I'm famous!
(in an anonymous sort of way)

One of the SETI guys sent me a page from New Scientist magazine.

It has a quote from the LA Times, which was quoting one of the suggestions sent in for the SETI program where they were taking public suggestions on any messages we might broadcast out to any aliens who might be listening.

That was one of my suggestions.

*sniff* I'm so proud!

(I sent in other, more philosophical suggestions too! I swear!)

In other news, Mt. St. Helens might turn into a supervolcano and kill us all.
hah! that's hilarious.
"Hamilton is really a Colossus to the anti republican party. Without numbers he is an host within himself. They have got themselves into a defile where they might be finished but too much security on the republican part will give time to his talents and indefatigableness to extricate them. We have had only middling performances to oppose to him. In truth when he comes forward there is nobody but yourself who can meet him. His adversaries having begun the attack he has the advantage of answering them and remains unanswered himself. For God's sake take up your pen and give a fundamental reply to Curtius and Camillas" - Thomas Jefferson to James Madison
Lol

You read the L.A. Times?
Moristans: err

What the f*** Skelas - I know this is NSFW, but I coudn't watch this at work...

-Orsun
The fact that the LA Times is quoting me is all the proof you should ever need that their reporting is truly worthless.
Slamz Wrote:In other news, Mt. St. Helens might turn into a supervolcano and kill us all.

I thought it was the whole yellowstone national park that was a supervolcano that is the source of all the thermal activity there and is just waiting to blow up and kill everyone..

Now we have 2 to worry about, damn Americans get your supervolcano's under control! Tongue

(via the original topic, great comment BTW!)
Zephyrs Wrote:
Slamz Wrote:In other news, Mt. St. Helens might turn into a supervolcano and kill us all.

I thought it was the whole yellowstone national park that was a supervolcano that is the source of all the thermal activity there and is just waiting to blow up and kill everyone..

Now we have 2 to worry about, damn Americans get your supervolcano's under control! Tongue

(via the original topic, great comment BTW!)

2012 for real bitches
[should not have shot the dolphin]
In any future debates, this will be referred to as "that time I got published in a major science magazine".
lots of other papers also using your quote

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=%22if+you+do+come+for+a+visit%2C+please+don%27t+kidnap+us+and+poke+us%22&meta=">http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=%22 ... s%22&meta=</a><!-- m -->
Wooo! ...well, it's almost all the same LA Times story. But still. Wooo!

Incidentally, that quote is actually a mutant mashup of the LA Times reporter and my quote (he had the quotation marks correct but everyone who quoted HIM mashed up my quote with his partial paraphrasing). This place has the full text of my entry:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://blogs.smithsonianmag.com/science/2009/05/21/how-should-earth-respond-to-an-alien-message/">http://blogs.smithsonianmag.com/science ... n-message/</a><!-- m -->
I achieved this level of fame last year when I posted a problem with the Microsoft Outlook API. If you search google for (no quotes):
ResultsEvents_ItemAddEventHandler not fired in cached mode

then you'll find that I'm just as famous if not more so then you (I have 5 pages of google links returned).

Anyway, keep trying. Maybe one day your words will grace the forums of "outlookbanter.com" or such prestigious pages as "eggheadcafe.com." LA Times, hah.
"Hamilton is really a Colossus to the anti republican party. Without numbers he is an host within himself. They have got themselves into a defile where they might be finished but too much security on the republican part will give time to his talents and indefatigableness to extricate them. We have had only middling performances to oppose to him. In truth when he comes forward there is nobody but yourself who can meet him. His adversaries having begun the attack he has the advantage of answering them and remains unanswered himself. For God's sake take up your pen and give a fundamental reply to Curtius and Camillas" - Thomas Jefferson to James Madison