Real Guns + Video Games
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://gizmodo.com/5332305/half+life-played-with-real-guns-is-jack-thompsons-wet-dream">http://gizmodo.com/5332305/half+life-pl ... -wet-dream</a><!-- m -->

As cool as the gun part is, watching them killing zombie things with sticks was awesome.
Game Tags
Skaag/Iceheart
Skaag51, Xbox Live
Skaag555, Steam ID
Pretty cool. If they can work in measuring the force of the impact you could get different results from different caliber weapons. That little .22 Ruger may require three or four shots to kill while a .357 or .44 Magnum may only require one.
"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state.
-Thomas Jefferson

Spread my work ethic not my wealth.
The game itself could just cycle the "type" of weapon and apply the different effects. Fire rate, accuracy variance, and other such factors though would be harder all with 1 gun. Not to mention the fact you are blowing holes into your screen hehe.
Game Tags
Skaag/Iceheart
Skaag51, Xbox Live
Skaag555, Steam ID
Skaag Wrote:The game itself could just cycle the "type" of weapon and apply the different effects. Fire rate, accuracy variance, and other such factors though would be harder all with 1 gun. Not to mention the fact you are blowing holes into your screen hehe.

But that eliminates the reality of actually firing the different guns which is what they are going for here. The is a big difference in reality between firing the Ruger .22 he used and a large caliber handgun. For one the recoil on that Ruger is neglible while the recoil on say a .44 Mgnum is significant enough that it takes you a second or two to get back on target. If they are going for reality they need to take the next step and support different weapons. Which means they'll need a different backdrop that can take the abuse.
"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state.
-Thomas Jefferson

Spread my work ethic not my wealth.
Good point
Game Tags
Skaag/Iceheart
Skaag51, Xbox Live
Skaag555, Steam ID