Crypto
(02-07-2022, 03:27 PM)strife Wrote:
(02-07-2022, 11:45 AM)Skelas Wrote: to be fair, my area has a really strong CHW community and we've created a pretty profitable loop of vaults, so your mileage may vary,  but if it's warm out and i'm getting my bike ride in, i'll make 6-7 bucks per ride.  Winter in MN right now I make 2-3 bucks a day.
Yea, I downloaded it... doesn't look like much of a win for me. Working from home and at my computer 8+ hours a day isn't conducive to playing Pokemon go.  May tell my kid he has to go ride his bike and find some keys.
HAHA! Nice! 

Crypto.com \0/ to the moon!
Yes it's been a great day! Tomorrow could be totally different.

Crypto.com's "Free" crypto sucks compared to Coinbase. With Coinbase I've gained $24 in free Crypto and probably spent maybe 20 minutes on it.

Crypto.com I've done all of the stuff I can do, spent about 10 minutes on it, and got $0.15 from it.
I don't own kid gloves.

Steam Friend Code : 1636490
Rough weekend. Sometimes I think I know what's going on with the market..... I traded MANA for more CRO pre-super bowl and it didn't preform like I had planned but that just means I wait longer! SUKU and GALA are looking decent, although I would still buy more CRO but I am out of play money. DOH!

(02-14-2022, 03:56 PM)Crice Wrote: Rough weekend. Sometimes I think I know what's going on with the market..... I traded MANA for more CRO pre-super bowl and it didn't preform like I had planned but that just means I wait longer! SUKU and GALA are looking decent, although I would still buy more CRO but I am out of play money. DOH!
Surprised CRO didn't get a bump after the super bowl add.  Coinbase had one as well.  Crypto is so finicky that I would have expected a simple SB add to make them jump through the roof.  Oddly enough it looks like it took a dump right about the time of the ad.  

My non-Crypto is down as well, but nothing like Crypto... I'm down ~6% YTD outside of Crypto.
I don't own kid gloves.

Evidently the Coinbase ad caused their app to crash

https://www.theverge.com/2022/2/13/22932...-app-crash

Gotta admit, it was a pretty smart ad... even my wife used the QR code.
I don't own kid gloves.

Yes. I was wrong. I expected CRO to go up and it didn't. I traded all my Crypto for CRO so... ya I went all in. Oh well... I am just going to have to wait and see.

It's just a horrible time for Crypto... it's not a great time for any type of investing really... my mutual funds are all gaining for the most part, but it's slow... some are down on the year, but down being like .5%... not 5-10% fluctuations daily.

This whole foray into Crypto has further entrenched my opinion that crypto is just a game and shouldn't be a serious investment for the overwhelming majority of people.
I don't own kid gloves.

(02-17-2022, 03:51 PM)strife Wrote: It's just a horrible time for Crypto... it's not a great time for any type of investing really... my mutual funds are all gaining for the most part, but it's slow... some are down on the year, but down being like .5%... not 5-10% fluctuations daily.

This whole foray into Crypto has further entrenched my opinion that crypto is just a game and shouldn't be a serious investment for the overwhelming majority of people.

Well, for me it's mindset. You can't worry about the daily, weekly, or even monthly fluctuations.  Was I planning on selling this month? No? Then who cares.  Zoom your graphs out a year or 2 and that's what i'm here for.
Skelas

Burnt to a crisp.
(02-18-2022, 08:12 AM)Skelas Wrote:
(02-17-2022, 03:51 PM)strife Wrote: It's just a horrible time for Crypto... it's not a great time for any type of investing really... my mutual funds are all gaining for the most part, but it's slow... some are down on the year, but down being like .5%... not 5-10% fluctuations daily.

Well, for me it's mindset. You can't worry about the daily, weekly, or even monthly fluctuations.  Was I planning on selling this month? No? Then who cares.  Zoom your graphs out a year or 2 and that's what i'm here for.
The problem with zooming your graph's out a year or two is... very few of the crypto's(that I've seen), have a steady track record of growth... they are all over the place.  Some have been worth basically nothing and then rapidly increase to stupid amounts and then rapidly fall and then go up then down... They are like a company that had 1 viral video and then nothing...  company value jumps to huge amounts, but was unable to repeat that.  We'll see... I think COVID has been good for crypto and that's about the time many of them took their jumps in value... not sure what's going to happen to it once COVID is no longer a worry... and with some countries changing laws for Crypto, it's just a risky investment IMO.  I think many of the Crypto's values are artificially inflated.  Why is Bitcoin worth 40k?  Because people think it is... that's really the gist of it.  Traditional investments are priced where they are because their companies make money and there's actually some science to their values.  Not so much in Crypto. 

I'm a big fan of the buy and hold strategy, just not with Crypto(100% of my investing is on auto buy outside of crypto)... but that's not something I would feel comfortable doing with Crypo.  Like I Said, for most people it shouldn't be a serious investment for.  For some it make sense. If you really know what you're doing, go for it.
I don't own kid gloves.

How's that $25 bucks doing? You ready for a Lambo?

You know it's kind of funny... I have tried on crypto.com and coinbase.com to buy crypto with my bank account and there is something with my debit card that will not allow crypto purchases. The only way I can buy crypto is either directly connecting my bank account or by setting up a paypal account.

I kept trying to buy cro and I was going to buy mana but because of my issues I kind of just said screw it. I do think the metaverse stuff is going to be big. Bigger than CRO but I'm not sure that mana is going to be the winner there. I feel it's going to be someone else and I have no idea who that's going to be. It really is the wild wild west out there...
TinStar
96 99 44 4 33
(02-18-2022, 01:16 PM)Crice Wrote: How's that $25 bucks doing? You ready for a Lambo?
Hahah... I went in with $20, after all the learn & Earn and gifts I was up to about $47 "invested".  My current value is right around $35.

I'm just waiting for Elon to go on a twitter tirade and bump my penny stocks up considerably, then I can cash out and go buy some dinner!

[Image: Jl7hv59.png]
I don't own kid gloves.

(02-18-2022, 03:44 PM)TinStar Wrote: You know it's kind of funny...  I have tried on crypto.com and coinbase.com to buy crypto with my bank account and there is something with my debit card that will not allow crypto purchases.  The only way I can buy crypto is either directly connecting my bank account or by setting up a paypal account.

I kept trying to buy cro and I was going to buy mana but because of my issues I kind of just said screw it.  I do think the metaverse stuff is going to be big.  Bigger than CRO but I'm not sure that mana is going to be the winner there.  I feel it's going to be someone else and I have no idea who that's going to be.  It really is the wild wild west out there...

I setup my bank account to coinbase. I am in the process of learning how to move my coinbase assets to crypto.com. I believe I have to send my coinbase assets to my coinbase wallet and then to crypto.com. I will try will a little bit and then all of it if it works out! I hold so much CRO that I am missing out not getting perks and the crypto.com card CRO with purchases. I would also stake some to see how that works out.

Looking good even in time of war.

Yours and my definitions of good are completely different. Good would be completely recovered from the losses earlier in the year and now gaining... Good would not be, slightly recovered some of what it was down over the past month or two.

Most of this gain I believe is because of the war... just the headlines that Ukraine is being sent Crypto to help with their war efforts is enough to cause Crypto across the board to go up.
I don't own kid gloves.

I hold CRO. In fact today I am putting more into CRO just had to get the my bank to stop block crypto.com from taking my money. I will try buying for .43 but anything under .50 I am good with long term.

I day/week trade with a set amount of money. I buy low and sell high, its higher risk but did you see UMA? I was on that ride! Down 13% today but it was up 150% over the last two days. SUKU and GALA at .25 currently, looking for a bump to .40-.50 and then sell. MANA is still good but I sold at 3.30 and owned at 1.25 average? I still see it as a 5.00 opportunity but a wise investor Peter Lynch said "Don't invest in what you wouldn't spend your own money on". I don't have any interest in the metaverse but others do so it should continue to go up. But lame......!

By Definition: Good to me is making money on short term buys. Long term I expect 100% return in a year. Safe to me and better than the stock market or some firm making me 5-7% a year on my money.

PS: if I am wrong you can reopen this post in a year and laugh at me. Win Win!

Play 7d2d chickenman

I'm curious when it's going to be a good time to invest in the ruble. Seems like now might not be terrible lol.
TinStar
96 99 44 4 33
(03-02-2022, 11:10 AM)Crice Wrote: I hold CRO. In fact today I am putting more into CRO just had to get the my bank to stop block crypto.com from taking my money. I will try buying for .43 but anything under .50 I am good with long term.

I day/week trade with a set amount of money. I buy low and sell high, its higher risk but did you see UMA? I was on that ride! Down 13% today but it was up 150% over the last two days.  SUKU and GALA at .25 currently, looking for a bump to .40-.50 and then sell. MANA is still good but I sold at 3.30 and owned at 1.25 average? I still see it as a 5.00 opportunity but a wise investor Peter Lynch said "Don't invest in what you wouldn't spend your own money on". I don't have any interest in the metaverse but others do so it should continue to go up. But lame......!

By Definition: Good to me is making money on short term buys. Long term I expect 100% return in a year. Safe to me and better than the stock market or some firm making me 5-7% a year on my money.

PS: if I am wrong you can reopen this post in a year and laugh at me. Win Win!
I created an account with Decentraland to try out their online world... it's so horrible... I can't believe people actually put money into that bullshit.  

Quote:Play 7d2d chickenman
I'm not a fan of zombie anything...  also I can't keep up with how fast you are in and out of games!

(03-02-2022, 02:47 PM)TinStar Wrote: I'm curious when it's going to be a good time to invest in the ruble.  Seems like now might not be terrible lol.
Thought about this, but didn't feel like messing with setting up a forex account.
I don't own kid gloves.

Bull or Bear.... .Who knows?!

I took a chance and bought some APE.... yup APE Coin after the famous NFT company, they are raising money for projects. It's so high risk I had to check two boxes on the trade confirmation. APE COIN! HAHA

For now she looks to be a runner. Up 1300% the first week.

POLS APE CRO thats what I got.

Little bit of rebound in Crypto over the past couple days.. I'm up about 10% from the low point, hasn't gotten back up to my high point in January but much better than it was a week or so ago.
I don't own kid gloves.

Ya buddy! I need the volatile market to make money. Take a look at the top performers daily.

Have you been doing the missions on Crypto.com to get gems to use for CRO or NFTS?

(03-25-2022, 02:24 PM)Crice Wrote: Ya buddy! I need the volatile market to make money. Take a look at the top performers daily.

Have you been doing the missions on Crypto.com to get gems to use for CRO or NFTS?
Yea I've done all of them that didn't require me to spend $ and do the Daily status check mission pretty much every day. I've gotten .50 worth of CRO out of it which is currently worth .60... Getting rich slowly!! Smile

Also still checking the learn and earn from Coinbase, got another $3 worth yesterday in that.  This has been by far the best use of time... I have about $41 worth of crypto here on my $20 investment. 

I also do the Coin Hunt World app that Skelas recommended, although that one in my area is very slow... I basically just collect keys and hardly ever get an opportunity to answer questions(because I don't walk/bike around intentionally trying to do it and only answer them when I just so happen come upon one).  I have .00000171 bitcoin and .00004096 Ethereum through there...
I don't own kid gloves.

Literally every crypto that I have is up today... DOGE ABOUT TO MAKE A RUN! Smile
I don't own kid gloves.

Its Bull season. Enjoy the run! To the moon... etc. etc.

Dammit! See we got to excited and then POOF. The DIP is here.