Hypothectical
Thudz Wrote:
Hoofhurr Wrote:Where do you want to be when the clock stops Thudz? With your guns or with red curry? :lol: Don't go!

Dealing with my firearms is also a concern. I haven't even started the research as to what is legal there, if anything, and what I'll do with mine.

Be prepared to put them in storage. You will not be taking firearms out of the country. Don't even transfer them over statelines if you can help it.

My move from Georgia to New York ended with me selling the fire arms I bought in Georgia and re-buying them in New York. New York firearm laws are close to unconstitutional.

Vllad
Breand Wrote:my friend is an expat. He started in India, in Hyderabad, was there for about 2 years...absolutely hated it, and got transferred to Bulgaria, which he loves and has been for 5 years now (even got married and divorced to a local) with no intention of coming back to the U.S. He hated India tho.

To be fair, though Hyderabad is far more of a shithole than the rest of India. Its like judging the US by going to Baltimore.
Vanraw Wrote:Diggles (Mr. Pessimist) is in full swing Smile. Here's the deal, every industrialized country has its "bad places" (Crime, pollution, terrorism, etc).
I know you know this Thudz, but a message for diggles is, "Dont let fear stop you expe4riancing life to its fullest".

Oh I'm not afraid to go somewhere thats CLEAN and established...ie Japan, Iceland, UK, Germany, Scandinavia...but going to some 3rd world backwater shithole that is like American in the 1880's is not my idea of safe. Fine you did it, great for you, I sure wouldnt risk my families life for a few extra bucks. Dont take your American liberties and safeties for granted.
[should not have shot the dolphin]
I would consider it, but my wife absolutely would not.

Then again, if it were in Bangalore I probably wouldn't consider it. Shtinky. Two weeks there was enough. And living (well) there is more expensive than you might think.
Ex SWG, L2, CoH, Wow, and War
Currently PvPing in the stock market
Had a long discussion with my boss today. I told him I want the office but I'm hesitant to move the family. We agreed to meet in the middle. We're going to do a trial remote management period which will include several 3-4 week trips on-site per year. My first trip over there will be around May time. Unfortunately it seems we will also be meeting in the middle as far as compensation package is concerned, but hey 20% is nothing to shrug at.
"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state.
-Thomas Jefferson

Spread my work ethic not my wealth.
Be sure to bring your concealed carry license with you, foreigners get a kick out of it when you show that as an ID, liek I always do at bars...
perhaps a chat with dear old dad is in order :mrgreen: