Android already surpasses iPhone
On the topic of hating Apple, I got an iPod recently. I needed a solid state MP3 player and hey, everyone has iPods!

Jesus, where the fuck did they get iTunes from? 1992? It's a single threaded, non-intuitive piece of shit. It's clunky, it doesn't obey its own options and gives cryptic errors. Not only is it single threaded but apparently also single minded as I typically can't seem to even get it to recognize that I'm hitting the cancel button on a task (like synching, or updating Genius).

Genius (automatically built playlists) is a great concept and I like it but the actual execution of the overall program and the ability to control what, precisely, is on my iPod is just shit.

The only thing I think Apple has really perfected is marketing. They are marketing geniuses.
Heh - that is really the one ding I have against the iPod I got for my wife - iTunes. I can't stand it.
iTunes probably works a lot better on a Mac. I'm sure there are Apple fans out there who cite iTunes as proof that the same software works better on a Mac than it does on Windows, making the Mac an inherently better platform for all software.

-ken
New World: Snowreap
Life is Feudal: Snowreap Iggles, Taralin Iggles, Preyz Iggles
Naval Action: Taralin Snow, Snowy Iggles
EQ2: Snowreap, Yellowtail, Taralin, Disruption, Preyz, Taralynne, Snowy, Snowz
ESO: Snowreap, Yellowtail
PS2: Snowreap
GW2: Snowreap, Yellowtail, Preyz, Taralin, Taralynne
RIFT: Snowreap, Yellowtail, Preyz, Taralin, Snowy
PotBS (British): Taralin Snow, Taralynne Snow, Snowy Iggles, Edward Snow
PotBS (Pirate): Taralin Snowden, Taralynne Snowden, Redshirt Snowden
WW2O: Snowreap
WAR: Snowreap, Preyz, Lbz, Leadz, Snowz, Taralin, Snowmeltz, Yellowtail, Snowbankz
APB: Snowreap, Sentenza
STO: Snowreap@Snowreap, Snowz@Snowreap
AoC: Yellowtail, Snowreap, Snowstorm, Redshirt
WoW (Horde): Snowreap, Savagery, Baelzenun, Wickedwendy, Taralin, Disruption, Scrouge, Bette
WoW (Alliance): Yellowtail, Wickedwendy, Snowreap
AC1: Snowstorm, Yellowtail, Shirt Ninja, Redshirt
Fucking Apple and iTunes.

Why does Apple care how many times I reload iTunes and how many computers I have it loaded onto? I already paid for the downloads and I can only access them through my account if they stay in iTunes so why does it matter?

What am I missing?
Moristans: err

What the f*** Skelas - I know this is NSFW, but I coudn't watch this at work...

-Orsun
What am I missing?[/quote]
Slamz Wrote:Jesus, where the fuck did they get iTunes from? 1992? It's a single threaded, non-intuitive piece of shit. It's clunky, it doesn't obey its own options and gives cryptic errors. Not only is it single threaded but apparently also single minded as I typically can't seem to even get it to recognize that I'm hitting the cancel button on a task (like synching, or updating Genius).,,,,,,,,

......The only thing I think Apple has really perfected is marketing. They are marketing geniuses.

100% agree. This is the company that still only has one mouse button. It blows me away that people think they are the a great design company when it comes to form and feel. They are not that good.

[quote="Moristans"]Fucking Apple and iTunes.

Why does Apple care how many times I reload iTunes and how many computers I have it loaded onto? I already paid for the downloads and I can only access them through my account if they stay in iTunes so why does it matter?

This is the other thing I hate about these guys. DRM is bad for business. Apple is one of the worse.
Maul, the Bashing Shamie

"If you want to change the world, be that change."
--Gandhi

[Image: maull2.gif]
Vanraw Wrote:This is the company that still only has one mouse button. It blows me away that people think they are the a great design company when it comes to form and feel. They are not that good.

Psst, that mouse that looks like a single button mouse is a 2 button mouse.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://store.apple.com/us/product/MB112LL/B?fnode=MTY1NDA1Mg&mco=MTMzNzYzMzc">http://store.apple.com/us/product/MB112 ... TMzNzYzMzc</a><!-- m -->

Touch-sensitive top shell

It looks and feels like a sleek one-button mouse, but the Apple Mouse's smooth top shell hides a powerful secret: touch-sensitive technology under the shell detects which part of the mouse you're clicking, so you can both left-click and right-click. And if you prefer the simplicity of a classic one-button mouse, the Apple Mouse is up to the task. Just use the Mac OS X system preference pane to configure it how you want

Heres the newest version
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://store.apple.com/us/product/MB829LL/A?fnode=MTY1NDA1Mg&mco=MTUxMDc0OTI">http://store.apple.com/us/product/MB829 ... TUxMDc0OTI</a><!-- m -->

You're an idiot.

Apple crushes any competition when it comes to design and interfaces. iTunes is much simpler and use to use then WMP. Performance is a different issue.

You're probably overthinking everything Slamz. Just ask yourself, what would Grandma do?
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.apple.com/itunes/features/">http://www.apple.com/itunes/features/</a><!-- m -->
[should not have shot the dolphin]
When I'm 82, half-blind and suffering from Alzheimzers, I'm sure I'll love the Mac. I'll just slam the iButton with my arthritic hand over and over with my iDrool cup protecting the sensitive electronics. It'll be great.

Until then, I prefer functionality over form and efficiency over simplicity. I don't want a computer designed for Grandma.
Slamz Wrote:When I'm 82, half-blind and suffering from Alzheimzers, I'm sure I'll love the Mac. I'll just slam the iButton with my arthritic hand over and over with my iDrool cup protecting the sensitive electronics. It'll be great.

Until then, I prefer functionality over form and efficiency over simplicity. I don't want a computer designed for Grandma.

then why'd you buy an iPod? Is that Alzheimzers already kicking in? Why not get a $50 Sansa that does the same thing as a $150 ipod
he's such a crabby fucker.
Skelas

Burnt to a crisp.
Diggles Wrote:then why'd you buy an iPod? Is that Alzheimzers already kicking in? Why not get a $50 Sansa that does the same thing as a $150 ipod
I momentarily forgot that the world is full of idiots, which is why Apple products keep selling. :-p If someone had told me that iTunes was something built by a teenager in their mother's basement using QuickBasic, I would have bought something else!
Slamz Wrote:
Diggles Wrote:then why'd you buy an iPod? Is that Alzheimzers already kicking in? Why not get a $50 Sansa that does the same thing as a $150 ipod
I momentarily forgot that the world is full of idiots, which is why Apple products keep selling. :-p If someone had told me that iTunes was something built by a teenager in their mother's basement using QuickBasic, I would have bought something else!

Have you watched all the video tutorials from the website yet? heh
I had to start using iTunes to help all the idiots with it and now I like it alot more than WMP. I really hate WMP now
I dont see what the problem with itunes is other than the cancelling issue that Slamz complains about - and I despise apple products other than my ipod.
Apple has now sold THREE million iPads, and as of yesterday the iPhone has multi-tasking and folders (I'm downloading the update right now). Verizon iPhone is now widely expected to be announced anyday.
Ex SWG, L2, CoH, Wow, and War
Currently PvPing in the stock market
Grieve Wrote:Apple has now sold THREE million iPads,

And American Idol was the most popular show on TV... No accounting for taste.
Grieve Wrote:Apple has now sold THREE million iPads, and as of yesterday the iPhone has multi-tasking and folders (I'm downloading the update right now). Verizon iPhone is now widely expected to be announced anyday.

Did you have to pay for the update? It pissed me off when I had to pay for the iTouch update to get functionality that should have been available out of the box.
Maul, the Bashing Shamie

--Gandhi

Vanraw Wrote:
Grieve Wrote:Apple has now sold THREE million iPads, and as of yesterday the iPhone has multi-tasking and folders (I'm downloading the update right now). Verizon iPhone is now widely expected to be announced anyday.

Did you have to pay for the update? It pissed me off when I had to pay for the iTouch update to get functionality that should have been available out of the box.
No, it's free. However, older phones have some limitations. Everything works on my wife's 3GS, but multi-tasking doesn't work on my 3G (not enough processor speed/memory). I don't care too much, as I'm picking up my iPhone 4 tomorrow. Folders, unified mail, etc all work on the 3G.

There's actually a huge number of "small print" changes in there that are really nice. Things like multiple Exchange accounts, SSL VPN, email threads, the unified e-mail, camera zoom and photo "places and faces", better spellcheck, etc.
Ok Grieve, so what Im reading here, is you have a iPad, your wife has a ipad, you have a iphone and are buying a iphone4. Im going to jump at an assumption that your wife has a iphone as well .p/

Dude, you can not single handily prop up the stock on your own!!!
Maul, the Bashing Shamie

--Gandhi

No, I have an iPad and an iPhone, and she just has an iPhone. Our 7 year old does have an iPod touch, though. And our 5 year old is getting my old iPhone when I get the iPhone 4.

However, none of this in any way makes me an Apple fanboy. Smile
Grieve Wrote:No, I have an iPad and an iPhone, and she just has an iPhone. Our 7 year old does have an iPod touch, though. And our 5 year old is getting my old iPhone when I get the iPhone 4.

However, none of this in any way makes me an Apple fanboy. Smile

Uh ya, having kids that arent even teenagers with iProducts means you are a Fanboy
Grieve Wrote:And our 5 year old is getting my old iPhone

This is what is wrong with society...
Vanraw Wrote:Dude, you can not single handily prop up the stock on your own!!!

Since my company moves this companies freight I think it may be illegal to discuss my exact thoughts on this very subject in this sentence.

That sucks.

Vllad
Diggles Wrote:Uh ya, having kids that arent even teenagers with iProducts means you are a Fanboy
Hey, whatever it takes to keep the little buggers quiet!

Anyway, she won't be getting my old phone today. Was just at the mall to pick up the new phone...150 people in line in front of me, with 800 people total due to pick up their pre-order today at that one Apple store. There was 4 lines outside the mall (at each entrance), to get to a line inside the mall, which was itself a line to get into the "official" line outside the Apple store. When the security guard starting walking down the line offering bottles of water to people because "you are going to be out here a long long time and need to stay hydrated", I gave up. Which obviously proves I am NOT a fanboy... Wink
Grieve Wrote:
Diggles Wrote:Uh ya, having kids that arent even teenagers with iProducts means you are a Fanboy
Hey, whatever it takes to keep the little buggers quiet!

Anyway, she won't be getting my old phone today. Was just at the mall to pick up the new phone...150 people in line in front of me, with 800 people total due to pick up their pre-order today at that one Apple store. There was 4 lines outside the mall (at each entrance), to get to a line inside the mall, which was itself a line to get into the "official" line outside the Apple store. When the security guard starting walking down the line offering bottles of water to people because "you are going to be out here a long long time and need to stay hydrated", I gave up. Which obviously proves I am NOT a fanboy... Wink

Nah, that just proves you also have a life on top of being a fanboi. =P
Fretty
Guild Wars 2: Fretty The Charming - Mesmer(currently inactive)
Rift: Nico - Cleric Extraordinaire // Fretty - Radical Rogue(currently inactive)
Eve: Fret V2 - EW Master of the Universe (currently inactive)
Your head, my lap. 'Nuff said.
Actually he just can't stand to be outside in the sun. His British lineage doesn't allow him to survive in temperatures above 70 degrees =)
Veraphim Wrote:Actually he just can't stand to be outside in the sun. His British lineage doesn't allow him to survive in temperatures above 70 degrees =)
While this is true, I was more worried about the inevitable TV cameras showing up to report on the lines, and my boss seeing me standing in a line at the mall instead of working... Wink