HBO - Game of Thrones SPOILERS INSIDE. you have been warned
guy on another board posted these links...obviously their legality is in question...

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.fastpasstv.eu/tv/game-of-thrones/season-1/episode-1/">http://www.fastpasstv.eu/tv/game-of-thr ... episode-1/</a><!-- m -->

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.tvduck.com/">http://www.tvduck.com/</a><!-- m -->
The ad I saw the other day for it (I have DirecTV) suggested it would be a service offered to any subscriber to HBO. It didn't sound like it matter who your provider was as was being offered directly by HBO.

Too many games to fit in signature....
Well, episode II was better than the first, I thought. Of course that's the nature of the books - they just get better and better till it plateaus at A Feast for Crows.

I just hope it's enough to keep people involved.

It's good enough to have my wife already into it, and she is definitely not the show's target audience. So it does give me hope.
Gameless (for now)
I really dreaded the whole Lady scene. I knew it was coming, and it still was heart wrenching.

You forget what pricks the Lannisters are.
Skelas

Burnt to a crisp.
Does cercei tell that story about her first kid in the book? If so they obviously killed it since it wasn't Jaimies..

Haha there was a comment on a review from someone who had never read the books saying "First episode they push an adorable little boy out the window and second episode they kill and adorable little puppy, what is the third - tossing a bag full of kittens in the river?"
I like episode 2, but again I had my son who read the book, answering questions.

I liked it and want to see episode 3.
Maul, the Bashing Shamie

"If you want to change the world, be that change."
--Gandhi

[Image: maull2.gif]
yeah there is so much backstory that really helps the books along, I now have 7 people over every sunday to watch this thing. 3 of us have read the books, so there is a bit of explanation - like my wife turned to me and said "I thought her name was Danaerys (sp) why's she named Kaleesi (sp) now?"
Gameless (for now)
Latest episode was really well done. I didn't really imagine Sam Tarly this way, but I think I prefer this iteration that teh one in my head.

Still not thrilled with the Dothraki though, they are so Xena-warrior-princess, it's just silly.
Gameless (for now)
I have a question that I want to ask that is a complete SPOILER for those who haven't read the books. Please highlight the black field if you want to see my question, but be warned, it's a massive spoiler as already stated.

[bg=black]Do you honestly think they will be killing Ned Stark / Sean Bean? If so, do you think it will be about half way through the first season like it was in the books? I loved that he killed off the man that I perceived to be the main character in the books, as it was a total shock, but do you think they will have the guts to do that for TV? Or are they relying on Sean Bean too much to kill him off?[/bg]
Fretty
Guild Wars 2: Fretty The Charming - Mesmer(currently inactive)
Rift: Nico - Cleric Extraordinaire // Fretty - Radical Rogue(currently inactive)
Eve: Fret V2 - EW Master of the Universe (currently inactive)
Your head, my lap. 'Nuff said.
Of course, they aren't going to change something that big to the plot.

You can look at the episode titles and see what episode its gonna happen in too.
Good Jake, I'm glad you cleared that up for me. I was afraid they would ruin it for us by changing it for the sake of the mainstream audience they obviously want to keep around.
Fretty
Rift: Nico - Cleric Extraordinaire // Fretty - Radical Rogue(currently inactive)
I am enjoying the series as well. I didnt read the spoiler, but will say that HBO will changin things like the sex and violance but not major plots. The one good thing about HBO is they are not Hollywood executives with no talent that change major plots things on the whim for ratings.
Maul, the Bashing Shamie

--Gandhi

Shits on as from the last episode.

More TV shows need horse decapitations.
Ya, the last episode was outstanding. They did a really good job with the scene between Jamie (Jaime?) and Eddard outside the brothel. Not enough Tyrion though, but it was fun watching him crush that guy's face with the shield. So far it's been pretty accurate to the books, so I'm really enjoying it all.

I do find it odd to try and keep up with the pace of the show, as every episode it weeks or months after the previous episode, since they have to cram the entire novel into one season. I find it funny that they always have to have at least one character say a line that establishes how long it's been since the last episode, just to get that point across to the viewer, especially those who have not read the books. I'm glad they do keep that in mind though.
Fretty
I found it interesting how much more pronounced they made the gayness of Loras and Renly. There wasn't much room for any misconception there (!!!) whereas in the books it was more hinted at, as opposed to a scene where Loras starts gobbling goo.

What the fuck man.
Skelas

Burnt to a crisp.
Skelas Wrote:I found it interesting how much more pronounced they made the gayness of Loras and Renly. There wasn't much room for any misconception there (!!!) whereas in the books it was more hinted at, as opposed to a scene where Loras starts gobbling goo.

What the fuck man.

Its HBO, they always push a shows sex because network and normal cable channels can not. They view it as their leverage and they always push it. Sex sells I guess.
Maul, the Bashing Shamie

--Gandhi

Skelas Wrote:I found it interesting how much more pronounced they made the gayness of Loras and Renly. There wasn't much room for any misconception there (!!!) whereas in the books it was more hinted at, as opposed to a scene where Loras starts gobbling goo.

What the fuck man.

I was watching it on the plane ride to india and during the gay dudes shaving each other scene noticed the dude next to me kinda giving me the look.
was it the show on your laptop or the gay sex wallpaper on your desktop that got the weird look?
Mistahapie - 50 Warlord or Champion <Defiant> - Faemist
Master Armorsmith / Weaponsmith
Airyth - 50 Pyromancer or Chloromancer <Defiant> - Faemist

Mistahapie - 70 <Defiant> Troll War Mannoroth
Airyth - <Defiant> 70 Troll Mage Mannoroth
Iriani <Innoruuk's Legion> 52 DE Enc - Ebay
Mistahapie Bedwetter <Defiant> 70 TR War - VZ
Airyth <Defiant> 70 DE Enc - VZ
Crinekx <Defiant> 70 Frg Wiz - VZ
If I wasn't in a filthy third world country right now I would kill you.
I hear Canada's nice this time of year
Mistahapie - 50 Warlord or Champion <Defiant> - Faemist
Master Armorsmith / Weaponsmith
Airyth - 50 Pyromancer or Chloromancer <Defiant> - Faemist

Mistahapie - 70 <Defiant> Troll War Mannoroth
Airyth - <Defiant> 70 Troll Mage Mannoroth
Iriani <Innoruuk's Legion> 52 DE Enc - Ebay
Mistahapie Bedwetter <Defiant> 70 TR War - VZ
Airyth <Defiant> 70 DE Enc - VZ
Crinekx <Defiant> 70 Frg Wiz - VZ
Does Skelas slurp like Loras when his mouth is full?
Canada isn't 3rd world!!!

My Wife and I have been watching this throw. It caught our attention with the adds (they work). Neither of us have ever read the books and have been enjoying it. The whole horse scene was shocking to say the least. Totally didn't see that coming.
ESO - Rallick of Purge (Sorceror) - The Purge (and various others)
RIFT - Rallock (Cleric) - Virus (Deepwood)
WAR - Rallick (ArchMage) - The Purge
WoW - Rallick/Mootendo - The Purge
EQ - Nintelten <Defiant>
I don't remember in the book - did Stark call out Tywin when he stripped the Mountain of his titles?
Great episode tonight guys! You'll enjoy it.
Gameless (for now)
Is it just me or does it seem like they are going through the Daenerys story arc very quickly?
I can't remember fully, but aren't they already half way through the second book or further by now in book terms? I understand that her storyline was never the fastest moving and that they will obviously speed it up for TV, but that leaves me to wonder how far they can go with it before they run out of story from the books and will have to start making crap up.

Am I completely wrong?
Fretty