: Snowreap Iggles, Taralin Iggles, Preyz Iggles
Naval Action: Taralin Snow, Snowy Iggles
EQ2: Snowreap, Yellowtail, Taralin, Disruption, Preyz, Taralynne, Snowy, Snowz
ESO: Snowreap, Yellowtail
PS2: Snowreap
GW2: Snowreap, Yellowtail, Preyz, Taralin, Taralynne
RIFT: Snowreap, Yellowtail, Preyz, Taralin, Snowy
PotBS (British): Taralin Snow, Taralynne Snow, Snowy Iggles, Edward Snow
PotBS (Pirate): Taralin Snowden, Taralynne Snowden, Redshirt Snowden
WW2O: Snowreap
WAR: Snowreap, Preyz, Lbz, Leadz, Snowz, Taralin, Snowmeltz, Yellowtail, Snowbankz
APB: Snowreap, Sentenza
STO: Snowreap@Snowreap, Snowz@Snowreap
AoC: Yellowtail, Snowreap, Snowstorm, Redshirt
WoW (Horde): Snowreap, Savagery, Baelzenun, Wickedwendy, Taralin, Disruption, Scrouge, Bette
WoW (Alliance): Yellowtail, Wickedwendy, Snowreap
AC1: Snowstorm, Yellowtail, Shirt Ninja, Redshirt
You could even make it a RTS game, have zombies versus humans.
Sounds like a Dungeon Keeper / Evil Genius type of game.

I do wish more games like that would get made. "Zombie Master" sounds like a good new addition. Maybe "Left 4 Dead" will catch on and people will start making more Zombie vs Human games where you can play as either side, or where you simply mastermind the zombies.

There was some console game where you apparently played an alien doing basically that, too.

I could see it as a beautiful mod for a game like Grand Theft Auto. "Grand Zombie Takeover".
Hoofhurr Wrote:varying virulence

That would be one of the neat features. If you're virus is too devastating, you kill the carriers before they can spread it (like Ebola). If it's too weak, then everyone is just running around sneezing.
"Hamilton is really a Colossus to the anti republican party. Without numbers he is an host within himself. They have got themselves into a defile where they might be finished but too much security on the republican part will give time to his talents and indefatigableness to extricate them. We have had only middling performances to oppose to him. In truth when he comes forward there is nobody but yourself who can meet him. His adversaries having begun the attack he has the advantage of answering them and remains unanswered himself. For God's sake take up your pen and give a fundamental reply to Curtius and Camillas" - Thomas Jefferson to James Madison
Also in the Zombie vein...

a couple good books I read recently

"the Zombie survival guide"
"World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War"

both are by Max Brooks and were fun reads. As I understand it the World War Z book is getting made into a movie...
I recently read Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. I may have linked it before, but it's worth linking again.

-ken
WAR: Snowreap, Preyz, Lbz, Leadz, Snowz, Taralin, Snowmeltz, Yellowtail, Snowbankz
WoW (Horde): Snowreap, Savagery, Baelzenun, Wickedwendy, Taralin, Disruption, Scrouge, Bette
This is why a very open ended D&D mmo would be kickass.

You could be a necromancer and be slowly collecting your own army to unleash.
[should not have shot the dolphin]
"zomg, I got banned because the servers all lagged to hell when I unleashed my zombie army; they said it was a ToS violation to disrupt the servers that way."

-ken
Zephyrs Wrote:Also in the Zombie vein...

a couple good books I read recently

"the Zombie survival guide"
"World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War"

both are by Max Brooks and were fun reads. As I understand it the World War Z book is getting made into a movie...

I just read World War Z, REALLY liked it, and you can tell there'll be more.

Interesting lil tidbit I didnt know until my sister told me, Max Brooks is the spawn of Mel Brooks and Anne Bancroft.

And ues WWZ is being made into a movie, and J. Michael Straczynski (Babylon 5 creator and comic book writer) is writing it, which is an awesome choice.
I have no idea whats goin on.
Waeloga-"Flab is my idol"
Check out the Monster Island/Nation/World series. Has brainy zombies they call liches. Basically zombies are stupid due to the lack of oxy to the brain when they turn. So if they happen to be on life support when they turn they end up being just about as smart as they were in life and they are able to control the dumb ones.

Rumor about WWZ is its not going to be about the events in the book but about how the post Z war government puts up barriers to his writing the book. Shrug ill watch it either way i love that shit.

If your an addict like me check out Allthingszombie.com/homepageofthedead and my favorite for fan fic Tales of the zombie war (WWZ page)
Gunldesnapper Krewe GW2
AT1 (AW) Fritsch <retired> USN
The half man!
Zombie Fire Ants

-ken