Army Field Manual 21-76 (Survival, Evasion, amd Recovery)
Does anyone know the location of a released (PDF format) "Army Field for Survival, Evasion, and Recovery" (Army Field Manual 21-76)?

I have the one from 1999. Is that the latest "public release" version?
"Hamilton is really a Colossus to the anti republican party. Without numbers he is an host within himself. They have got themselves into a defile where they might be finished but too much security on the republican part will give time to his talents and indefatigableness to extricate them. We have had only middling performances to oppose to him. In truth when he comes forward there is nobody but yourself who can meet him. His adversaries having begun the attack he has the advantage of answering them and remains unanswered himself. For God's sake take up your pen and give a fundamental reply to Curtius and Camillas" - Thomas Jefferson to James Madison
Dustie Wrote:Does anyone know the location of a released (PDF format) "Army Field for Survival, Evasion, and Recovery" (Army Field Manual 21-76)?

June 1999 is the latest version.
"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state.
-Thomas Jefferson

Spread my work ethic not my wealth.
Check out the Survival forums on AR-15.com. There is alot of good info there.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=10&f=17">http://www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=10&f=17</a><!-- m -->
"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state.
-Thomas Jefferson

Thudz Wrote:
Dustie Wrote:Does anyone know the location of a released (PDF format) "Army Field for Survival, Evasion, and Recovery" (Army Field Manual 21-76)?

June 1999 is the latest version.

Oh. Well that would explain why googling it always leads you to 1999 versions. =)
"Hamilton is really a Colossus to the anti republican party. Without numbers he is an host within himself. They have got themselves into a defile where they might be finished but too much security on the republican part will give time to his talents and indefatigableness to extricate them. We have had only middling performances to oppose to him. In truth when he comes forward there is nobody but yourself who can meet him. His adversaries having begun the attack he has the advantage of answering them and remains unanswered himself. For God's sake take up your pen and give a fundamental reply to Curtius and Camillas" - Thomas Jefferson to James Madison
CB Radios, Field Survival Guides....

You are really starting to worry me Dustie. Next thing you'll be wanting to know is the the shelf life of Twinkies and Ho Hos. Confusedhock:
Moristans: err

What the f*** Skelas - I know this is NSFW, but I coudn't watch this at work...

-Orsun
Thudz, one more thing. What's the shelf life of a ho-ho?
Moristans Wrote:CB Radios, Field Survival Guides....

You are really starting to worry me Dustie. Next thing you'll be wanting to know is the the shelf life of Twinkies and Ho Hos. :shock:

Truth be told, I think we have averted the economic collapse that appeared imminent last fall. My "survival" kit compilation process is almost done though so I thought I'd finish it off. That way, I'm ready for the next near disaster.
Moristans Wrote:shelf life of Twinkies

25 days.
~ The Duskwood Gankster ~
WoW & Beyond: Grizzle / Grizol
EQ/SB: Rafkin / Kriticos / Dudain
grizzle Wrote:
Moristans Wrote:shelf life of Twinkies

25 days.

lol
Dustie Wrote:Thudz, one more thing. What's the shelf life of a ho-ho?

About 2 minutes in my house. I have three kids.

-Thomas Jefferson

Dustie Wrote:

You are really starting to worry me Dustie. Next thing you'll be wanting to know is the the shelf life of Twinkies and Ho Hos. Confusedhock:

Truth be told, I think we have averted the economic collapse that appeared imminent last fall. My "survival" kit compilation process is almost done though so I thought I'd finish it off. That way, I'm ready for the next near disaster.

You should always be prepared for disaster both man made and natural. If you don't prepare you'll just end up trying to take what I've prepared and I have a lot of guns.

-Thomas Jefferson

Thudz Wrote:
Dustie Wrote:

You are really starting to worry me Dustie. Next thing you'll be wanting to know is the the shelf life of Twinkies and Ho Hos. :shock:

You should always be prepared for disaster both man made and natural. If you don't prepare you'll just end up trying to take what I've prepared and I have a lot of guns.

Agreed. The gun is a critical part and I'm working on the Mrs.
Dustie Wrote:
Thudz Wrote:
Dustie Wrote:

Agreed. The gun is a critical part and I'm working on the Mrs.

You need to get her involved. My wife is a gun range addict. She loves shooting. You could also play the sportsman angle. Say you want to get your hunting license or you want to shoot clays.

-Thomas Jefferson

Thudz Wrote:You need to get her involved. My wife is a gun range addict. She loves shooting. You could also play the sportsman angle. Say you want to get your hunting license or you want to shoot clays.

I went shooting clays the other day. I think she might actually like it (but as you know, she can't handle a 12 gage between her 90 lb frame, heart issues, etc). I'm thinking of starting her off with a 410.
don't forget to stock up on Dinty Moore beef stew, and other canned Hormel products.

http://www.hormelfoods.com/faqs.aspx#can4

-ken
New World: Snowreap
Life is Feudal: Snowreap Iggles, Taralin Iggles, Preyz Iggles
Naval Action: Taralin Snow, Snowy Iggles
EQ2: Snowreap, Yellowtail, Taralin, Disruption, Preyz, Taralynne, Snowy, Snowz
ESO: Snowreap, Yellowtail
PS2: Snowreap
GW2: Snowreap, Yellowtail, Preyz, Taralin, Taralynne
RIFT: Snowreap, Yellowtail, Preyz, Taralin, Snowy
PotBS (British): Taralin Snow, Taralynne Snow, Snowy Iggles, Edward Snow
PotBS (Pirate): Taralin Snowden, Taralynne Snowden, Redshirt Snowden
WW2O: Snowreap
WAR: Snowreap, Preyz, Lbz, Leadz, Snowz, Taralin, Snowmeltz, Yellowtail, Snowbankz
APB: Snowreap, Sentenza
STO: Snowreap@Snowreap, Snowz@Snowreap
AoC: Yellowtail, Snowreap, Snowstorm, Redshirt
WoW (Horde): Snowreap, Savagery, Baelzenun, Wickedwendy, Taralin, Disruption, Scrouge, Bette
WoW (Alliance): Yellowtail, Wickedwendy, Snowreap
AC1: Snowstorm, Yellowtail, Shirt Ninja, Redshirt
Snowreap Wrote:don't forget to stock up on Dinty Moore beef stew, and other canned Hormel products.

-ken

Excellent find Snow. I've been looking for that type of info.
Dustie Wrote:
Snowreap Wrote:don't forget to stock up on Dinty Moore beef stew, and other canned Hormel products.

-ken

Excellent find Snow. I've been looking for that type of info.

If you are really serious you need to get a garden up and can your own fruits and veggies.

-Thomas Jefferson

by the way, how can you tell what version you have? my copy of FM 21-76 (titled simply US ARMY SURVIVAL MANUAL) has copyright notices of 1994 and 1991.

-ken
WAR: Snowreap, Preyz, Lbz, Leadz, Snowz, Taralin, Snowmeltz, Yellowtail, Snowbankz
WoW (Horde): Snowreap, Savagery, Baelzenun, Wickedwendy, Taralin, Disruption, Scrouge, Bette
Thudz Wrote:
Dustie Wrote:

You only have two hands and water is heavy. So share sucka.
Caveatum & Blhurr D'Vizhun.
[Image: glarebear_av.gif]
[Image: sterb037.gif]
So what's in your survival kit? I'd actually like to put one of those together myself. I'm thinking camoflauge tent, sleeping bags, water canteens and water purifying tablets, survival guide, warm waterproof clothes, ponchos, matches and magnifying glass to start campfires, combat knife, compass, first aid supplies, fishing line and hooks, candles, walkie talkies...what else?

I am at a dead end in persuading my wife to let me get a gun. Best option might be to be bury one in a chest in the West Virginia wilderness, so I can race to it at need...
Ex SWG, L2, CoH, Wow, and War
Currently PvPing in the stock market
Grieve Wrote:So what's in your survival kit? I'd actually like to put one of those together myself. I'm thinking camoflauge tent, sleeping bags, water canteens and water purifying tablets, survival guide, warm waterproof clothes, ponchos, matches and magnifying glass to start campfires, combat knife, compass, first aid supplies, fishing line and hooks, candles, walkie talkies...what else?

Just a few more tips.

Water Purifying Tablets can expire, use bleach instead.
Make "stink bait" if you have access to fishing. That kind of bait can last 100 years.
Use soft cell batteries (you can freeze them with out cracking) for long term storage.
The "can opener" will be the single most important tool you can own.
Freeze dry spices and seed.
Large amounts of Salt.
Buy your firearm and bury it in the garage so your wife can't find it. She will forgive you if you ever need it.
I've got one of these started but I should round it out. The survival class I took in college was one of the most informative of my career. It was taught by the military.
Caveatum & Blhurr D'Vizhun.
[Image: glarebear_av.gif]
[Image: sterb037.gif]
I'll post what's in my BOB (Bug Out Bag) when I get home tonight.

-Thomas Jefferson

Snowreap Wrote:by the way, how can you tell what version you have? my copy of FM 21-76 (titled simply US ARMY SURVIVAL MANUAL) has copyright notices of 1994 and 1991.

-ken

The one I have says 1999 on the front page. It's the one you'll find in the first few links if you google it.
mine says nothing except "U.S. ARMY SURVIVAL MANUAL" on the first page. most of the book is printed in black ink on regular paper, but almost the entire appendix is printed in color on glossy paper, except for the first 6 pages or so of appendix A.

I guess I'll just assume I have the 1991 version, and that the 1994 copyright refers to the presentation rather than the content.

-ken