HBO - Game of Thrones SPOILERS INSIDE. you have been warned
Jakensama Wrote:They've already discussed splitting books 2-3 between 3 seasons so we'll burn that bridge when we come to it.. given HBOs tendancy to cancel shows like Carnivale and Deadwood, i wont hold my breath about book 4.

They didnt have the ratings GoT is getting.
Deadwood did, and cost less. Then again it stuck with the wire without huge ratings, but costwise the wire was not that high comparatively.

Deadwood even had exposition to a prostitute on many occasions like Game of Thrones too. (I love that design choice "How do we convey what the characters think or remember in the books" "Lets have them reveal it to various naked hookers")
SPOLIERS

First Shawn Bean lol lol lol. Most people watching the show haven't read the books. Granted it's Shawn Bean what did you expect?

The main turning point of the show will be if viewers continue to watch knowing that any MAIN character could die at anytime. They don't have to deal with the costs of the actors spiraling out of control since most of the characters that have been shown are going to die horribly in the next season. LOLOLOLOLOL Shawn Bean.
A-LA-BA-MA MAN!
HE'S QUICK, HE'S STRONG, HE'S ACTIVE!
You can take Alabama Man to the bowling alley, where he drinks heavily and chews tobacco!
HE CAN BOWL, HE CAN DRINK, HE CAN DRINK SOME MORE, ALA-BA-MA-MAN!
When wife asks him where he's been, just use the action button and Alabama Man busts her lip open!
"Shut up, Bitch!"
"Wow!"
BEATS HIS WIFE AND SLEEPS IT OFF, A-LA-BA-MA MAN!
Next season wont be that bad, 3 will..
The key to keeping HBO from canceling, is to watch it, and buy the DVD's. Its all about money.

If your out there watching it with torrents, then your part of the problem Smile
Maul, the Bashing Shamie

"If you want to change the world, be that change."
--Gandhi

[Image: maull2.gif]
Not my fault they give me no legal means to watch it.
Jakensama Wrote:Not my fault they give me no legal means to watch it.

Just promise yourself to buy the dvd set to fund the project and then do it Smile
Maul, the Bashing Shamie

"If you want to change the world, be that change."
--Gandhi

[Image: maull2.gif]
Vanraw Wrote:
Jakensama Wrote:Not my fault they give me no legal means to watch it.

Just promise yourself to buy the dvd set to fund the project and then do it Smile

That's what I'm doing here in Can-a-da-eh.
Fretty
Guild Wars 2: Fretty The Charming - Mesmer(currently inactive)
Rift: Nico - Cleric Extraordinaire // Fretty - Radical Rogue(currently inactive)
Eve: Fret V2 - EW Master of the Universe (currently inactive)
Your head, my lap. 'Nuff said.
Hitler is very pissed about this turn of events:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kLSYTHQbm4">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kLSYTHQbm4</a><!-- m -->
Skelas

Burnt to a crisp.
The hitler video has become less amusing now that i understand him.
thankfully I don't, so it remains funny as hell.
Gameless (for now)
I noticed when they showed Biter and Rorge in the back of Yoren's little cart, they had Jaqen H'ghar cloaked so you cant see his face.

Guess they didnt cast him yet Wink
Oh man, I forgot about him. Faceless man, right? Arya's contact to the badass she is going to become (I hope)
Skelas

Burnt to a crisp.
Arya already shows signs of becoming a badass. Am sad to see the season end already!
All long term Purge members must ultimately face the Diggles Test.
yeah lsat night's episode left me depressed ... spring 2012... FAWWWWWK that is a long way away.
Gameless (for now)
OrsunVZ Wrote:yeah lsat night's episode left me depressed ... spring 2012... FAWWWWWK that is a long way away.

Quote:People complaining about a 1 year wait? Oh my sweet summer child. What do you know of waiting? Waiting is for the long night, when GRRM hides for years and children are born and live and die all before the next book comes out.

Also EPIC LAWLZ

Watch First
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOoA1OtcNjM&feature=relmfu">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOoA1Otc ... ure=relmfu</a><!-- m -->

Watch Second
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owf6D2vfZqM&NR=1">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owf6D2vfZqM&NR=1</a><!-- m -->
A-LA-BA-MA MAN!
You can take Alabama Man to the bowling alley, where he drinks heavily and chews tobacco!
When wife asks him where he's been, just use the action button and Alabama Man busts her lip open!
"Shut up, Bitch!"
"Wow!"
Funny story, my wife was watching this while i was still in Bahrain. I was rereading the books and she was talking about the gay guys....i said wtf do you mean gay guys? Oh that flower guy she said, Just like you Skelas i didnt pick that up. After what she said i started catching all the little comments that was in the book concerning those two. Crazy! Wish they had toned that down though, egads.
Gunldesnapper Krewe GW2
AT1 (AW) Fritsch <retired> USN
The half man!
I didn't notice the gay stuff either. I was too busy trying to guess who was gonna die next to notice all those little details. I forgot about the "rainbow guard" of Younger Baratheon Brother. My brother reminded me of it the other day. Again I didn't notice that. I was too busy trying to guess when he was going to HORRIBLY DIE.

I most assuredly noticed GRRM's affinity for WAY underage girls. And rape. LOTS of rape. At least there haven't been any rapes by demons with barbed penises like in the Sword of Truth books.
A-LA-BA-MA MAN!
"Shut up, Bitch!"
"Wow!"
Zouji Wrote:At least there haven't been any rapes by demons with barbed penises like in the Sword of Truth books.

What the hell do you read??

I guess that's how it gets it's title though, the "Sword of Truth"...
"Who's your daddy?"
I bet no one lies when being faced with THAT?
Fretty
Rift: Nico - Cleric Extraordinaire // Fretty - Radical Rogue(currently inactive)
I've read the sword of truth series (by Terry Goodkind) and I definitely don't remember that part
Zouji Wrote:I most assuredly noticed GRRM's affinity for WAY underage girls. And rape. LOTS of rape. .

I dont think those things are really his particular affinity for rape or young girls, it is simply him creating an actual believable world in that time period. Rape during war was all over, and girls were married off young and the marriages were usually consumated after they bled.

Actually, contrary to what you would think, noble girls tended to be married off and knocked up earlier than common girls due to politics and dynastic pressures - so having these kids thrust into these situations is hardly odd.
Jakensama Wrote:
Zouji Wrote:I most assuredly noticed GRRM's affinity for WAY underage girls. And rape. LOTS of rape. .

I dont think those things are really his particular affinity for rape or young girls, it is simply him creating an actual believable world in that time period. Rape during war was all over, and girls were married off young and the marriages were usually consumated after they bled.

Actually, contrary to what you would think, noble girls tended to be married off and knocked up earlier than common girls due to politics and dynastic pressures - so having these kids thrust into these situations is hardly odd.

Ah, the good 'ol days...

KIDDING!
Fretty
Old days? Hell the age of consent in Germany is 14/16...
I forgot to post this. Not quite relevant anymore, but still very amusing song. It is also very catchy.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://dinosaurfeathers.bandcamp.com/track/please-please-george">http://dinosaurfeathers.bandcamp.com/tr ... ase-george</a><!-- m -->
A-LA-BA-MA MAN!
"Shut up, Bitch!"
"Wow!"
Never read this series of books, but i got the first season of hbo's for xmas. Finally got around to watching it.. this is good shit.. i'm on episode 5 and already love it.
Observe Adapt Overcome

Plooot - lvl 80 Thief
Ill Tempered Rabbit -lvl 41 Hammer Guardian
Illusionary Doolist - lvl 10 irritating Mesmer